Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon?

First of all, mea culpa, I did have a Knorr veg stock cube last night - feel bad now and hoping I haven't ruined everything but I was hungry and needed something with more savoury flavour than tea and had had all four soups.
So I thought I best go buy some of this bouillon stuff for similar occasions - not for all the time - but now I'm getting confused. Some references say paste, some say low-salt, but I know that the only one I've ever seen is powder with no particular claims to be low-salt. Are they all one and the same? Or should I just fork out for the LL version?
Thanks
S. x

I used the normal Marigold one all the time and it made no diffs.

I am sure the veg stock cube will not be too much of a disaster. Drink loads of water today and you should be fine.

I have to say I find it easier to have the 'official' savoury drink as it's already measured out for you so there's no confusion about how much etc. xXx

Hey SIIM,

I have the low salt one, purple with orange lid. Didn't know we could have the normal one.

I sometimes add it to the soups too, especially the tomato one.

Louale x

In fact I have a question too. I had ready about boullion before i started to got some in beforehand. My LLC didn't mention the savury broth in group so i am now worried that you are not meant to have it until you are in ketosis. I have had one yesterday and one today. I just don't want to ruin my weigth los.s Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

hi
i had them from day 2 and lost 8lb first week
daisy x

I asked my LLC last night about using it instead of the savoury drinks ans she said that we shouldn't be having it. She said if you have it regular it can take you out of ketosis. I was a bit worried before I got on the scale but I was fine. I was thinking of just using it when it is an extreme emergency and i don't have any food packs left to eat or if I'm at work and had my lunch pack. Do you think it will still be ok to carry on with it?

Hi Becks

My LLC said the same but I'm pretty sure they just want you to buy the LL version to line their pockets .... so I have carried on and defo still in ketosis. i don't have one every day just when I need it.

x

Me too. I only have one when I really need an extra savoury drink and am sick of tea and I have run out of packs for the day.

My LLC said the same to me, but i am pretty sure the ingredients are the same, not had one yet as i am only on day 5 but got some in before i started LL just incase x

I have some and use it mostly at weekends - never did any harm when I was on CD.

I used to buy the LL one and probably will again once I've been paid (suffering post Xmas skintness at the moment). I know it's more expensive (and the LLCs don't recommend it because they make more money if you're buying "extras" every week) but for me it was about controlling portions - a huge tsp is still a tsp, no :confused:

Use the reduced salt one though because that is closest to the "official" drink :)

I've never used it. When I spoke to my LLC she said that the way she looked at it, there were very simple rules for following the LL programme, and she thought that it could be the start of something if we were to have that, because even though it was only in a small way, it would still be breaking the rules. I kind of agree and that's why I didn't ever use it, as I'm usually very all or nothing, even though I'd picked it up in the supermarket and looked at it (this was in Sainsburys by the way and they had three types, including low salt version). I want to stick to this 100% and think if I did have it, I'd feel like I was cheating a little, which might be the start of a slippery slope. Now, this might be total tosh and I might actually not be affected in anyway, shape or form, but I'm taking no chances!! I'm not finding it hard to stick to LL without it anyway. In fact I bought the savoury drink this week for the first time, and wasn't really fussed on it. The first time I tasted it was the first week when a friend gave me one on my second day and I really enjoyed it, but think my tastes have changed. I'm finding it difficult to fit in the savoury drink too, and prefer a black coffee!

I've never used it. When I spoke to my LLC she said that the way she looked at it, there were very simple rules for following the LL programme, and she thought that it could be the start of something if we were to have that, because even though it was only in a small way, it would still be breaking the rules. I kind of agree and that's why I didn't ever use it, as I'm usually very all or nothing, even though I'd picked it up in the supermarket and looked at it (this was in Sainsburys by the way and they had three types, including low salt version). I want to stick to this 100% and think if I did have it, I'd feel like I was cheating a little, which might be the start of a slippery slope. Now, this might be total tosh and I might actually not be affected in anyway, shape or form, but I'm taking no chances!! I'm not finding it hard to stick to LL without it anyway. In fact I bought the savoury drink this week for the first time, and wasn't really fussed on it. The first time I tasted it was the first week when a friend gave me one on my second day and I really enjoyed it, but think my tastes have changed. I'm finding it difficult to fit in the savoury drink too, and prefer a black coffee!
I hadn't thought of it like that, and I do see your point. I think I panicked a bit because of one bad evening. Thank you for putting it into perspective for me.

Back