Mamma Caz - snuck back and in gear again.....`

Just go walk out the door - nicked that line from Kazbro!!!

Tee hee - i went and now I'm back. Changed my mind, couldn't be ar*ed to go into town so I just went into Wellington to go to the bank, saved money too as I wasn't tempted to shop, which is my usual Thursday morning activity :D Kev will be pleased :p

Well?
W/I result anticipated.
good one I hope.

hey md i went to wellington to yesterday we could have walked past each other and never new lol
one day we`ll have to have a coffee
black of course
xxxx

hey md i went to wellington to yesterday we could have walked past each other and never new lol
one day we`ll have to have a coffee
black of course
xxxx

Absolutely - funny to think we could have been stood next to each other at some point :p

I won't post Caz's result - leave that to her - my lips are sealed on the subject ;)

YEAH - YIPPEE - WO HOO!

I have finally cracked the 4st mark, bang on the dot, only lost half a pound on last week but what the heck, I have now lost 4st in total, so I am quite happy.

The only thing I can think of on the slower weight loss is that I am not getting out for my walks as I am trying to get the front garden finished and so my spare time is taken up on that.

But I will get back into the swing this weekend, it definitely shows that with exercise the weight loss in my case is helped.

Well I am going to draw my head in like a tortoise and get constipating on the last 28 lbs. It is getting to the point now that I want to be finished, so by the time I do the Race for Life I will be at target.

Hugs to one and all and thanks for all the support - take care.......

One thing I did forget to say that is a downside, whilst discussing height (as the GP has me at 163cm) it turns out that I have shrunk and although I have always been 5ft 5in it turns out that I am now 5ft 4in and this means that I am still obese and not overweight and that to get to below 25bmi I now have to lose another half stone so now I still have 35lbs to go and not 28lbs, how effing annoying is that. So I could go into major pissed off mode today, I am hoping that this will not happen as when I do I eat, so from now on it is going to be very difficult as my target date could well go past the Race for Life GRRRRRRRRRR........

Ho Hum such is life.........

YEAH - YIPPEE - WO HOO!

I have finally cracked the 4st mark, bang on the dot, only lost half a pound on last week but what the heck, I have now lost 4st in total, so I am quite happy.

4 stone.4 stone.
actually it's a lot more than that in total.
don't whisper it SHOUT IT !!!!

But I will get back into the swing this weekend, it definitely shows that with exercise the weight loss in my case is helped.

me too. surely garening is exercise...well it is here on the C L A Y :eek: :eek: :eek:

quote]

One thing I did forget to say that is a downside, whilst discussing height (as the GP has me at 163cm) it turns out that I have shrunk and although I have always been 5ft 5in it turns out that I am now 5ft 4in and this means that I am still obese and not overweight and that to get to below 25bmi I now have to lose another half stone so now I still have 35lbs to go and not 28lbs, how effing annoying is that. So I could go into major pissed off mode today, I am hoping that this will not happen as when I do I eat, so from now on it is going to be very difficult as my target date could well go past the Race for Life GRRRRRRRRRR........

Ho Hum such is life.........

This can't be.you're a woman in her prime.

what you need is thicker socks, then back to GP's & demand a recount!

Carolyn,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Sorry I haven't been around for the last while after setting our May challenge too!! I feel ashamed! My head just wasn't in the right place.

However....I'm not feeling in a better frame of mind and I'm on day 2. Been on the scales and I don't think there's too much damage done. Hopefully by next Tuesday's weigh in I'll be back to what I was at my lowest so I haven't made things much worse, just delayed getting to goal.

Glad to see you're still doing well. Congratulations on your 4stone! You must be feeling fab!

T x

Hiya guys, thanks for all your support.

Not a bad weekend Sunday through a glitch, went to a family bar-b and was good there, but when I came home I ate some choccy cake and some toast and jam, but am not going to beat myself up about it. Went out for a long walk yesterday and am going to continue with the walking.

Have not been walking as much lately coz I have been tidying the front garden and I think that is why my losses haven't been as good, coz even though I was naughty before I was still losing pretty well but I was walking, and now apart from Sunday I have been good and the losses were poor. So on with the walking boots.

Went to an auction on Saturday and bought 4 half wooden barrels for my back garden for £56 and 5 chestnut trees for £26 so was very pleased with that purchase.

The back garden is like a jungle and dog home so that is the next hurdle to clear.

Hope you are all well and going on good, take care ..........

OOh love a challenge.
do tell more about the back-garden-jungle.

Hiya Guys.,

Well done on the weight loss Jane, I can't believe how brilliant you are doing, I have to admire your commitment. The only commitment I have is the men in the clean white coats who are coming to take me away, ha ha hee hee, you know the words sing along!!!

Jungle is an area 40m x 20m, it is south facing and has the sun all day, it is fenced off and down to grass, but as I have said before the grass is paddock and so consists of tufts of grass with bare soil around them and even mowed looks crap.

Last year I went to an auction at a nursery they were selling up and I bought over 100 plants and trees for just over £100 we have planted most of them, some I gave to the local fete, but anyway we now have some trees and shrubs on the area but the main bug bear is the grass. So am going to get some better grass seed and try to make a lawn of sorts and move the ducking fogs to an area next to the chucks. Meggie likes to dig and is liable to dig up any new plants.

