Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

Oh Jane you have just made me laugh, I know what you mean about the chickens. The Auction is at Penkridge, not far from Junction 13 M6 on the A449. I have just looked at the catalogue and there are some Buffs and one Black Buff Cockerel but hubby can't go as they are laying a new cow track from concrete sleepers so he is busy, but Cy is very keen, he has an incubator that my Dad and he brought up to date and he had some goose and duck eggs in it, all eggs were no good apart from one and the little duck managed to get out but he was so weak and he found him passed this morning so my heart as a Mum went out to him coz he was so excited that it had hatched but its unfortunate that he needs to learn these hard lessons.

On silly names we have a very large white cockerel called Horace the Honey Monster he stands about 2ft 9ins high and is not far off as wide, hubby saved him from the poultry pens they clear the muck for he doesn't run with the chucks coz he would flatten them and he is so funny to watch run, he lives in the workshop, but he is a good two-three years old now so not a bad innings for a chuck.

I know the planes you are on about, we are only 5 miles from RAF Cosford and we get to see some of the planes when they do the Air Display there, in fact mum has a better view as she is only 2 miles away.

Saw a very excited MD this morning, house moving events are going at a lick I understand, I am so excited for her she deserves some breaks - But I have actually managed to (drum roll) get into the 12stones YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! and get this I actually managed to lose 2.5lbs despite Eater Weakend.

I have lost 3st exactly on CD since starting 6th Jan, a total of 3st 10lbs since October 06 I am so pleased.

Will celebrate later by buying some more chucks and going for a walk with Meggie, did 7k last night it was such a lovely evening and put the world to rights in my head by the time I got back.

My Nan was a great dog walker and I used to hate Sundays after lunch coz I was always dragged out to walk the dogs with her and Mum but now I am older I see the attraction.

Hope all is well with everyone, take care and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yes do go & get some new birds-you've earned them!

love the sound of horace.Is he also v placid?
any idea what breed (s) he may have in him?

Our welsumer cock is all show no courage.Our only bird you can't stroke, except the silky & she doesn't really count.

Our first ever he-hen was an accident.chosen by No2 for looks from a friend,failde to lay eggs,began crowing-you know the story.
Began attacking people.the only one it never went for was me (you see size has it's benefits) Except one morning I went in wearing red dressing gown,was leanin gover & felt a didtinct bump from behind.Turned round & sheepish looking cock standing here saying 'oh er wasn't me'
Anyway shortly afte,r he went for no2 quite badly.As I came round the corner I heard her calling.He had her pinned up against the fence & was repeatedly flying at her & her shin was bleeding
Where is that trusty stick when you want it?All I had was my handbag.Soin I went bag flyng,Left,right,left.Mrs Thatcher would have been proud of me.I chased him round & round the run in that manner.
Sadly he developed a boken neck later that day:rolleyes:
But the kids refused to eat him even though he was still young(ish) incase he tasted like his personality!(fair comment),

You sound so upbeat.

So happy for you
In the 12's =a major milestone.Would love to be there myself, but it is visible now on the hill.

Jane I just love your expressions, you make me smile.

Spent a fortune last night, bought 4 x Light Sussex Pullets, 4 x Rhode Island Red Pullets, 1 x Light Sussex cross White Sussex Bantam Hen and 5 x Black Leghorn Chicks.

The Buff Orpington Hens went for £22.50 each ugh!, but the trios (1 cock and 2 hens) went for £10 each, so we are going to bring our Legbar x Cockerel to the next sale and buy a trio of Orpingtons as they were the proper Big ones last night.

I can remember as a child being scooped up by my Mum and running away from a nasty cockerel, it was one of my Grandads show birds, when he came back from his trip the cockerel was no more, (Can't imagine what happened to him) needless to say one of the lads that worked for him was sworn to secrecy, my Nan was over the moon.

The only thing we have had trouble with is Geese, we had one called Hissing Sid and he was a really nasty piece of work, knocked me over one night when I was feeding the nags, couldn't get up as everytime I did he came at me again, hubby came looking for me, finally I got him shut up and off the yard, but it took the incident to get him to listen.

Might be going to a farm sale this weekend, to see if there are any old tractors, so may end up spending even more money ugh!

I am being good, didn't get for my walk yesterday so Meggie was all over me like a rash this morning, but I am going to try and get to the 4st loss by next Tuesday night back at GP's another certificate hopefully, so a reason to be good.

Will pop in over weekend, to see how everyone is - take care and have a good one.
xxx

So glad you stocked up on birds.
the light sussex/white sussex cross sounds interesting-what black ,if any does it have?

Sounds like hissing sid got his just desserts as well as an appropriate name.Do you still keep geese?

Don't understand how single orps can be so expensive but a trio so cheap!

