Maintaining with Howard's Way

Hi Lady Gaga,

Not on TFR any more, in maintenance only but use TFR as a tool still sometimes to help me stay where I want to be (I suspect like most people, my weight does creep up a bit sometimes - holidays etc) so then do 2 TFR and a meal (or sometimes 1 week on TFR, then a few weeks of 2 and a meal if I've been especially naughty!;))

Going to relax over weekend though and eat with the family, then when kids back at school next week might have a few days of 2 and a meal before the next Bank Holiday!, after I've been along for my weigh in at Howards Way next week.
Off out with friends tomorrow night (weather is so lovely, will try and pick somewhere we can sit outside), not much planned otherwise, just a bit of gardening (or maybe lazing around in the garden instead).

Hope the night work doesn't go too bad, know it turns your eating day upside down so stay strong and drink your water, sure you will be fine.

Lots of love, Karen. xx

Sounds like you have it all under control Karen and found a plan that works for you. I soooooooo hope I find the same whenever I am fortunate enough to finish my long journey on my VLCD! November just feels like a lifetime away! I'm still being good but TOTM has arrived so now a bit apprehensive about weighing in on monday now! Hope you are all having a lovely easter weekend and enjoying the sunshine xx

Hi Lady Gaga,

Yes, enjoying the sunshine very much, thanks. Good luck with weigh in today, I remember my Howard's Way Locum saying that TOTM might affect weight loss a bit as some people store a bit more water at that time. Fingers crossed for you, though.

Will be in touch after my weigh in tomorrow, bit nervous myself as had wine with dinner for the first time in ages yesterday (and a sneaky glass in the garden while dinner was cooking!) and a few chocs, too! Never mind, will have a couple of very strict days before the next Bank Holiday if I need to.

Lots of love, Karen. xx

Hello there,

I just did you a big long reply and the phone went! Needless to say it logged me out and now my message has gone.
I have to run, but wanted to say, well done to you both, you are doing really really well.
My weight I am pleased to say has stayed the same, so I am really really pleased.

Take care,
Love Holly.XX

Glad you are back Holly and nice work for staying the same. I soooooooooooo wish I was a skinny mini like you and Karen! I'm doing OK. Only lost 2lbs this week but was time of the month so here's hoping for a better loss this week. Makes my total up to 3stone 5lbs in 12 weeks so not bad going in my thoughts. Just a lot more to go sadly but slowly my little gingerbread man is moving along my ticker...doubt he'll ever catch up with you pair tho!!! Sending big hugs your way xxxx

Well done you!!

It is so hard for you I know. When you see us keeping our weight down, but I wasn't always like it and have been where you are, so keep going, you are doing amazingly!! I love seeing the little gingerbread man slide along. 12 weeks is a massive achievement, so whoop whoop whoop to you......not sure what made me say that? but I just think you need a big pat on the back!
I don't know about you all, but I am really looking forward to watching the wedding on Friday. It is so nice to have some happy news on the television for a change.

Anyway, I will sign off now and once again keep up the good work!

Love Holly.X

Hi Holly and Lady Gaga,

Am pleased to say I stayed the same, too this week, which I am delighted about! Shows you can have a couple of little treats once you are where you want to be weight wise and, provided you don't go mad and carry on drinking your water, all is okay.:)

Yes really looking forward to having a day chilling whilst watching the wedding:love047: with my family and a few friends on Friday, so nice to have another long weekend.

Love to you both,
Karen. xx

Hello again Ladies,

I love the wedding smilies and just had to add on mine, its fantastic!:love047:

Well done both of you, it is so good to keep reading how well we are all doing. I do realise it won't always be like that, but its a really nice thread to read.
Abbie where are you, just post to say how you are.

All enjoy the wedding and remember, its only a day, so don't go too mad.

Love Holly.XX

Loving your wedding smilies too....so cute! Afraid I'm working a night shift tonight so will miss the wedding tomorrow as will be in bed all day! At least it gets me away from the foodie temptations I guess plus I need to crack on with my uni work so gives me a good excuse to do that!

I'm still keeping strong and as determined as ever....i blame my taurean genes! I also live in hope of one day being able to say I'm at target with you both.

Big hugs xxx

How you doing ladies? Hope all is still going well and Abbie if you are still out there please let us know you are OK.

I'm still doing well- had WI today and lost a whopping 6lbs today! Woo hoo. Now up to 3stone 11lbs lost so feeling pretty proud of myself especially as it's been a tough week.

Hope everyone else is doing OK and your WI's go well too xxx

Hello there,
Well done Lady Gaga, you are doing really well, so keep up the good work!
I am rushing out the door, so keep going all of you.

Love Holly.X

Hello there,
My friend just rang me and said Howard's Way diet was in an article a man called Simon Glazin had written for the daily mail. I knew you would all be excited (well I was), Its called 'Weighty issue' I'm half the man I used to be.
Just incase you cannot find it, I looked on the Howard's Way website and they have a link on it on their home page.
Let me know what you think? I thought it was fantastic and could see just where he was coming from. My group felt like a second family and the support I get is second to non.

