Mature Bride's quest - to be ideal weight for the first time since 22 years old

FP, I've just slinkyed my tash lol i'm 49 and getting a fluffy face now omg.....I cant cope. Getting ready these days takes longer and longer, like you said hair removal....make up to fill in the cracks....tints in hair to cover gray......contact lens......I'm fighting but cant stop time lol:cry:

At least we can laugh, that fills in a lot of cracks

Well a very satisfying Saturday with daughter at Camden. Glorious weather, took my car so we could have the top down. Al & D did her bookshelves, and replaced the rotten piece of decking, while I did her pot and cleaning her decking. The new quiche I did for them went down well for their lunch. Came back and went for a walk on Oxleas Meadow (complete with missile launchers) and into the woods. The hazel nuts are in evidence, the blackberries ripening, a perfect summer evening, squirrels, dog walkers and such peace and beauty. One of those outdoor gyms has been installed as part of the 2012 legacy, tried the different pieces out, but nothing too strenuous.

Grrrrrr . . I promised myself I would not weigh everyday and that my measure of success would be to reduce my stomach. Because I have been SO ANGELIC in sticking to the plan I decided to have a sneak preview on the scales. Gone UP to 14.1 from Mondays 14.

I know it's fluid retention (my old friend), I know my stomach has reduced by 3/4 of an inch. I know it will eventually go away. I have reduced my salt, drunk loads of water, but the dreaded swollen legs and bloating is there.

I've had this problem off and on for years after a nasty DVT, it was once suspected that dairy products were the culprit, but then decided not. However, possibly no yoghurt or fromage frais for a couple of days will see if it works.

Yesterdays food:

B: Galette with quark and smoked salmon
L: Fritatta with eggs, fromage frais and smoked salmon
S: Egg custard - made with eggs, splenda and fromage frais
D: Souffle of eggs, fromage frais, trout fillet, egg custard as above
S: Total yoghurt with cinnamon and splenda

3 Cups of black coffee, one small glass diet coke, loads of water - I drink it all the time.

I am not constipated, I know it's water retention, but I'm still feeling VERY peeved.

Water retention is a nuisance x

Poured water down me yesterday and never went far from the bathroom. The bloat is less this morning and weight down to 13.13 so it's downwards though not what I'd expect on the second week.

The little defeatist voice started inside my head ("it's not working, it's not worth it, you're missing out") but can gladly say I ignored it and carried on drinking water.

remember its a marathon not a race ;) if the weight comes of slowly it has a better chance of staying off. im having water rentention problems myself and im also a DVT sufferer... my bad leg (as i call it) is about twice the size of my other at the minute and aching like hell... a couple of days and i know that it will be back to an almost normal size :eek:

I feel for you, such a nuisance and dreadful if it's painful. My mother suffered with DVT's and phlebitis, my sister has had 2 and I've had 3, so it's obviously family related. I thought I had the retention cracked when I gave up bread (long before Dukan) went for months with no swelling days, but it came back. I've also tried giving up dairy in the past. Hope you get rid of the bloat and ache soon.

ive had phlebitus (sp?) twice and ended up in hopsital once as they thought i had a clot.... nasty nasty with massive nasty needles full of rat poison stuck into me lol runs in the family sadly :(

ouch, sounds painfull:eek:

Whoever is in charge of the AirCon here at No 1 Poultry is in league with Dr D, . . . . I'm FROZEN, thick cardi on but icicle hands, going outside to get warm.

Fp what is number 1 poultry???

Sorry, maybe my brain froze too.
No 1 Poultry is an office block, very famous for it's design (!!!) in the heart of the City of London near the Bank Of England. I rent a desk there which I use 2 days a week, means I don't have to store clients stuff at home. It might be famous and lauded for it's outside design, but the interior leaves much to be desired. May be moving my rented desk to Embankment shortly.

Feeling very serene, and very pleased. Strange how much store we can set by a simple complimentary word.

I was called WISE. How lovely.

Oops. I've been given two free tickets to the FOODIES FESTIVAL in Battersea Park. Mmmmmmm how do I resist all those wonderful tasters?

I did one "resisting" back in 2005 when I was doing Lighterlife before my lovely Col died. He loved it, tried everything and then tried to describe the tastes to me. Not a morsel crossed my lips then. Will I be strong enough again?

Yes, you will be . Resist ..... Had a look at no1 poultry .....mmmm modern.????

Hehehe wish i was more interesting lol bricks.....

Back