The ,theoretically, largest one I've got is a white jersey giant.Not actually any larger than our rhodie at present,but have been told that they take 18/12 to mature-so maybe in the autumn she'll be noticeably bigger than the rest.
we also look after a retired black faverolle.Just noticed today that her beard & moustaches are back in full bloom after suffering during last years moulting .

fingers crossed for the 4st complete next week.

Oh -the farm sale-old tractors for pleasure or as a working tool?

Hiya Jane and the rest of the crew.,

Had a reasonable weak end, not brilliant on Sat but yesterday I was good.

Am having a hard time trying to SS so I will probably go back to 790 at least on that I have a meal to look forward to and honestly in the evenings that is the time when I have the most problems trying not to pick.

Before I started CD I wasn't a picker and I don't want to start any more bad habits than I already have.

Didn't go to sale on Saturday, hubby was helping them to lay a track for the cows and they finally got it finished yesterday.

Hubby and son like the classic tractors, mainly Massey Fergusons we have two of but we are always on the look out for more.

The little hen is mainly white she has identical markings to that of the larger Light Sussex but she has made friends with the Buff Orpington and they were having fun scratching around yesterday.

Horace is the breed that they cull out at 7 weeks for meat so am not sure what that is so he is well past his sell by date.

Cy and I would love to breed the rarer ones, a Golden Silky and her 8 chicks went for £66 on Thurs, and at the last sale one with chicks went for £90 which is a lot for a chuck. However it is the time and commitment involved that could stick a spanner in the works, and hubby can be unco-operative on some issues.

Mum has the geese now, its not safe round us with the farm yard for geese they would get flattened, plus they can be nasty and the third generation is now toddling around so they would be good targets.

Later in September one of the Vintage Tractor clubs local to Leominster have a ploughing match and harvesting display, I will let you know when that is and perhaps we could get to meet.

Am feeling very tired today, probably the headache I had last night so am looking forward to getting home later today, will have my walk and then crash.

GP clinic starts again tomorrow, I know I will not have got to the 4st yet, that will be next week now, but as long as I have lost I don't mind to much, angry at myself for being so self destructive. This is why I really need to be sensible and do the step that I know I can cope with, its all well and good losing weight quickly but I need to know that the slightest blip won't stack it back on quicker. 790 does give me as good if not better weight loss as I am getting now with the blipping picking, at least I know I can control myself on 790.

Well I am going to get on with some work, catch up soon.

Hugs
xxx

Hi Guys.,

I am slinking back in hoping that no one will notice.

I had my weigh in last night at GPs 3lbs lost since my last visit half a pound since seeing MD last Thursday. I know why coz I have had a really uncontrolled eating frenzy on Saturday (went into Hoover mode) good Sunday and Monday, good all day yesterday until after I had been weighed and I got home then was sooo stupid not over 700 cals but still not the right stuff.

I am so pissed off with myself, if I had applied myself properly I would have been down to target by now or at least not far off.

I am finding it very difficult to focus, and I don't know why, I desperately want to get this finished coz I feel that my dieting is beginning to rule my life, I know that for the rest of my days I am going to have to watch what I eat, but for goodness sake at least I can eat. I would rather know that I have got to goal and if I have an ocassional blip I can at least reduce my calorie intake to compensate and remain the same.

I think that maybe it is because I am in sight of the target I only have 31.5lbs to go and I know that if I apply myself I can lose that in 8-9 weeks, so why am I not applying this in practice???

I am sitting here thinking about food again, but also thinking about the fact that by the next GP weigh in on May 1st I could be down past my 4st goal and trundling towards my 5st loss.

Please please can someone give me some advice, I am seeing MD tomorrow which I am really looking forward to coz I like the visits.

I am feeling incredibly emotional and weepy, I really do not know what to do!

xxxx

Oh Carolyn,

You've done so well. I know you're not giving up but do you really want this to drag out? I do know how you feel. You know I've been there. I seem to be back on track now and if I can do it so can you! Why don't we set outselves a mini challenge. Forget about the end goal. Lets see if we can lose a stone in the next month. Up for the challenge? Then before you know it, it will be time for you to move up the plans. It won't be for me, but at least I'll be a stone closer.

Come on. you can do it!

Tx

Ah......t'is difficult.

What a bother it is getting your sensible down to business head on.

I could have been at goal for 2 years by now!! silly me. No use whining about it. Just how it is!!!

I like mini goals....little steps.

You know and I know that the time will still pass.....it's what you do with it that matters.

One of the important things that has only really hit home recently is finding out why you've blipped. I was always very good at blaming things, oooooh I was stressed, or ill or whatever. In reality it was all my own fault and no amount of stress or illness shoved creme eggs and pain au chocolat down my throat. I CHOSE to do that.

Sooooooooo, I would say get on with your life but along the way when wanting to munch stuff you shouldn't be, do a check and think...WHY?

xx

Oh TM - you have just made me weepy again, yes I am up for it, a stone by May 17th. I am so glad I have this site to come to, you are right I don't want it to drag out.