We have a stoned off area where Cy wanted to build a pond but I have decided to dig it over and put a Japenese Acer in the middle with some Alpines and gravel, well I think that is what I will do, I am going to have to have a good think first.

Well now that I have bored everyone rigid, I will get back to some work, will catch up with you all soon.

Take care.............

Boy am i slow today.
sat,read,re-read,re-read.then decided I'd hae to ask you for an explanation...ducking fogs was a new one to me.
felt a twit when entually the penny dropped

just wanted to give a word of caution re acer & alpines.Acers need neutral to acid soil,alpines & their gravel frequenlty alkaline.Growing acers as annuals is an expensive wayto garden..trust me we've been through enoughof them.
That's not to say when one likes you & decides to stick around they aren't worth every penny.

Reckonthey are a bit like sheep..sometimes they just die for fun.

good luck with the garden. Sounds a decent sized area.
?footnall pitch for the kids?

Hiya Jane,

Thanks for your advice, I need all the help I can get, not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, love pots and baskets and I always do a load for out the front, I love bedding plants and Hannah helped me this year and the pots she planted look really pretty, the front area is only a 12ft sized diamond on one side and approx 8ft x 12ft on the other and I have lilacs, honeysuckle, philadelphous, scented azaleas, lavenders, vinca and poppies planted and then my herbs and pots etc around them. But the back has always been a problem, but hubby has admitted that we would like to be able to come home in the summer and sit out. We have a blue brick patio area right outside the kitchen window and by the back door and the view is lovely but the mess from the dogs (Meggie is still a baby and she chews) and the non existent lawn tends to put you off going out there, but Arch and I have decided that this year with the help of the kids we are going to get it sorted.
It just happens to be a big garden, Cy has nicked some shoots off my twisted willow and potted them to be able to make a hedge effect between the old veggie patch and the lawned area, we have Norwegian Maple down there (was a big one last year, died during the winter but have a small shoot off it growing) it is also used as a cemetery for the various pets and other four legged loved ones, so I wanted to plant some wild flowers and butterfly plants down there.

The rest of the lawned area has, scatter planted, a twisted willow, 2 x cyprus, witch hazel, decorative larch (stands about 12ft now) and a varigated willow, so I suspect that I will have problems with my alpines??? But it needs some sort of focus if you know what I mean so any suggestions gratefully received.

Its my wi tonight with MD, am back walking and feel so much better, not just for the exercise but it clears all the demons and crap from the day and puts my thoughts back into the cubby holes it also evens my temper. Even yesterday though it was raining, I wrapped up warm and put my wellies and waterproof on and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have decided to do a long one tonight when I get home from WI.

Hope everyone else is well, take care and catch up with you all again shortly........

It just happens to be a big garden, Cy has nicked some shoots off my twisted willow and potted them to be able to make a hedge effect between the old veggie patch and the lawned area, we have Norwegian Maple down there (was a big one last year, died during the winter but have a small shoot off it growing) it is also used as a cemetery for the various pets and other four legged loved ones, so I wanted to plant some wild flowers and butterfly plants down there.

The rest of the lawned area has, scatter planted, a twisted willow, 2 x cyprus, witch hazel, decorative larch (stands about 12ft now) and a varigated willow, so I suspect that I will have problems with my alpines??? But it needs some sort of focus if you know what I mean so any suggestions gratefully received.

The Witch hazel got my attention.It really is a witch hazel,not a nut bearing hazel?

If so how big is it?
These are not easy to establish. nor are they fast growing.They,like acers need neutral to acid soil.

If it'sa decent size I'd be inclined t try & make it the focus cos there is little that is more stunning in late winter early spring than a witch hazel in flower.
Also as they share size,delicacy of habit & vcultural peferences with japanese maples you could plant a few of them to make a grouping & extend the season of interest.
Doesn't give you a wow plant for those balmy August nights but it's justa thought.

Be sure to tell us WI result...please
Its my wi tonight with MD, am back walking and feel so much better, not just for the exercise but it clears all the demons and crap from the day and puts my thoughts back into the cubby holes it also evens my temper. Even yesterday though it was raining, I wrapped up warm and put my wellies and waterproof on and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have decided to do a long one tonight when I get home from WI.

Hope everyone else is well, take care and catch up with you all again shortly........

Take my hat off to yuo with your walking.
I tried to garden today but each time I got my boots on the rain thickened up,I perservered til my hair was dripping & I came over all middle aged & retired to the study:sigh:

Good Morning,

Lost 3lbs last night, helped by my exercise increase I am sure. So am happy today, still got wet last night when I went for my walk but not bothered.

Jane, thanks for the advice for the witch hazel, she is only small and I had my doubts as to whether we could get her to establish, coz when we bought her and all the rest it was just when the weather started to go dry and hot around June last year but we kept watering her and she survived the winter and has come into leaf really well, she stands about 2ft high and about 2ft wide but she is really delicate.

I really appreciate your advice on this, and we could easily use her as part of a feature.

Take care, will be on board again soon.......

3lb = great.
& look at the ticker,you are absolutely perched on the boundary between obese & overweight.
Isn't that worth a celebration/

Back