Mash on a red day

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone knows how to work out syns for mashed potato on a red day. I'm new to red/green but can't quite find what I'm looking for! I was going to use mash as my 2nd hex b and boil down pots to make it top my shepherds pie. Book states 227g bakin pot with skin and raw is a hex b? How do I work out how much I can have of cooked mash? Should I peel the pots and then when I get 227 raw know that that's my portion?

For the potato to count as a HEB you would need to leave the skin I'm afraid. You may not be happy doing that. If you are think about how many portions you will get from your dish and just do that many x HEb weight of potato before you cook and mash it. You would of course still need to syn anything you add to your mash like butter or milk. The alternative is to go Extra Easy and then the potato would be syn free.

Thanks for this-didn't know about the skin!! Very useful! At the mo I've only had 1hexa+ b so think I'll go EE (better the devil you know) xxxx

Unfortunately went out and shopped earlier and thought potato could be a hex b either way-now that I know the skin thing I'll bear that it mind for the future!! Thanks both!!

Before I shopped I thought about carrot and swede mash topping but decided on pots in the end! Damn that pesky skin rule!!

It's made, in the oven, I've synned the reduced fat cheddar on top as I'm now having an EE day and had already used my hex a!! Xxx

if you havent had your b you can use the cheese as a b choice cause on green and ee cheese ****s as an a and a b

Back