Maintaining after hitting your goal

Dazza121

Hi All,

only on day 3 of the TS but have been reading lots of posts on here regarding maintaining your weight once you hit your goal - and exante say to maintain you have 2-3 meal packs and a 600 calorie real meal for a total of 1000-1200 calories a day - surely this isnt a maintaining calorie intake - id expect it to be at least double that or treble with regular exercise. am i completely wrong about this as I dont think i can go through life constantly checking my calorie intake to such a low level a day. I know i cant just eat whatever i like but i do expect to be able to eat normal food ??

Dazza

Isn't that the Simple Solution plan - which is a weight loss plan? I'd say maintaining depends on the individual, but I know for me that if I stick to around 1800 calories and exercise a bit, I stay the same sort of weight.
For most women it's 2000cals and more for men to maintain a healthy weight. Obviously depends on height and weight and level of exercise. I did a low cal diet before starting Exante of about 1200 and lost on average 1-2lbs a week - so that's mo' def' not a maintenance diet!!

If you google "basal metabolic rate", there are plenty of online calculators available, which you can use to work out your own calorific needs when you get to goal (I don't think I am allowed to link to them on here?)

Yes I did that and it And that's why I was confused by the 1200 calories - I'm happier knowing I can have many more once I hit target ?

Back