Maintenance Plans

Loucille2

What is everybody's plan once they get to goal? (because we WILL!)

Think I'm going to low cal/carb it all week and have 1 evening per week where I can have whatever :)

L xox

I am not going to follow any diet or plan, I will eat like a 'normal' person when I get to goal. I will eat food in moderation, stick to smaller portions, exercise regularly and have treats as treats and not as everyday food.

Not sure - some combination of shakes & low carb food, at least to begin with. Shakes don't really fit in with the paleo ethos as they are processed, but until I work out some way of eating healthily at work then they should keep me on the straight and narrow.

I know that I *can* have carbs if I want, but that I have to plan them, and compensate for them eg planning to have a traditional dessert or birthday cake etc for a special occasion would mean a carb-free day before and very low carb day after, to avoid the slippery carb slope.

Using myfitnesspal constantly to ensure that over a week my average calorie intake is right will certainly feature in the plan!

That sounds good. Evil Weevil your plan sounds similar to mine. Planning ahead so that bad things don't creep back into "everyday foods" haha! I think if I know there's a point I can have the thing I've been craving, I'll be able to hold off giving in at other times! Now I just need to get to that goal ;)

I am very near to my goal and am currently re feeding, once I come off the diet completely I will be going for the healthy options, low carbs defiantly but I will be allowing myself some nice bits every so often.....

Well done Spea, can't wait to be in that position! Keep up the good work xox

I think I'll be doing the porridge, soup and then low carb meal route once I've lost the weight, and then eventually stick to lower carb/salads/veg/soup to fill up. Carbs are my downfall and don't agree with me at all and will be the quickest way to pile it back on which isn't going to happen!

Me too! One glance at something carb-a-rific and I pile on a stone! It's so unfair. I honesty dot know how people eat it regularly and don't put on weight. I do know I was one of them though! My friend's a fitness instructor and going out to eat with him makes me want to cry ;)

I'm going for johnsons up day, Down day diet. Looks good and I can def follow it! X

I'm going back to weight watchers as haven't cancelled my membership yet as came out the day I joined exante. I will be at 'goal' with weight watchers at 11stone 1 which isn't far off so should get a refund but my ultimate goal is 10 stone 7 so will do exante until then.

I know I can never have carbs, apart from making me ill they definately increase appetite. With me its always the stodgy stuff that I crave, so forever its low carb and small portions. I never want to go back to what I was so this is me for life. I've proven I don't need to eat huge amounts and that I can eat healthily so this is the way to go for me. To be honest I now don't even miss it, I get more of a buzz from getting some new clothes that actually fit without having to squash the flab in LOL!.. CS

Me too! That's how I end up in this mess. I say no for a while and maintain but then l think I can handle a one off, which becomes 2 and then 3! xox

I think for the first time every I set out on this with maintenance in mind. I've never done that before. Every diet I've ever done has been for a special occasion or holiday and once that was over I went right back to how I was and unsurprising the weight went back on. This time around I'm doing this because I feel terrible and in fed up of being over weight. Here's hoping that this time will be the last and I'm finally in the right mind set.

Yay go skinnicow! Awesome attitude xox

I'm coming off plan on 30th June when I go on my holiday. I should be near to my ultimate goal by then. I am staying on the Exante porriage and for my lunch I'm going to have a bar with some salad and cottage cheese or ham. Evening meal protein and salad. When I've finished my supply of Exante up I'm going to stick to a low carb and high protein for a while and very gradually introduce carbs again. I'm not going to eat bread, refined sugars and keep fruit to 2 pieces a day. No to latte or other "posh" coffee's as they are ultra bad. This is got to be me for life now, I can't kid myself I can eat the same as I did anymore. I've done this too many times now. I'm going to weigh myself at least once a week. I'm loving getting back into my size 10's again and the feeling I have of confidence when I go into the changing room knowing I won't look awful. I have to keep this up for my own well being!!

I will follow Slimming world plan but mainly good old fashioned red days, so mainly protein and measured carbs and hopefully have a treat once a week if my body lets me lol. I don't drink that often so that's a bonus.

Back