Mature Bride's quest - to be ideal weight for the first time since 22 years old

Okay no mention of which desk I'm at today - BUT the air con just clicked in. Mixed mood today , never been a chocolate person, but that vending machine is calling me.

Now I know I walk slower than most - apart from being an aging asthmatic great-grandmother and my little feet were never designed to carry this extra 4 stone, I always was a slow walker, but why when I stay to the edge, to leave room for all the fast-walkers does somebody always want to push past and *tut* at my lack of speed?

I nicked a small square of cheddar cheese from Al's plate last night, he said "that's the first time I've seen you eat anything not on your list since you began this" he's right I have been angelic :angel09:
, so why when I get on the scales have I only lost two pounds in the last 11 days , fluid retention is almost gone, leg nearly normal.

Don't listen to Mr vending machine!!! :)

As for 2lbs in 11 days, I wouldn't say that's particularly slow. Most people seem to average 1-2lbs a week after attack.

As for 2lbs in 11 days, I wouldn't say that's particularly slow. Most people seem to average 1-2lbs a week after attack.

You're probably right, along with other water retainers, when it releases I can have dramatic drops on the scales, so was expecting to squeal with joy, it didn't happen.

I did ignore the vending machine.

Unexpected day off today as the client in my diary is away. Can get my nails done today instead of tomorrow, wonder if I can pluck (!) up courage to get eyebrows threaded. Wanted to for so long.

Had a go at making Chinese Crispy Seaweed, interesting, but not right.

Must go and buy some new trainers or walking shoes, up the walking, maybe buy 2, leave a pair in the car, so if I see a nice park on the way back from somewhere I can change and have a walk. Do so love the wonderful parks in and around London. Mind with what I spent on those ear-rings the other day - I should not be spending, I have a wedding to pay for and a VERY SPECIAL outfit to buy.

Also need to go to Deptford High Street - the most wonderful shops and market for all ethnic foods. Greengrocers, Butchers, Fishmongers and Chinese groceries and a wonderful atmosphere.

Watering plants I discovered a spiders web on the "Money Plant" (Crassula Ovata) - do you think it was a money spider?

hopefully :D

Off to check out a possible wedding venue. Feeling very strange - have NO IDEA how to go about this wedding lark.

1969 married quietly in registry office (divorced)
1980 married by special licence only my children and parents there. (divorced)
1997 married by special licence with only 2 witnesses. (widowed)

This time, we are going to have a 'do', but not too formal, no bridesmaids, no gifts. Trying to think of a friend with photography talents - would like some nice pics but no great albums shoved in a drawer and never looked at.

:love047:

Checked out 2 possible venues yesterday. The first,which was our favourite idea is a lovely venue in a lovely setting ended with a BIG BUT, if the girl who was supposed to be impressing me was a measure of customer service then our guests need better than that. They also will not "undress" the chairs. Sorry but I hate all that fussy chair covers and bows thing, they would agree to my request for the least fussy tables and very simple flowers, but insist on "dressing" the chairs, because their chairs are shabby. With the prices charged, they could buy new. There is a boat which is permanently moored on the Thames, but the other side of the river that I may look at, because it is permanently moored it has a licence for weddings. One that is moveable cannot be licensed. I really would prefer an all-in-one venue. The other option is to go to Essex where Al's family all live, and find an hotel which does a package.

I got married at Rowhill Grange in Kent, the service was in the rose garden bit they have a room you can have the service in and the meal/reception in the converted stable. I highly recommend them!

X

I shall look it up, thanks.

Well, I've resisted adding salt for a week now - still think food lacks something without it. Thank goodness for spices and herbs. Had an hour long walk yesterday, no serious problems.

We're off to the "Foodie Festival" in Battersea Park today. This is going to be HARD. But shall concentrate on herbs and spices and good flavourings. Be plenty of walking anyway.

Sounds like a great day FP, enjoy xxx

Had the most wonderful day out. No, I was not angelic, I was choosy. Disappointed that the only good range of herb/spice mixes had salt as the main ingredient. An Argentinian stand was selling thick slices of beef in a panini, discard the bread, we still ended up with a several thick slices of rare, tender beef. Mmmmmm. Wanted to show Al "Bibendum", we had a coffee in the Oyster Bar. Then on to Covent Garden, very good violin quartet was playing in the courtyard. Succumbed to the temptation of a crisp white wine:mad:, perfect on a hot day. My Fitbit tracker records that I walked 5.92 miles and took 14,656 steps. well above my usual, so feeling virtuous about exercise.

Weigh in day: Down another 2lbs (13.11) slow in my opinion, but downwards. Measured my stomach - down an inch and a half. so 10 lbs = one and a half inches - interesting.

Oh dear, spent so long in front of the laptop yesterday, eyes sore, back ache, wrists stiff. Should know better. Also NO exercise. Not good, have to fit some in somewhere today. Did dash up to see T at flat 2 floors above and RAN up the stairs - no lift, and able to take the stairs at a run - unusual and something to smile about.

The turkey meatballs I made for dinner were sooooo good. Glad I made extras - cold for lunch today. Busy day so off to pack stuff into car.

J

Working at a client's house, several hours in I feel HUNGRY, he always expects everyone (housekeeper, admin asst) to eat here, I never do, but bring my own. Having eaten my lunch at 12.30, 2.30 comes and I'm hungry. Now EVERYONE has a can of tuna in don't they. Half of a Waitrose store in this place, every luxury, cheeses, biscuits, chocolate, pates, Terrines, the best - but not a can of TUNA in sight, got a meeting in Essex at 7.30. Have to find a stopping place on the way, red routes and clearways for several miles, there must be a Sainsbury's or Tesco between here and Bulphan.

FP....hope you found your tuna....

FP....hope you found your tuna....

Nope, never did. BUT, have found and booked our wedding venue. Head is spinning, we have booked a far earlier date (15th Dec) than we originally talked about. 114 days away [17 weeks]- HELP

There is a holiday and a 3 day gathering of friends to cope with in that time.

how exciting :D we have put our wedding pans on hold for this year :(

how exciting :D we have put our wedding pans on hold for this year :(

A little shell-shocked:wow:

Hope you don't have to wait too long

Back