Maintainers Refocus Month

He calls it fun. We'd call it lunacy. :rolleyes:

The boat usually comes out at Christmas to have it's bottom scraped but the cod were late down this year so they're trying 'one last time'!! They caught 4 between three of them. They were happy. Still loonies. I'm sure he shivered off quite a few cals.:D

hi everyone

back on track, i'm glad to say. i did a full day of packs yesterday to speed the ketosis up and doing the same today so hopefully it won't take too long.

its really heartening to hear about your losses and how quickly its falling off so well done!

roll on day 3 and 4!

keep up the good work everyone - it feels just like starting from the beginning last year!

Whoooo, where's everyone gone?

New Year's Resolutions/refreshing already slipped, only 1/2 way through January?

Good to hear your back 'on plan' CatGirl, just a few short weeks to Goal for us so come on, let's FOCUS.

I'm happy with 2 packs + 1 meal and evening Muller Light, no cravings as such but hard to still see some of the Christmas Goodies slowly being eaten by the kids, also Daughter has baked 30 Chocolate Corn-Flake cakes with Glace Cherry on top (ooh, why has LL made me lust after chocolate???).

Anyway, Wii fit still getting 30-50 minutes per day + 30 minute lunchtime walk (snow not doing my shoes any favours though).

Come on all, post your updates, you know it makes sense :)

Still here and on track!

Have one back at school and one still not back due to the snow so kinda wish I could get him back then I would find my daily routine a bit easier as making lunch for him (& his freinds) I have to admit I am finding a bit tempting ... but in general sticking to it!

Just a bit fed up with the lack of excercise due to the snow .... ordered my Hannah Waterman dvd 10 days ago and still no sign and can't get out to run so its just the walk up to the school for my daughter twice a day at the moment (which isn't very far).

So although had a great 8lb loss last week realisitcaly think this week is not gonna be great but still very focused.

Hows everyone else doing?

x

hi everyone,
well week 1 of refocus done , stuck to strict vegan diet since coming of the xante and have lost 5.4lb so im really pleased with that .
think im going to stick with the vegan diet for another week see if i a, loose any more and b, keep focused on exactly what im putting into my mouth
anyway so far so good x

That sound great Sukie. I'm pleased you've found a way through.

Just had a Jezzy Compot thingy.:drool::whistle::wow:

:ashamed0005:

hi there
well day 13 over for me - can't believe ive nearly done 2 weeks!
still finding it ok.

going for a meal on friday at pizza express - taking my mum and dad out before a strauss concert, it was my xmas pressie to them.

i haven't decided what to do yet as i may start to have 3 packs and a meal now i've done 2 full weeks, but wanted weigh in first really and thats not til saturday...

hmmm will have a think tomorrow!

daisy x

Well done S_S, great result considering the problems you've had :)

Good to see a few of the others posting again after a brief quiet spell (must have been the snow). Mid-week weigh on WII last night and another 2lb off, so 9lb since New Year which I am delighted about.

I have some definate target dates & some events coming up in next couple of weeks that I intend on taking a full part of: 50th birthday, Awards Launch, birthday and then a week's holiday from 15th Feb. Plan is to stick to low carb/cal combinations where possible (& stay tea-total for another 10 days until 50th party). Hopefuly despite the interruptions, I can lose another 14lb in the next 4 1/2 weeks to be towards the lower end of my box before going away. Plan then to focus for another couple of weeks on return and lose anything I put on.

Sounds reasonable to me, only problem is that I'm enjoying losing weight again and a part of me (yes the competitive bit) would like to see if I can get down below my lowest weight (which I know was too light); partly this is being instigated by the WII Fit, which seems to think that any BMI over 22 is overweight, and insists on showing me MII with a HUGE belly! [heaven knows how it would have shown me pre LL, just a belly & feet I guess!! :( ).

Anyhow, I'll play it by ear for the next 10 days, then see what damage a couple of controlled events do then reappraise.

Keep going everyone, nearly mid-way through January already :)

Check your height stats in the Wii Sean. Sounds off to me. Both my son and SiL are both bean poles and they're not far off your stats.

Stats are right, just had a thought it could be the way I designed the MII? May have a look tonight.

Hi everyone..

I am finally coming out of my December cloud - had a very emotional period, and a lot to cope with - things that were happening stateside that I could not control - but even knowing that made it very difficult to deal with, face and come to terms with.

