Management Starts today!!!!

We used to have somebody living with us, a student, when he left, Mom was still making enough for 4, instead of 3.

Portion size? Hmm, that is always a difficult question, how much is enough, how much is too much, and how much is too little?

Well, I think its going to have to be trial and error, and trying to find out when your body says it’s too much.

The best thing to do, which will control how fast you eat, and will make it easier for your body to digest the food is to slow down how you eat.

So, good practice is, for each time you put something in your mouth, is to put the knife and fork down, chew it all up, and then swallow, not eating more while still chewing.

This might seem like a very lengthy process of eating, however this allows your body to more accurately tell you when you’re full! Some studies, I’m not sure which, show that chewing introduces more enzymes and makes the food easier to digest by the stomach. Others have even suggested, that this can lengthen your life span, as you’re less likely to over eat, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to digest it, and then ingest it in your small intestine!

So the question of portion size? Eat thoroughly and see if your body can tell you when enough is enough!

Pierce

I read somewhere that you should limit meat/fish/chicken etc to a portion that can fit in the palm of your hand and that cheese should be no bigger than a small matchbox.

Isn't it Buddhists who believe that you should never eat more than you can cup in both of your hands together, as that is the approx size of your stomach??

Carbs are a bit trickier, as some people are more carb sensitive than others, but I'd guess that it must be just slightly bigger than the meat/fish size.

Westiegirl might be able to make more sense than me (what am I saying, of course she will lol) so I'll try and nab her for you, hun.
love

Pierce said:
We used to have somebody living with us, a student, when he left, Mom was still making enough for 4, instead of 3.

Portion size? Hmm, that is always a difficult question, how much is enough, how much is too much, and how much is too little?

Well, I think its going to have to be trial and error, and trying to find out when your body says it’s too much.

The best thing to do, which will control how fast you eat, and will make it easier for your body to digest the food is to slow down how you eat.

So, good practice is, for each time you put something in your mouth, is to put the knife and fork down, chew it all up, and then swallow, not eating more while still chewing.

This might seem like a very lengthy process of eating, however this allows your body to more accurately tell you when you’re full! Some studies, I’m not sure which, show that chewing introduces more enzymes and makes the food easier to digest by the stomach. Others have even suggested, that this can lengthen your life span, as you’re less likely to over eat, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to digest it, and then ingest it in your small intestine!

So the question of portion size? Eat thoroughly and see if your body can tell you when enough is enough!

Pierce

Cheers Buddy! :)

Hope you are well! How's the weather your end?

I will try that trick tomorrow when I next eat and take my time & see how that feels!

Isobel1965 said:
I read somewhere that you should limit meat/fish/chicken etc to a portion that can fit in the palm of your hand and that cheese should be no bigger than a small matchbox.

Isn't it Buddhists who believe that you should never eat more than you can cup in both of your hands together, as that is the approx size of your stomach??

Carbs are a bit trickier, as some people are more carb sensitive than others, but I'd guess that it must be just slightly bigger than the meat/fish size.

Westiegirl might be able to make more sense than me (what am I saying, of course she will lol) so I'll try and nab her for you, hun.
love

Thanks Issy!

It makes sense!

Also, I guess that after 180 or so days without food is quite strange for me to get this right. Also I don't want to get too fat for my size 12 sexy Oasis jeans and micro mini!!! :D

Very windy!

I must say, I dont mind it, so long as its warm, and some what bright!

Im sure the week will be a lot better, though it is Ireland, never know, 4 weather seasons in one hour!!

Pierce

When I was a teacher, if it was a windy day, we'd look at each other in the classroom and say - throw your lessonplans away, guys! Cos the kids were always bonkers! Something about their personal bodyspace layer of air being removed by t'wind.
But you'd know all about that too, hey Tulips!!
And I'm sure you'll stay fitting into your skinny jeans - the minute they get a bit tight, you'll curb your eating - that's how I'm doing it anyway! lol
love

Yeah, just chilling out, catching up on the forums & emails as I have been away on my mad shopping trip! ( spent soooo much money!) LOL!

Catch u soon!

Isobel1965 said:
When I was a teacher, if it was a windy day, we'd look at each other in the classroom and say - throw your lessonplans away, guys! Cos the kids were always bonkers! Something about their personal bodyspace layer of air being removed by t'wind.
But you'd know all about that too, hey Tulips!!
And I'm sure you'll stay fitting into your skinny jeans - the minute they get a bit tight, you'll curb your eating - that's how I'm doing it anyway! lol
love

Thats how I am going to play it...as soon as anything feels tight, keep a strict eye on what's going in my mouth! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about kids and winday days...they seem to go mental! I hate being on playground duty on windy days cos I can guarantee there will be at least one fight and lots of scuffed knees! They go loopy! LOL! Bit like me and too much vodka! ( I end up with scuffed knees..no fighting though!!!!) :eek:

Thanks honey!

OH WOW! Isobel & Mini!

You are both so wonderful! :eek: I feel so honoured that you take the time to do these things! Thanks so very very very much indeed! :D

Now Claire,

Your one of the stars and you do need all the support you can get for this crucial part of your jouney...

We want you to get trough this without too much hazzle.

music-smiley-023.gif

Love Mini xxx

Information on refeeding over in the vlcd forum.

Hey Guys!

Thanks again for all your support!:D

Sarah emailed me earlier which was great and I have just replied with a long list of questions!

It's much appreciated & I am truly touched that you have all gone to such great lengths for a complete stranger! Just goes to show that in this world...there are some cracking people!!!! And I am privileged enough to have met some of them!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Uh oh, I am getting soppy now! LOL!:rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Clare x x x :)

Hello lovely Clare

I'm so thrilled you're in management now and I hope you enjoy every moment of it :)

You really are a 'star loser' and you look absolutely gorgeous in your avatar photo! What a stunna!!! You do us Essex birds proud, honey! :D

Claire - as I recall YOU have been there for me when I've been in a pickle so what goes around, comes around, babes!!!

And Sharon is right - you are a STUNNA!

love

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What can I say girls???? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Sharon.....well done on finishing your essay! Bet you are well chuffed! I was in Theydon Bois this lunchtime @ The Bull do you know it? It's my friend's Mums pub and had a yummy lunch of grilled salmon & salad! I felt very spoiled as I went into the kitchen to give the chef strict instructions! LOL!:rolleyes:

Isobel...YOU are just amazing! What else can I say?

Lots of love,

Clare x x x :)

Clare

Just catching up on some threads on this excellent site.

Really pleased for you that you are in maintenance. :cool: You have done so well, you are an inspiration to the good people starting out on this crazy, but so rewarding journey.

Good luck matey, I'm sure you won't need it.

Brad0053 said:
Clare

Just catching up on some threads on this excellent site.

Really pleased for you that you are in maintenance. :cool: You have done so well, you are an inspiration to the good people starting out on this crazy, but so rewarding journey.

Good luck matey, I'm sure you won't need it.

Cheers Buddy! ( Love the fluffy dice! You do make me chuckle!!!) :rolleyes:

Just worrying I am eating too much!

Hope you are well!

Back