Maybe WW?

Tig

Likes to eat
Hi all,

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place!

Basically, I did slimming world for a couple of months Nov-Jan. I lost 10lbs. Great. Then I regained them. :( Then I calories counted and re-lost. Then regained. Then I did a smoothie diet... I don't think I need to carry this on!!

So, I've never tried WW. My mum did it successfully when I was a kid, and now I'm thinking of trying it too. I'm a runner and what I didn't like about SW is I never earnt anything for my exercise!

I'm looking to lose 10-14lbs.
Any helpful words or advise? Does it work?

Tar xx

Well for a start youd earn activity points for your exercise with WW.

Many people have had sucess with WW, the best thing to do is try it. I know it might not sound like great advice but it really is the best way.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks Loser85. I want more info, but there is limited stuff on how it actually works!! x

sign up online/in class, stick to the points plan and you will success. Key is, once you are maintaining your weight loss, don't go back to your old eating habits...:) good luck!!

I've found WW much easier to stick to than SW. It just seems to suit the way I eat!

I used to struggle on SW with what to have lunchtime at work as I would use my HEB (think that's what its called!) for breakfast and then couldn't have a sandwich lunchtime unless I used my syns. Now I still have my weetabix in the morning and then a healthy sandwich at lunchtime and a ready meal at night loaded up with salad or veg. I then fill up with fruit or WW bars or crisps during the rest of the day.

I find it works for me :)

Thanks Loser85. I want more info, but there is limited stuff on how it actually works!! x

Every food has pro-points. These are decided based on nutritional values in food (protein, carbs, fat, fibre). Generally 40kcals=1pp.
This info means that you can eat weightwatchers foods and meals and they already have the points available on the packaging. OR if you have the pro points calculator you can work out the points using the nutritional info. (i was always under the impression you could only eat WW food....)

Fruit and veg is 0pp so they recommend you snack on these.

The amount of points you have per day is dependent on a number of factors - your current weight, height, age, gender, activity level, pregnancy... You will have these points (no less than 26pp) each day but cannot carry them over to other days. Use them or lose them! You always get 49pp weeklies which you can use IF you want, when you want and how you want. Some people lose more weight when they use all 49pp some don't. It's trial and error. In my experience I can use them and lose weight, but lose more when I don't use many of them.

As mentioned, you get EXTRA points for activites. You can exhange these for food points or just leave them (i don't use mine).

I would recommend if you're doing WW plan at home then you go to an initial meeting in order to get the books and ask any questions/get any extra info. Then if you don't want to continue you don't have to. Or people sell the packs on ebay. Or join online. If you join online you get access to esource in order to track (like SW, its a food diary basically) your points and find out how many points items are. As well as get recipes etc.

I came from SW (lost 11lbs then gained 7lbs then only lost a few pounds afterwards). Gave WWs a go about 2 months ago and have nearly lost my first stone. As you can see from my signature, I haven't much to lose really but I have lost every single week and am enjoying it thoroughly.

Hope this helps x

Thanks Bug, that was really useful. I actually started online on Thurs, I've lost 4lbs already!! I've started a weight loss diary in the section to log it all!
Good advice on popping into a class, I think I'll try and do that this week.

Well done on your losses, I don't have much to lose either, and that can make it so much harder! Especially when SW are saying you can eat all the pasta you want...
:) x

Thanks Bug, that was really useful. I actually started online on Thurs, I've lost 4lbs already!! I've started a weight loss diary in the section to log it all!
Good advice on popping into a class, I think I'll try and do that this week.

Well done on your losses, I don't have much to lose either, and that can make it so much harder! Especially when SW are saying you can eat all the pasta you want...
:) x

Well done on your loss already :D hope you're enjoying it!
I know, and the pasta used to make me feel bloated and heavy. Whereas WWs is still healthy - but always lots of treats!! xx

Hi darling welcome to ww I read that you joined online. It's good that you do exercise and running is one of the best type of exercises so you'll soon get rid of the few lbs you have to lose.

As for slimming world, I never tried it, but if you can really have on it as much pasta as you want, I wouldn't be able to lose anything on it - it's bad enough having as much fruit as you want, as I love fruit, but I adore pasta (after all, I'm Italian born and bred) so I would eat too much. I'm sure you'll find pp useful, pasta is quite restricted because propoints penalise a bit carbohydrates (although they don't DEMONISE them, you can still have carbs!) so you will lose better than with SW.

However, something that I feel is very important for you to understand is that you *WILL* gain all the weight back on ven with WW *IF* you return having the same diet that you had before starting it, after you reach goal. Now that you started WW you should understand that you will *NOT* be able to return to the same way of eating you had before. Weight Watchers makes it easier to keep doing its maintenance plan forever, as it's so flexible and varied that you can fit it perfectly around your lifestyle. But if you carry on doing what you've always done you will always get what you've always got as the famous saying says. So start sticking in your mind the idea that you will need to keep on doing the maintenance plan for the rest of your life. If you get used to the idea now, you won't feel cheated when you finish.

Good luck! xx

Hi Kangome :)

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice.
Yes it is true - on green days, unlimited pasta, potatoes, rice... protein content is limited, and on red days it is the other way round!

I love Italy! The bf and I went to Rome and Sorrento last year, so beautiful. I certainly could have got used to the big bowls of pasta as a starter and limoncello at the end of the meals :)

Congrats on your weight loss, fantastic!!

x

Back