May ~ Antenatal Challenge anyone?

Lost a 1lb this week, really pleased :D So lost 3lbs of my 5lb target for May, 1 week to go for the last 2lbs, don't think I will do it but will try, if I STS next week will be pleased as having a BBQ tonight.
Good luck to the rest of you ;)

Hi girls! I am sorry I haven't posted for a while - it's been busy here! I am glad to see I am not the only one not being too successful dietwise - my huge admiration goes to those who have been successful! I have been plagued by weddings, birthdays, experimental cake baking and, most recently, the purchase of an ice cream maker! The idea behind the latter is to make healthy options for my ice cream treats, so hopefully that will be of help rather than hindrance once I get my recipes worked out!

I am not quite sure where I am weight wise, but I am definitely up rather than down or even STS which I was aiming for.... :break_diet:

I have been logging my food intake with Food Focus and kept a diary. My average calorie intake the last 7 days was 1855, which I thought would be ok to STS, especially in the third trimester??? I do guess the weight of a lot of things, but when I have guessed and then tried I have overestimated rather than underestimated the weight, so it should not be that bad??? Anyway, I will try to eat stuff that I am more certain of the weight/calorific value of for a week and see how that goes.

Lebody: thinking of little Febe blossoming in heaven. xxx

Wish I could say I have been brilliant, but I have been absolutely bl00dy cr@p!:(
Weighted this morning and in 9 days I have gone back to 14st 6 flipping pounds! :eek:
I feel so bloated so I know I have been eating far to much.....not rubbish just too much food!
In the next two weeks I would like to lose this 6lbs and get to 14st......This 6lbs I seem to lose and gain so easily for i'm also wondering if it might be some fluid retention? :confused:
So aiming to drink more water this week also.:D

Well done everyone for doing so well and losing some lbs:D and for those like me who are not because sometimes it can be hard admitting your not being a good girl!!! Especially writing it on here!x

I have had a totally rubbish wekend, 2 BBQ'S too many sausages:mad:
Would be amazed to lose anything this week but am going to try hard for a STS.

I've not been too bad over the weekend. My prediction came true for the wedding breakfast - liver pate to start with, medium/rare beef for the main course! Luckily I got one slightly more cooked, only to discover hollandaise sauce over half the veg!!

Someone was having a laugh at my expense ;) It didn't help that I was still getting served wine and champagne so DH could have it!

Think I've put about a pound on over the weekend so we're both back to being good this week and hopefully I can lose that plus the other lb before I see the midwife next Tuesday.

Feel much much better in myself (had no queasiness for a couple of weeks now), and hoping to get the exercise going properly this week :)

I've not been too bad over the weekend. My prediction came true for the wedding breakfast - liver pate to start with, medium/rare beef for the main course! Luckily I got one slightly more cooked, only to discover hollandaise sauce over half the veg!!

Someone was having a laugh at my expense ;) It didn't help that I was still getting served wine and champagne so DH could have it!

Think I've put about a pound on over the weekend so we're both back to being good this week and hopefully I can lose that plus the other lb before I see the midwife next Tuesday.

Feel much much better in myself (had no queasiness for a couple of weeks now), and hoping to get the exercise going properly this week :)

Pate is supposed to be avoided in early pregnancy......!!!

Yes I know, that's why I left it ;) We haven't told most the family I'm pregnant yet so couldn't tell them about my obvious pregnancy dietary requirements! :D

It was just so predictable that they'd have pate for a starter and rare/medium beef or lamb for main! We avoided both of those at our wedding last year for the main reasons pate isn't to everyone's taste and beef/lamb can be cooked so many ways (usually I'd go for rare-medium!).

The hollandaise was just the icing on the cake (which got scraped along with the brocolli under it onto DH's plate!).