Still working at it, but happy to say I am making good progress on getting back on my normal footing and happy grounds.

I have lost 12 pounds since Boxing day....and feel such relief and feeling better in myself for it.

I got a lot of really valuable support from my good friend SB, and from following the forum - even though I was not posting much was still looking in.

I think we should all be proud of ourseves. Be it 5 - 10 - a stone - 2 stone - whatever - we have all taken action NOW rather than later. Would we have done that in our "previous lives?" I know I wouldn't have.

So WELL DONE everyone. We ARE learning. We are winners because we are losers!!! :D :D :D

well done SS, Sean and BL
BL have you lost yours by just cutting back? Thats pretty impressive loss in less than 3 weeks!

The vegan plan is obviously working SS - are you counting calories too?

Sean, your obsession with your Wii mee is worrying me somewhat! ;)

Can't beieve its 14th Jan already!

Daisy x

day 4 and back into ketosis again, my wee stick is a nice shade of pink!

i know i should be used to it by now but i'm still pleasantly surprised by the surge of energy you get every time your body goes back into fat burning mode - i was up at 7.30 this morning doing my 30 day shred dvd which i would highly recommend.

hopefully the pounds will start to fall off for a good loss by saturdays weigh in. might go onto full packs for a few days as i've got a few left over from last time and i don't feel those hunger pangs anymore.

its really good to hear how we are all doing and in particular those of you doing it by healthy eating and exercise. i hope that this time round, i will have learned enough lessons to stick to low carbing as it clearly suits me but also to be able to keep maintaining using food rather then having to go back to packs - even though it is great knowing they are there as a backup.

so for the next few days a few resolutions - get up 30 mins earlier everyday to do the dvd, stick to packs and do a bit more cbt. i've bought some geneen roth books which my llc recommended and they are very thought provoking so should help.

good luck everyone and keep up the great work!

well done SS, Sean and BL
BL have you lost yours by just cutting back? Thats pretty impressive loss in less than 3 weeks!

The vegan plan is obviously working SS - are you counting calories too?

Sean, your obsession with your Wii mee is worrying me somewhat! ;)

Can't beieve its 14th Jan already!

Daisy x

Hi Daisy,

I am doing a variety of things really. I cut out carbs completely for now, been exercising like mad, walking to work every day, and replacing some meals with packs, drinking lots of water, and jsut being 100% responsible.

I have to make up for failing to silence my stress levels during a very difficult time. :rolleyes:

But hey, its happenieng...its coming off...and I feel better for it. :)

Well done BL and everyone else - the weight seems to be dropping off everyone again. Sean - dont overdo it!!! The competitive streak could maybe be used better for maintaining your weight and exercising (which it sounds like you have under wraps anyway - out and about in the snow! Hats off to you - I have watched more tv in the evenings after work than I ever have since the bad weather started!!)

Today is day 7 for me - I have done abstinence for a whole week so I will weigh myself in the morning. I'm hoping to be able to lose a stone and a half by January 8th so a good loss this week will start the ball rolling. ~Its a lot harder second time round though so I hope I dont go silly again afterwards and put any back on!

Welldone everyone,
You are all doing great and supporting each other too.
It's soooo much easier when you know you're not alone isn't it?
Keep going.

Well done Jazzy!

Well done everyone. You are all doing so well getting refocused.

I am having big swings although I am determined to succeed and get to grips with this maintenance lark.

Brilliant - I love reading how well you are all doing!!

SB - you are an angel - you must be to have got through Xmas and not had to join us here! I want your willpower/sense/whatever it is that keeps you sensible!

Well, day four for me today!! Yay!! Only got to three days maximum last time (or numerous times rather). Weigh in is not until Monday but I had a sneaky look today and I think I have lost 8lb...I do know though, that I'm starting to feel a bit better and not so bloated. Still really hungry though, so hoping tomorrow is better being day 5.

The reason that I've been able to stick to it this time, apart from the other half being on it too, is that I'm going to Egypt for my 40th on 20 Feb!! I can't fit in to any of my summer clothes, so needs must. My birthday is the Wednesday 17th, so I want to go out and enjoy myself for a meal and bottle of wine, so I hope to have lost another stone and a half by then. It's only five weeks...is it feasible I wonder??

Will keep logging in as you lot definitely help keep me on track!

well done poppy!
of course you will do it!
daisy x

Back