Mature Bride's quest - to be ideal weight for the first time since 22 years old

Off to work again today, I'm at Poultry today. Wonder what the DLR will be like. Bank station is always hell, so I haven't noticed any difference there. Slept fine, the bite on my breast is tender, time to test which bra is going to be most comfortable. The bite on my arm is going to bruise. However, as I said to the very shocked and apologetic dog owner," I've brought up 3 kids - I can cope with anything."

Oh, my head is all over the place. I asked Jane to sign the register for me (who else) she was delighted. Lovely, lovely lady. She has longed for R to marry her for years, and he's 'once bitten-twice shy'. Al first asked me 10 months after we met, I made him wait another year. I wouldn't have blamed her if she'd been a little envious, but special person that she is, she was just happy for me.

Feeling stupid! Forgot my lunch box. There is a Tesco nearby and an M & S a bit further on. Will have to read labels carefully.

aaah yes, a magnifying glass in one's bag is always useful at these moments.

Ref your oatbran question - the oatbran is the outer husk of the oat so it's indigestible and passes through anyway...

I find I'm far more adventurous with herbs and spices and often forget to use salt altogether, and now find food at restaurants very salty!

How are you enjoying the Olympics?

aaah yes, a magnifying glass in one's bag is always useful at these moments.

Ref your oatbran question - the oatbran is the outer husk of the oat so it's indigestible and passes through anyway...

I find I'm far more adventurous with herbs and spices and often forget to use salt altogether, and now find food at restaurants very salty!

How are you enjoying the Olympics?

Not a great sports fan, but very patriotic, so delighted with the wins. Living near both Woolwich Barracks (shooting) and Greenwich Park (equestrian) we have had road closures and buses re-routed, so disruption to travel has been a nuisance, but not as bad as we were told to expect.

I've always used a lot of herbs and spices. Found some wonderful mixes at Ideal Homes this year. They are ready mixed, no preservatives, no wheatflour. Combos called things like "Lemon Zing" "Chilli Mint" "Persian" "Cor Blimey" 16 in all. Home - Herbs and Spices from Okehampton. Grow my own herbs and am a cinnamon junkie. Yes I think gradually reducing the salt is the best way forward.

When I was taught to cook, the rule was "a pinch of salt in everything except custard"

Lift broke down yesterday (live on 5th floor) so enforced stairs (a bit much for an ageing asthmatic). Gorgeous sunshine over the common this morning, Gold medals and they've opened one of our roads so travel should be better. I'm at Ladbroke Grove this morning - long trip across London, but a new book in the Kindle, so it soon passes. Feeling pretty sparky, even though the bite on my breast is very uncomfortable. Found a site with a particularly smart dress and jacket, named as "Mother of the Bride", but I think perfect for a mature bride. Now to ensure that I can wear it or similar in a small size. I haven't got smaller than a 16 for so long I have no idea what size 10 stone would make me. Anyone else a 5'3" with small ankles and wrists, but broad shoulders able to give me a clue.
Think I've become nosey or a bit of a voyeur, watching other ladies as I travel around, trying to guess their height,weight,size. Hope nobody thinks I'm weird.

Working from client's home today. His neighbour came round to ask a favour, and then popped up with offering me more work. I'm trying to semi-retire. So odd during the difficult years when I'd have grabbed every chance to earn a bit extra, the offers weren't there, now when life is a little easier, I am turning work down. But I promised myself a three day week and must stick to it, though it would help pay for the wedding.
I have fallen in love with no-fat yoghurt mixed with a spot of sweetener and a GOOD shot of cinnamon.

You could always try a bit of Lo Salt instead or a sprinkle of Sea Salt :)

I pass through Bank everyday, will definitely be on the look out for you now you have put up such a lovely picture ;)

Just been making a batch of gallette's ready for my breakfasts for the next few days. Put ground cumin in one, paprika in the next, mixed herbs in third, a mix of hot spices in the other two. Trouble is I have to wait to test, I'm used to tasting my experiments immediately.

Have put low salt on my shopping list, I usually use sea-salt, a friend bought me some "Himalayan Pink Sea Salt" - I pointed out that the Himalayas are not near the sea, but it seems it is left over from some pre-historic age. Nice, delicate difference but ridiculously expensive for salt.

