May ~ Antenatal Challenge anyone?

Sounds like we all dropped off the wagon a bit this weekend! Spent the weekend away with friends so more cake consumed and so I'm just hoping to STS this week if I can :)

hi

can i ask those that are following sw whilst pg .. how many syns are you having and do you have any "extra" healthy extras ?
im in 2nd trim (21+4 days) and fairly big at 14 st so have been allowing myself 15 syns - although keep going over just lately due to the amt birthdays and celebrations been attending - hopefully back on waggon this week. dont tend to have any extra hexb but havent been too strict on my hexa (although not going over the top - just have in tea, on cereal and little bit cheese) as i guess the more milk the better whilst pregnant..

wow your ladies are doing so well!! so far i have managed to stay under what i fell pregnant at....with the help of being rather sick lol! Ive stayed the same this week which i am very happy with! good luck for next week xx

Hi lebody, we weigh about the same and are due days apart and I have been doing SW just like normal. When I have been on the wagon that is! Some days I seem to go to around 18 syns but most days I eat around 8 to 12 syns. I have been trying to incorporate those syns into meals rather than just using them for snacking.

booooooo +2¼lb for me this week :break_diet:

only 3 weeks to reach my May 31st goal of 11st 9lb which is now 6lb away rather than 4lb :eek:

Last edited:
Must have been a cold month or nothing on TV back 21 weeks ago! :8855:

I don't think i'm going to hit my target but I have changed it a bit, just to stay between a certain weight.:rolleyes:

thanks mummytummy .. have managed to reduce my shifts at work, so plan to actually join sw on thurs as not doing so well by myself, lol
the weigh in is in the afternoon though, and i know from previous experience the scales will show much higher than mine at home .. so going to ask her not tell me my weight, just any + and - and will post those on here plus total off or on:cry: by 31st may.
seing as we're all around same gestation, can i ask - do you feel baby move much? i keep panicking that cant feel him, my mw says he's still very small but i cant help being paranoid 24/7 after losing dd at 20 weeks cpl years ago. the odd kick and movement gives me reassurance but im a nervous wreck for the rest of the time .. although i can feel him moving as i type, lol
have you or amy thought of any names yet ? id picked all girls names, really struggling for boys names :(

i have only just started feeling regular movements and was really worrying about it. i know i definately felt my 1st daughter moving much earlier on and as your supposed to feel movements much earlier with your next babies?

my scan report says my placenta is anterior, which i googled and says its common not to feel so much movement in that position, so maybe thats it, but the sonographer didnt say anything.

i have decided on the name Tabitha...although may change within the next 18 weeks!!! i always struggled for boys names too

I really wouldn't worry to much about the amount you are feeling, just keep check that's it works out around 10 wiggles a day.:)

I find my baby moves in swinish's really, I'm not experiencing massive kicks or anything. I love feeling that wiggle just lets me know she is fine!:D Can't wait for my daughter and hubby to feel it through my tummy tho! Although it might scare the crap out of my three yr old! haha:8855:

We would have called a boy Atticus, but I also like the names Noah, Banner and Harrison.

The name Tabitha is lovely!

Last edited:
Hehehe well I have done terribly this week!!!!
+2.2lbs lol Although I expected it to be ALOT more than that... WE had friends round on saturday and got chinese take away... which is bad enough but then I ate the leftovers for breakfast and supper on sunday lol. Then on monday I was shattered so we had frozen pizzas and chips for tea instead of spag bol... I'd already got the mince out the freezer and everything lol
And then yesterday I'd planned on being really healthy because it was day before weigh in to try and limit any damage but went round to my brothers and he didn't have any food in for dinner so we ended up at the chippy!!!!
Oh well... roll on next week! It's not a good start when there's nothing healthy I fancy for breakfast though.
Well done everyone on there weight loss :0) Kellymarie, I can't believe how well you've done since conception!!!