The sticky toffee pudding dessert was nice though ;)

hi

still struggling, so much for me getting back on the wagon, lol !!
too many barbecues for me also, plus couple unexpected meals out .. i expect to have put on few pounds, but although havent been brilliant, have restrained myself from throwing in the towel and pigging out for the sake of it, have turned down cakes and desserts, chosen chicken over burgers, and where i can tried to eat healthily and cut down a little so hoping slight damage limitation has gone on there - will weigh in thurs and post, although going to lake district next week for 5 days, so more temptation. have decided to knock sw on the head for those days as will just be total nightmare, and will calorie count to maintain 1700-2000 a day , wish me luck!

Last edited:
Good luck! Enjoy the lake district. I bet it'll be beautiful up there plus it'll give you time to relax I hope :)

well ive decided that im not gonna bother dieting over the weekends and just be good mon-fri which is alot easier for me to do. Well this week i have put on 1lb which im quite happy with...my first gain so far woop woop!! lets just hope i dont now put on a pound each week!

hi

those following sw :

just out of interest which days do you feel you lose most on , red, green or extra easy?

so far, have been doing mostly green - wondering if thats why struggling a little, bit nervous to start ee though,lol

I lost more doing red days.....felt very bloated after green days which puts me off and I have no idea how ee works so i don't do them! x

woohoo im back everyone!

just got my broadband installed today in my new house so im back in the game!!!!

i have gained and not going to hit my target but hey ho!! im going to give it a really good go in June and try and loose some that i have gained.

im hoping being back on here will help spur me on, think its one of the reason i have slipped is i havent been focussed or had you guys to chat to in the same boat

hi

thanks everyone for the encouragement during my wobbly moments, really appreciate it and it has worked as have just got back from sw with a small loss - 0.5lb, not much but at least i havent put on! cant quite believe it with all the barbecues, parties and meals out have had .. its really encouraged me to try and stay on track when im in cumbria next week .. so never give up, blimey if i can still lose after the cpl weeks ive had, anyone can!
welcome back amy .. you've had a lot on your plate with moving and all, june is another month with another goal to be set - just look at it that you're taking the scenic route to your weight loss/maintenance!

Last edited:
Yeah half a pound loss at 24 weeks is brill!! im not expecting to loose anymore now im past 25. just to stay the same for some and put on 1lb other weeks but to stay under 15stone. but trying to be more relaxed about it now as i was becoming obsessed with it! x x

:)thanks sarah, youve been really supportive and yes i intend to enjoy myself in the lake district, lol
:)kellymarie, you've done really well overall. we've pretty much got the same goal then - im a week behind you and also trying to stay under 15 st .. my god, that figure just sounds so alien to me, pregnant or not! do you know how much we are supposed to put on from now onwards, read somewhere it was as much as a pound a week .. is that right? just want to try and cancel it out and either maintain or lose 05.lb a week, have 16 weeks to due date .. would be great to lose that 8lb, taking me down to 14st by due date .. although probably being a little optimistic there!

Well done on losses everyone!

I weighed in a weekend early because I'm going away for a couple of days and won't be here on Monday. I haven't made this months challenge but I'm not really disappointed or anything....I'll just carry on doing the best I can really.

So this morning I weighed in at 14st 5lbs have lost a pound since Monday. Much like everyone I would like to stay under 15st total.....I have gained 11lbs now to date and I'm 24 wks tomorrow.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Wow everyone is doing so well!! i think a few of us are trying to stay under 15stone! yeah our goals are pretty much the same and only a week apart! i think it is about a pound a week roughly :-(...hope not! with my first pregnancy i started at 12stone 5 and at the end i was nearly 17 stone!!!! eeek not this time! thanks for the 'well dones girls'!! Hope everyone has a good bank holiday weekend, were going to the air show and i no there will be lots of naughty food around but last year there was a fruit counter aswell so ill be trying to stick to that x x

Well weighed in this morning and despite 2 BBQ's last weekend to my amazement I have lost 2lbs :D:D:D
So I have reached my May goal of 5lbs, can't quite believe it but so estatic. Good luck to everyone else yet to weigh in;)

Back