Management Starts today!!!!

tulips

:) Hey guys and gals!

After losing 7st 8lbs, I am onto management! I am thrilled to bits! :D ( And incredibly nervous at the thought too! :( )

I am planning on some grilled turkey breast for my dinner...cheeky how they don't give us an amount, it's like a test I think! :mad:

I am going up to visit my parents this week and my mum and dad are so excited that we will be able to share a meal together properly by the end of the week! It's funny really how much I am looking forward to a cup of tea with skimmed milk!!!!!

Would love to hear experiences from others from their first weeks on management and how they got through the initial start!

Much love to all!

Clare x x x :)

Well done clare you are truly brilliant!! good luck with management i'm sure you will have no trouble with it at all

Gen xx

Thanks very much Mandy! :)

I remember your picture being one of the first I saw in February when I first started looking into LL so Thanks very much to you for being such an inspiration!

Hi Clare

I started Management last Friday. Man was i ready for it! Had a lovely piece of roasted chicken. It was just as good as I remembered!

Sunday I had my much anticipated cup of tea with milk, but to be honest it was a bit of a let down! I'm getting used to it again now - lovely! Had quorn pieces, poached with garlic and basil, on sunday with a green salad. I nearly fainted!

I've started a management diary thread over in the weightloss diary section on here and it's got my stats and photos.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on too. We're pretty much at the same stage so it will be interesting to compare notes!

Good luck and enjoy! :)

Hey Sarah!

That sounds great! To be able to chat to someone else at a similar stage to me would be a wonderful motivator for this stage in my journey! :)

I am not disillusioned to the fact that this will be easy, I KNOW that this is the tough stage & to have lots of support will be so helpful!

Sorry to hear that the cuppa was a bit of a let down! Hope my experience of my first cuppa will be much better! :confused:

Speak very soon.

Thanks DQ !

It's all good so far. Am feeling a little stressed cos my car is in the garage today and I am bored..stuck in the house and trying to busy myself with cleaning and stuff to keep me occupied til my car is ready! :D

...it was days like these when I would just gorge and gorge all day and sit on my backside in front of the TV. :(

So I am finding as many jobs as possible to keep me busy! I don't ever want to be the old way I was I guess! Does that make sense?

Just had a grilled turkey breast! :)

Was yummy but I couldn't finish it! Quite strange to eat with a knife and fork for the first time in 6 months! Nutty! Nutty! Nutty! :D

Might have cottage cheese tomorrow! Yum!

Just hoping I don't become too obsessed with food now! he he he! Can't win can I??? LOL!

hey clare

congratulations on your staggering weightloss - you look so stunning in your pics!! just like you've been a skinny all your life!!!

i've just finished LL management - i found it easy to start with cos i hated food with a passion - really seen it as the enemy - BUT i know love the god damn stuff again and have had a few scary binges.

Everyone says management is hard - to be honest i got halfway through and thought i'd cracked it - whata mistaka to maka!!! I am now half a stone heavier than my target and have gone back to 3 LL food packs with a 600 cal meal in the evening (i need some structure in my diet!).

I don't wanna come across as negative honey, cos i think the diet is AMAZING and i love it!! But i just wanna tell you that it's harder than you think.... and stay focussed!

I still have major issues with food, i will always have major issues with food but it's how we control them on a day to day basis that counts - i'm going to docs on monday to see if she can help me with the bingeing (didn't binge before the diet!) - i'll keep u posted!!

Good luck sweetie

x

Hi Claire,

Good luck with management:)

I find too many carbs trigger me off!

I have found writing down each day what I eat is doing wonders for my way of being around food.

Love Mini xxx

Karen1972 said:
hey clare

congratulations on your staggering weightloss - you look so stunning in your pics!! just like you've been a skinny all your life!!!

I've just finished LL management - i found it easy to start with cos i hated food with a passion - really seen it as the enemy - BUT i know love the god damn stuff again and have had a few scary binges.

Everyone says management is hard - to be honest i got halfway through and thought I'd cracked it - what mistaka to maka!!! I am now half a stone heavier than my target and have gone back to 3 LL food packs with a 600 cal meal in the evening (i need some structure in my diet!).

I don't wanna come across as negative honey, cos i think the diet is AMAZING and i love it!! But i just wanna tell you that it's harder than you think.... and stay focused!

I still have major issues with food, i will always have major issues with food but it's how we control them on a day to day basis that counts - i'm going to docs on monday to see if she can help me with the binging (didn't binge before the diet!) - I'll keep u posted!!

Good luck sweetie

x

Hi Karen,

I know that I have used food as comfort especially since my mother died...as my mother showed her love with food. She performed the miracle of the loaves and fishes so many times when visitors arrived unexpectedly.

Cleaning my plate = she loved me...it was her way and coming from a back ground were she herself had seen hungry days I can see where she was coming from.

Her definition of being a good mother was food on the table and a big fire on to welcome one and all.

Even when I was not feeling very well the other week and feeling sorry for myself I had to make stewed apples and custard and somehow it actually tasted as good as hers!

Sent some out to the Father in law and he thoroughly enjoyed it with a slice of ice cream on top for good measure.

I did go over board a few times since coming off SSing, but I blamed myself for not refeeding properly. Had a couple of blow outs, but nothing too major, but then perhaps that is relative to how each of us sees it?

I was watching the documentary about the 28 stone teenager and I felt very sad for now I know 'Fat happens', mind you he now looked so well and I wonder how he is today as it looked like that programme could of been a few years old, going by the hair cuts?

Let us know how you get on next week.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Clare
Well done to you. Hope your days of management are wonderful and that you enjoy every morsel. Haven't seen your photos yet, where are they and how can I get to them?

Hey Claire - very well done on your amazing loss and getting to management, hun! You must feel very proud!
Now it's just a question of questioning everything you put in your mouth (!)
love

Oh Clare, you've done a fantastic job!

Stick with the management part until the end. I did the Cambridge stabilisation and I'm so pleased that I saw it through to the finish. I fought many demons on the way and I think I learnt more about myself and control during this period.

Well done and stay focused.

Hey guys!

Thanks for your kind messages! You are all so wonderful & supportive!

Management is going OK! I am now on day 6. I have been away to visit my family this week which has been amazing!

We shopped in Manchester, Liverpool & Chester over 3 days and I spent all the money I had been saving since I started LL back in February! I have the most amazing outfits in varying colours and I feel a million bucks, I truly do! Especially knowing that I am in size 12 jeans from Oasis!!!! One top I bought was a size 8 - 10!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

My dad seems to be most shocked that the shape of my face has changed and I honestly don't think he likes it...I kept on catching him just staring at me! He DID say how proud me was, but that I was just all skin & bones & that it was obviously the right time for me to start eating again...but he begged me not to lose any more and told me that he was genuinely worried for me..awwww bless him!

The only thing that is really worrying me with management right now is the portion sizes...I don't know if I am eating too much or even if I am eating enough???!!!??

I would love some advice if anyone has had any experience!

Ta muchly!

Hi Tulips,

When you are back eating for a while the glycogen will fill up again and you will look more like yourself, so no worries there.

Portion size:)

What are you eating?

And why do you think your doing it wrong?

Love Mini xxx

Hey Mini!

Well, today I have eaten:

1 choc shake
Salad made with: lettuce, celery, spinach, 100g of smoked salmon with some Fat free dressing. I guess it was about as big as a starter salad if you were in a restaurant??!!

The book says to make it as if you were giving a portion to a friend...to be honest, I always used to give massive portions and let people leave what they didn't want on the plate so portion sizes are baffling me!!!!

Thanks for being so lovely & replying!

Back