Marilyn Monroe vital statistics

HopeSprings

Gold Member
I've been reading that it was a myth that Marilyn Monroe was a Size 16 - how disappointing. Apparently her measurements fluctuated around 38-23-36 and 37-23-37. I reckon that would make her a Size 12. Clearly she had a great hourglass figure and I can only dream about a 23 waist - that's more like my thigh!!!! I'd love to hear what your statistics are guys............

perhaps sizes have changed since then too, even now i can walk into 3 different shops and be 3 different sizes! I have never been able to go into i shop and know that i am just 1 size because each shop varies so much

hi..

was - 36 - 34 - 41
now - 31 - 27 - 36
difference - 5 -7 -5 :)

I got 12 pounds to go and im exercising 4 times a week to tone up - so im not sure how that will affect my stats? Woulde def want to loose 2 inches from my waist and hips and 1 inch or more from my chest.

like pinkie says sizes vary wildly over the years, Livi jeans haven't revised their measurements since the war! Wasn't everyone on rashons then?? a size 14 then is much smaller than now

Also, Mazza was one of the first famous women of her time to weight train hard and heavy.

FFPOFP97.jpg

..You can really sculpt your shape almost customize it using weights

was - 46- 37- 47
now - 35- 26- 35
difference - 11 -11 -12

wow

like pinkie says sizes vary wildly over the years, Livi jeans haven't revised their measurements since the war! Wasn't everyone on rashons then?? a size 14 then is much smaller than now

Also, Mazza was one of the first famous women of her time to weight train hard and heavy.

FFPOFP97.jpg

wow she looks awesome!

Don't forget ladies, these were american sizes too which makes her a uk 10 - sounds a bit more like it !!!!:eek:

23 wow! I am 27 now but seriously the amount of fat still around my belly - is still chunky - i def want to be 25 - and i even think that is completley mental in writing - but when i look at my stomach i can see more than 2 inches of fat. i dont even know how i coped being a 34 inch waist now.....

i bet she is less than a size zero now though :D

lovely bod but her life was a train wreck - such a shame

my vitals are:

bust: full
waist: whats that??
hips: Hatty jakes (think matron from carry on movies!)

target:

bust: madonna
waist: kylie
Hips: heidi klum

;)

Whatever size she was, she was/is an icon! She was born in 1926 so would 82 now if she'd lived - hard to believe huh!
My stats when starting 47 - 41 - 46
Now 44 - 36 - 43
Lost 3 - 5 - 46

A long way to go yet, but you all inspire me!

They used to be , 36, 24, 36, but now its a secret lol , no , to be honest I need to check what it is again , get some help with that lol , don't you find that you think where should the tape be lol

Mmmmmmmmmm was a size 20 (im crap wih inches and never mesured myself) and now a 12

Was a 36g now a 32ff xxxxxx

FFPOFP97.jpg

OH!:sigh:
My Marilyn Monroe dress arrived this morning, got the shoes and wig last week, I have a fancy dress party next week which I was so excited about....Until I read this thread, like I said before......OH!:sigh:
T x

Don't forget ladies, these were american sizes too which makes her a uk 10 - sounds a bit more like it !!!!:eek:

If she was a size 12 usa then she was a 16 in the uk. So that would be about right to what the media says x

Lol Helena!!!

Bust overflowing (38G)
Waist rotund (was size 22/24 now 16/18)
Hips size 14!

But then I'm a typical apple shape!

Daughter was devastated when we bought her prom dress in the US coz she had to have a bigger size (can't remember what it was now) and I had to reassure her that she wasn't fat, their sizes are just smaller than ours! She's tall and curvy and gorgeous.

x

I am utterly confused by this whole sizing thing.
Today, I went out, happy in the firm knowledge that I was an 18/20 on bottom, and an 18 on top. M&S n Monsoon sizes!
But...then I start shopping, and all the 18s n 20s are too big, and only 16s are right, top and bottom.
But, I'm short (5'1"), and I have this horrendus tummy, and I am a 38D bra! The lady measured me and declared I was a 40DD, so I whipped off my top and showed her my 3 month old 40D that was falling off me it was so lose, so we then found out by trial and error that I was a 38D. So...how can I be a size 16 (admitedly Monsoon size 16)??? Especially since peeps on here, have much smaller BMIs and are also a size 16!
Anyway, I will be posting photos in the next few days of me in my new outfits.

Love ya peeps,

Guen

Guenevere I would say monsoon and m&s are the real size 16, all the other shops skimp on material. You must just think your bigger than you are. Embrace it its awesome :D x

Back