hi

all your girls names are so pretty ..
my daughter is called fleur so wanted a little something unusual for a boy .. however think we will end up calling him something traditional like harry, my husb likes morgan james, but im not so sure on morgan for a first name .. have had mixed reations, the worst being : thats a bit of chavvy name, bianca from eastenders little boy is called morgan, lol .. kind of put me off a little . we might have a compromise and call him harry morgan james as fleur has 3 names also x

Aww thank you, im quite impressed with myself although i had a Mcdonalds last night :-( but we are pregnant so i think we can have a treat!! It must have been a cold few weeks lol...baby boom!!

actually as i was really into ttc, i know roughly when i ovulated and did the deed....it was xmas/boxing day!!

we must of all had festive fun:rolleyes: :4616::8855:

A week of festivities have taken their toll and I am up on last week, however, I am going to focus on the end of the month as my main goal and not worry until then! It just means that I have to lose a little this week and next - that should be doable surely???

Going to stick to around 1700 calories per day and try to get some gentle exercise too.

Feeling really big and heavy now, full of baby with elbows and knees poking out and little feet under my ribs. Still 2 1/2 months of growth left - where is it going to go???

Hi, I am very new to this and today is the first time I have joined in. Up until just reading this thread I did not think I could diet during pregnancy. In fact it is the reason I am here to ask that question. I am presently 11+4 and already gained 8lb. I am starting out quite over weight and am very worried I will gain the same huge amount of weight I did with my daughter going from 1 stone 7 to almost 15 stone. I have the little book for slimming world, but when I spoke to my midwife about it she said a very big NO NO. Any advice would be helpful. I love how supportive you all are to eachother.

Hi BillyBob, welcome and congratulations on your bump!

Re. dieting and pregnancy, I think we all have different opinions. SW is supposed to be supported by the Royal College of Midwives, but you need a letter from you MW before you can join so if yours is not supportive then you would not be able to attend groups. You could follow it from home though. I tried, but did not get on with it so now trying to focus on healthy eating (between family celebrations, lol). I am personally not aiming to lose weight whilst pg as I would not want to risk anything babywise, but I am going to try to keep my weight gain sensible. If I can gain 2 to 2 1/2 stone rather than 3 1/2 - 4 then I think that is a good thing, baby should still be happy and I won't have too much to lose after.

Anyway, going to have to get some sleep now, but we are all here, so do come back! :)

Hi Emma75,

Thank you so much for your help. I just got myself a little bit lost on the site and could not find the thread I had asked the question on. My brain has gone somewhere?? He He. I like you am not really worried about loosing weight, but I would really like to not gain too much if any in the next trimester at least. I know It is vey difficult to not gain in the last trimester. I have already put on enough for the first 6 months I think. I have been sitting around doing as little as possible to get me to this point, so what I have been eating is going nowhere. I think I may give it a go from home. I don't always have the same midwife, so I will try again with another one. Thanks again for you help and congratulations on your little bundle of joy to be. If I do not find my way back, it will be ebcause I am completely lost and until I find my missing brain I may not be able to navigate anything greater than a straight line. lol.

Hi Billybob, welcome and congrats :)

Personally at the moment I'm just trying to eat ideally healthily, but anything that doesn't make my stomach churn! I've started a little exercise when I don't feel sick but I'm hoping that once I can do more, and go swimming, it'll help me strength my arms, legs and back, tone them up and any weight lost in the process is just me moving my overweight self!

From what I've read I should be targeting a 15-25lb (or so?) weight gain as I'm overweight, so if I can aim for the lower end of that then I'll be happy.

I'd put on 5lb in the first two weeks of knowing I was pregnant, and my weight is still fluctuating, but for me it's just bloat, although I'm sure each of my BBs weighs a pound extra now!

I would say if your midwife doesn't give you the 'permission' you need to do SW, just go for a healthy eating diet and don't restrict your calories too much, and get what exercise you can in, even if it's walking every day :)

Back