[QUOTE

I pass through Bank everyday, will definitely be on the look out for you now you have put up such a lovely picture ;)[/QUOTE]

Hehe - more people watching

Freedom Pass said:
Lift broke down yesterday (live on 5th floor) so enforced stairs (a bit much for an ageing asthmatic). Gorgeous sunshine over the common this morning, Gold medals and they've opened one of our roads so travel should be better. I'm at Ladbroke Grove this morning - long trip across London, but a new book in the Kindle, so it soon passes. Feeling pretty sparky, even though the bite on my breast is very uncomfortable. Found a site with a particularly smart dress and jacket, named as "Mother of the Bride", but I think perfect for a mature bride. Now to ensure that I can wear it or similar in a small size. I haven't got smaller than a 16 for so long I have no idea what size 10 stone would make me. Anyone else a 5'3" with small ankles and wrists, but broad shoulders able to give me a clue.
Think I've become nosey or a bit of a voyeur, watching other ladies as I travel around, trying to guess their height,weight,size. Hope nobody thinks I'm weird.

No small wrists and ankles but I'm 5'3 started 14 stones and they're wee now! I'm in a 10-12, 8 some places. Was a 16 (sometimes 14) initially. And I'm 3lb from target so 10 st 3. X

Lookin' good. Thanks for the hints. Trying to imagine the future me.

i love a mixed herb gallette spread with quark & filled with smoked salmon.... its one of my packed lunch staples when we are at shows with the horse on PP days

I was at greenwich park last week for the eventing.... what a beautiful setting we walked from blackheath station through the houses and felt for the ppl who lived there with thousansands trapsing past there doors but the seemed in good spirits :) one lady even had a stall outside her door selling cold drinks orange juice etc.... bet she made a small fortune

Have had my gallette every day for breakfast so far, have to consider keeping it for lunch on work days. Need to go search out chicken or turkey sausages, feeling the need of that dense texture. Always loved sausages.

Work from home day today, take a couple of hours out to go check out the shops (usually buy online) we have so many supermarkets and delis within a reasonable distance. Also must remember the fishmonger - wonderful one in Blackheath, as I usually go Saturdays and we're over at Camden with my daughter tomorrow.

HAIR . . . . . .> I appreciate that I am lucky to have a head of thick hair which grows quickly. But does the rest of my body have to follow suit??? I was told that body hair growth slows down after the menopause!!!! WRONG!!! I have been on the 'other' side for 6-7 years. Still, underarm, legs etc a continual battle, facial hair needs constant attention. Then I read that low-carb eating can reduce hair growth. WRONG. My epilator is overworked.

Have had my gallette every day for breakfast so far, have to consider keeping it for lunch on work days. Need to go search out chicken or turkey sausages, feeling the need of that dense texture. Always loved sausages.

Work from home day today, take a couple of hours out to go check out the shops (usually buy online) we have so many supermarkets and delis within a reasonable distance. Also must remember the fishmonger - wonderful one in Blackheath, as I usually go Saturdays and we're over at Camden with my daughter tomorrow.

Tesco seem to be the only supermarket that stocks chicken sausages (Butcher's Choice).

Asda sell the turkey ones (Tesco do too if they don't have the chicken).

Went to Asda, but no luck. After Morrisons, Asda and Lidl. I retreated. I hate supermarkets, could never understand the theory behind what they put next to each other in the aisles. Got the car valeted, had two trips on the Woolwich Ferry, popped in to see Em (my hairdresser and special friend) to show her my ring. Would have loved to drive some more (top-down, music on) but work beckoned here, so came home. Will stick to online ordering and the local butcher, fishmonger and greengrocer.

Al copes with supermarkets better than me, maybe I'll ask him to go on a search.

Went to Asda, but no luck. After Morrisons, Asda and Lidl. I retreated. I hate supermarkets, could never understand the theory behind what they put next to each other in the aisles. Got the car valeted, had two trips on the Woolwich Ferry, popped in to see Em (my hairdresser and special friend) to show her my ring. Would have loved to drive some more (top-down, music on) but work beckoned here, so came home. Will stick to online ordering and the local butcher, fishmonger and greengrocer.

Al copes with supermarkets better than me, maybe I'll ask him to go on a search.

What a shame!

I know Tesco definitely sell them online if that helps :)

FP, I've just slinkyed my tash lol i'm 49 and getting a fluffy face now omg.....I cant cope. Getting ready these days takes longer and longer, like you said hair removal....make up to fill in the cracks....tints in hair to cover gray......contact lens......I'm fighting but cant stop time lol:cry:

Back