I just don't know whats the matter with me, I know that you have recently gone through something similar so your offer of a challenge is duly accepted.

Take care and I will keep watching and reading.

Hey Carolyn,

I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same position at the moment and I'm afraid I won't see any loss this week or worse yet a gain. I'm drawing a line under all of it and starting again. I want to go at least a week and more without nibbling. Easier said than done. I think we should challenge ourselves to just put our best foot forward and try and complete the goals we set out to do.

Good luck this week. We can do this with the support of this board.

Davica

Thanks Nicole I know you are right, but sometimes the other side of my personality, you know the one. The one that got me in this mess in the first place, is stronger than ME.

I find myself walking through Waitrose and deliberately buying low fat mild cheese, and completely ignoring the voice which says "What the f**k are you buying that for, you know you are only going to eat it, you know that you want to continue losing weight, so why are you eating it" I don't even respond to the ME voice, I just continue on knowing that I will eat it and do.

Perhaps I can pinch myself back into ME, I have Paul McKenna's CD at home from last year perhaps I could start listening to that again.

Come on. We can do. It's never easy, but what I've learned recently and i know it's hard to convince myself sometime, but it's true....Food doesn't make you happy!!!

I'm going to try and tell myself that on Friday..It's my brithday....One of the classic ocassions when I feel I'm allowed to indulge, which is silly. So I'm going to try and think of other things that make me happy and do that instead.

Ok starting today. 14lbs by May 17th...ready steady go!

Tx

The more you bash that voice down....the less it tries. Connections in the brain and all that.

I suppose kinda like when you pluck hairs...they get weaker each time you do it.

What a strange analogy.:D

I've had to not take my purse with me sometimes - no money, can't buy.

xx

Hiya hun, not been on here today so just seen your post, which I know you probably won't now see until tomorrow.

I have a big hug waiting for you when you come tomorrow & we'll have a good old chat about strategies for you, but doing the stone challenge is a great idea. It does get so hard as you get closer to the end, you're feeling & looking great, everyone is telling you how fab you look & so it's hard to keep the momentum & motivation you had at the beginning. But you'll do it, I know you will, you've done so well this far & we'll see you through to the end.

Take care, see you tomorrow - are you coming around 5:30 as usual?

Jan
xxxxx

:hug99: (one in advance)

1.The Challenge
Why don't we set outselves a mini challenge. Forget about the end goal. Lets see if we can lose a stone in the next month. Up for the challenge? Then before you know it, it will be time for you to move up the plans. It won't be for me, but at least I'll be a stone closer.
Come on. you can do it!
Tx

2.THe Acceptance
I just don't know whats the matter with me, I know that you have recently gone through something similar so your offer of a challenge is duly accepted.

So that's official & I (plus others here) will appoint myself over-seer/referee or what ever.
You can sack me if you want!but I'll still be lurking;)

The more you bash that voice down....the less it tries. Connections in the brain and all that.

I suppose kinda like when you pluck hairs...they get weaker each time you do it.

What a strange analogy.:D

I've had to not take my purse with me sometimes - no money, can't buy.

xx

Now this,coley got me thinking.not a strange analogy,a v good one. 2 comments
1.doesn't Karion use similar ideas about strengthening the right brain connections to dominate the wrong ones in her music teaching?
2.Someone posted a thread a few weeks ago with a pnemonic H.A.L.T. This is to be used when the fridge door comes open or something in your hand moves towards your mouth.
You say it over in your head To check the reason for the action.
H.=hungry.
A.=angry
L.=lonely ( in my head that includes bored)
T.=tired.

I've used this effectively several times now.
The answer has never been H
If it had I'd have 1st taken 1/2l water on board, then rechecked.If still hungry I would then inspect the food & decide if it really was the best choice for the occasion.

I've searched for the thread,but can't find it,which is really annoying.it was sometime in the last month or so.Someone wiseput it up ? Karion herself.

any way you 2 get your challenge heads on & I'm off to try & sort out the leak (£ type) in daughters phone:rolleyes:

Now this,coley got me thinking.not a strange analogy,a v good one. 2 comments
1.doesn't Karion use similar ideas about strengthening the right brain connections to dominate the wrong ones in her music teaching?
2.Someone posted a thread a few weeks ago with a pnemonic H.A.L.T. This is to be used when the fridge door comes open or something in your hand moves towards your mouth.
You say it over in your head To check the reason for the action.
H.=hungry.
A.=angry
L.=lonely ( in my head that includes bored)
T.=tired.

I've used this effectively several times now.
The answer has never been H
If it had I'd have 1st taken 1/2l water on board, then rechecked.If still hungry I would then inspect the food & decide if it really was the best choice for the occasion.

I've searched for the thread,but can't find it,which is really annoying.it was sometime in the last month or so.Someone wiseput it up ? Karion herself.

KD is my yoda......she teaches me :D

Shall go nosey for that thread, I remember it too. Will be back if I can find it.

Good luck girlies!

xx

Back