And no ladies, I don't spend my life chatting to friends, but just had to send a quick post so you could read.

Love Holly.X

Hi Holly,

What a good story that is, really sums up how I felt when I was doing my group! Good to see someone else doing so well after finishing dieting, looks like he's kept his weight off really well, he looks fantastic! Nice to hear about Howards Way helping someone else with their dieting efforts, too.

Hope you are well, I stayed the same again this week so very pleased with that after another long weekend. Can just keep going now with trying to eat healthily, no need to buy any TFR's this week and my Locum said no problem, just buy whenever you need any, so that's good.

Well done Lady Gaga, you are doing great too.

Love to you both, Karen. xx

Hello there,
I am so glad you feel the same Karen. I got quite excited reading about him and how well he has done. I could also totally understand how he felt going to groups for the meetings. They were informative and really interesting, but a lot of fun too! We used to learn a lot, but have a laugh at the same time. I would never miss a meeting for anyone, that was my time! Oh my goodness listen to me getting on my high horse. Sorry about that.
Anyway, keep up the good work ladies and Abbie if your out there, do let us know how you are getting on.

Love Holly.X

I have cut and pasted what I wrote on the other thread, as not sure who will go on what first....
Hi Everyone:),
I am so so sorry for going missing for so long, but my computer broke:cry: and with everything else going on, I just didn't have the time to go out and buy another one. The one I had was so old! they wanted to put it in a museum I am sure. No all jokes aside, I have been lucky it has lasted so long. So hopefully this one will do well, I bought it off of a friend who loves all the lates gadgets, so fingers crossed it works for a long time.

Well done to all of you!!
You have all done so well. I have been reading all your posts, but just couldn't reply to them, as I am not sure if my work would be able to see if I replied on their computers or not. So rather than get in trouble, I thought just read and will write as soon as I can.
Thank you all so much for keep asking where I was, I felt so humble when I read it and wanted to shout I am hearrrr!!!!
Anyway, Keep up the good work all of you, you are doing fantastic.

I am so pleased with myself and without boasting.....when I last got weighed.....which was when I completed 8 weeks, I have lost a massive 43 pounds..........yes that's right 43 pounds! I am so pleased, I never honestly thought I could do it, let alone lose so much in such a little amount of time. I cannot believe I haven't cheated. Not one bit of anything that they say I cannot have has passed my lips. My Locum is brilliant! We have a laugh, we go through the study sessions, she answers all my questions and she honestly gets as excited as me, when I tell her what I have lost. She is my hero!
Oh my goodness, do I hear you say 'enough is enough', I know I have gone on, but I have been away for quite a while.
Well I will sign off now, keep well and keep the post coming.

Lots of love
Abbie.XX

Hi everyone, well done for how well you are all doing!:)

Pleased to report have managed to lose half a pound this week which as I'm not trying to lose any weight, is great news! Didn't have too much on at the weekend, just some family over for Sunday lunch, so that was good after the busy bank holidays which went before. Good to get back to some sort of normality, before the next one at the end of the month!

Again, my Locum said keep going just eating healthily, do think it's great that I can just go for the pop ins at Howard's Way to weigh in and not feel obliged to spend any money, which I must admit would put me off!

Anyway, hope everyone is okay and speak again soon.

Lots of love, Karen. xx

Hi Karen,

Well done you! Keep up the good work.

Where is lady gaga? or is she on another thread? I must go and have a look, because she was doing really well.

I have just posted a message for 'Losing it' on one of the other threads 'post' I think it is called and I was saying how happy I have been and it is weird because I have just said basically the same as what you have written about how nice it is to go along and get weighed and receive all the support, even if you don't buy the TFR. Perhaps I have special powers or something......scary. Anyway if anyone gets a moment, pop on there and say hello. I remember when I started, it was great to speak to people who had done the programme, as they really understood everything.

take care all

Love HollyX

Hello there,

Lady Gaga, Where are you?? I have just been looking for a thread with you on, but cannot find you?
I hope all is well with you. If something has gone wrong, please don't vanish, post and we can all help..

Let us know how you are.

love HollyXX

Hi all, just to keep you updated, I have lost a pound this week, so obviously being much too good, since still not trying to lose weight!

Seriously, though, I'm delighted as away for a few days visiting family this weekend and my auntie is a great cook, so not sure quite how virtuous I will be then!:rolleyes:

Anyway, have posted on a few threads today now as quite a bit to say now there are a few of us on here, off to pick kids up from school now so speak again soon.

Love Karen. xx

Hello there,

Well done all of you! you have done brilliantly. Does it sound smug to say I am glad I am on this programme. The only reason I say this is, my friends and I went out at the weekend and they were moaning about their weight............Phew I was glad I was losing weight and feeling good.
Anyway, I must fly off and will post tomorrow.

love Abbie.XX

Back