ProPoints *Marianne*'s food diary

Food looks good :0) nice walk and meal out tomorrow sounds lovely :0) that's good that you are getting on with the washing,mine is also outside drying! Having a good day so far,doing a short bike ride soon :0)

You'll be in the next Team GB Olympic cycling team with all the cycling you're doing! I used to cycle a lot, I grew up in Holland. But the bike I have now is pretty rubbish and needs a lot of fixing. We do have a bike shop in the village so think I'll try and save some money and get it looked at. We have good cycle paths in the area, althoough we tend to walk along them!

Marianne x

Yeah at least with 1pp even if you're tight on points you don't have to feel too guilty about having one to tide you over! :)

*Marianne* said:
You'll be in the next Team GB Olympic cycling team with all the cycling you're doing! I used to cycle a lot, I grew up in Holland. But the bike I have now is pretty rubbish and needs a lot of fixing. We do have a bike shop in the village so think I'll try and save some money and get it looked at. We have good cycle paths in the area, althoough we tend to walk along them!

Marianne x

I used to bike alot,especially before I learnt to drive 5 years ago but got out of the habit since living here(was a year in jan just gone) but am glad to be doing it again,did a couple of bike rides for charity in the past as well.Yea be good if you could start up again! Wow at being born in Holland,I have distant relatives over there ;0) that's good about the cycle paths as well!

That's good you're getting back into it, it's such good exercise and enjoyable at the same time (and practical if you're using it to get to places). That's one thing that's rubbish about where I stay, I couldn't cycle to the nearest villages cos the roads are just too dodgy, but the paths are good and go down to the beach.

I wasn't actually born there but moved there when I was 4 for 6 years as my dad got a job out there. But I went to Dutch school and was a wee Dutch girl (albeit short, dark haired and freckly!). We go over sometimes and it's great to do all that cycling. You must have cycling in the blood then if you have Dutch relatives!

Marianne x

*Marianne* said:
That's good you're getting back into it, it's such good exercise and enjoyable at the same time (and practical if you're using it to get to places). That's one thing that's rubbish about where I stay, I couldn't cycle to the nearest villages cos the roads are just too dodgy, but the paths are good and go down to the beach.

I wasn't actually born there but moved there when I was 4 for 6 years as my dad got a job out there. But I went to Dutch school and was a wee Dutch girl (albeit short, dark haired and freckly!). We go over sometimes and it's great to do all that cycling. You must have cycling in the blood then if you have Dutch relatives!

Marianne x

Hehe at wee Dutch girl,bless ya ;0) yea I could cycle to the doctors or my hairdressers though once my hair is all nice and straight I probably won't want to wear my cycle helmet lol ..true about my relatives,never thought of that before!

Helmet hair is never good Daisy, especially if you've just had it done!

Well, I've been out walking all day. Went down to Galloway Forest Park and climbed the Merrick which is 2870ft. Was a great walk and was worth 23 aps. Decided to use some of those weeklies and got ourselves an Indian on the way home (didn't get a pub lunch). Was yum. Absolutely stuffed now! Still have some left for tomorrow's dinner too! Oh, and we shared a packet of Minstrels at the top. It's funny, I'm not a huge chocolate fan but they were AMAZING!

Hope everyone's well, will catch up on diaries tomorrow. Am away to put my jammies on and have a cuppa before bed!

Marianne x

Hi

Hope you're all good! I've been resting my legs today, am walking like a cowboy! In a week and a half I set off to do the West Highland Way and that's 95 miles over 7 days so figured I best get practising, haha!

Today's food

Breakfast

Allbran 3pp
Milk 1pp

Lunch

Warburton thin 3pp
tsp olive oil 1pp
herbs 0pp
Babybel light 1pp

Dinner

Leftover indian 19pp (less than half garlic chilli lamb, quarter garlic naan, 2tbsp boiled rice)

Snacks

Melon 0pp
Clementine 0pp
Velvet Crunch 2pp
Dairylea Dunker 3pp

33pp

I have 21 weeklies remaining, unheard of for me. Think it's cos I've not really drank very much booze this week, haha!

Marianne x

Hope you enjoyed that delicious Indian! V jealous! :)

Looks good! overestimating is always better indeed! x Lunch sounds delicious - garlic bread type thing? x

I made a spice mix for my chicken over the weekend and have loads left so mixed some of that with a bit of olive oil, spread it on and toasted it. Was great! In case you're interested the mix was equal quantities of:

Dried oregano
Dried sage
Smoked paprika
Salt
Pepper
Onion granules
Garlic granules
Cayenne pepper

It's yummy mixed with some oil and used as a marinade for BBQ meat.

Marianne x

Haha, I'm STILL walking funny today. But it's the kind of stiffness that goes away with more exercise so gonna do a DVD later. Also think I'll start the Couch to 5K soon, got the app on my phone (was surprised I could get it cos my phone's like a brick!).

Today's plan

Breakfast

30g porridge with water 3pp
Cereal topper seeds 1pp
Skimmed milk for tea/coffee 1pp

Lunch

Warburton thin 3pp
Babybel light 1pp
2 Quorn rashers 2pp

Dinner (this may change)

200g new potatoes 4pp
3 Quorn sausages 5pp
Gravy 1pp
Veg 0pp

Snacks

Melon 0pp
Clementine 0pp
Velvet Crunch 2pp
Dairylea Dunker 3pp

26pp

Hope everyone's enjoying their days!

Marianne x

That's good about the DVD later then and handy that you could get the running app on your phone :0) I like the sound of the cereal topper seeds,I used to have seeds years ago and plan on having them and nuts when I maintain!

That's good about the DVD later then and handy that you could get the running app on your phone :0) I like the sound of the cereal topper seeds,I used to have seeds years ago and plan on having them and nuts when I maintain!

They were really nice actually, OH bought them in the supermarket. It's meant to be 16g a portion but I had half of that and it gave the porridge some extra texture. Must admit though, I struggle eating porridge in the summer, don't know why. It's not even like it's warm and sunny. But love it in the winter. But had it this morning cos OH made it for me :)

Marianne x

Back