Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

WDPR is weigh day poo retention Lexie came up with.., lol on the morning of WI you just can't go to the loo :) funny!

In the last mth I've come back from a mths holiday, had key hole surgery on my shoulder and when I WI on the Friday after being home a few days from hospital I weighed 94.8kgs I had put almost all the weight I'd lost back on! :(

Still no xen, but determined to loose again, decided I would go low/ mod carbs - avoiding bread, pasta, rice as much as possible, having mainly sweet potatoes, and a few potatoes sometimes.

Eating loads veg - mainly frozen as its easier to grab out of the freezer and zap in microwave - 2/3 cups a day - no peas or corn tho as they are classed as higher in carbs than other veg.

Snacked on, berries, apples, almonds (10-15) nakd bars (coca loco 100 kcals) / food doctor bars no low fat carb snacks - with the occasional ginger bread man sometimes ;) and dark choc, prunes and prune juice etc..

I've lost 7.8kgs in last 4 weeks and I'm not hungry, I've given myself 1800 cals a day but some days I don't eat that much and that's ok too.

I can't drive at the mo so am walking almost every where, this week I've walked 42km ( using walk meter app)

I'm trying to stay positive and sort myself out!!

Sorry to hear you had surgery, hows it going now?

You sound so motivated again, and your foods sound yummy. Thats one thing without the xenical, you can have other healthy snacks without the worry of being tangoed!! Your weight loss is great and with all that walking you will soon have that weight you gained off again!! well done hun!!

Ooh Tara I just noticed how close to your bmi just being overweight you are, I bet another half stone & you will be there no problem, how fab will that be!

Went out yesterday to a birthday party.. Which I would normally drive to. Instead had an adventure with my 2 kids on London's tube network .. We got there eventually., they had a good time. I did not touch any of the kids party food and stuck to diet coke, at 5pm when I was getting peckish I had my muesli bar.. Which kept me till we had dinner at about 9/10pm .. I managed to avoid the cheese and crackers, and was even more fortunate that for dinner they had cooked loads of sweet potatoes :) they also cooked roast chicken and roast lamb, so I choose to just have some chicken. They had made some Devine humous with loads garlic and Lemon with just a little olive oil. All with salad.. I also avoided the coleslaw. I did have some phyllo pastry spinach pie which was so nice. Desert was fresh biscuits and a slice of cake, with out being rude I asked for a much smaller slice of cake - and ate one bite out of 2 biscuits - was sharing with my OH lol - damage today is 400gs on but in a way I think it is also the time we ate, will see what tomorrow brings.

OH was working all day, once he came home he and my sons started playing playststion. I Went and had a nap at 4:30 as wasn't feel to good.. OH woke me up at 7pm - feed kids as he had not - there was pasta cooked for them in the kitchen and food for him in the fridge .. Men!!

I didn't feel hungry and now it's 10:30 and time for bed.. Bet I'm hungry in the morning lol

was not too hungry this morning, but am hungry tonight :) but that could be the yummy smell of the Hairy Dieters Spanish chicken - no added chorizo sausage - as had none :)

Also bought some spelt seeded rolls, which are nice but ate 2 of them today.. Also made some coconut cupcakes with 1/2 plain flour and 1/2 spelt flour are yummy :) ate 3 lol feel a bit blurh now tho

Walked 6.42km school pick up in the wind :)

Mis-behave said:
was not too hungry this morning, but am hungry tonight :) but that could be the yummy smell of the Hairy Dieters Spanish chicken - no added chorizo sausage - as had none :)

Also bought some spelt seeded rolls, which are nice but ate 2 of them today.. Also made some coconut cupcakes with 1/2 plain flour and 1/2 spelt flour are yummy :) ate 3 lol feel a bit blurh now tho

Walked 6.42km school pick up in the wind :)

Yummy coconut cup cakes sound very nice, but not good that they made you feel blur x

I think it was more the spelt roll that made me feel blurh, not really sure of all ingredients in it..

Cup cakes are yummy and only 118 cals each - but should have stuck to 1 or 2 not 3 lol

Mis-behave said:
I think it was more the spelt roll that made me feel blurh, not really sure of all ingredients in it..

Cup cakes are yummy and only 118 cals each - but should have stuck to 1 or 2 not 3 lol

Aaaah I see, I am useless in the kitchen, but probs not a bad thing, if I started baking I would just eat it all haha

Was not really happy with lunch, was nice in all, but didn't feel satisfied - would have preferred my chickpea curry with poached eggs.. Going to make that tomorrow for lunch! That's the plan anyway :)

In town thus morning I starred at all the baked goodies in M&S and then decided it wasn't worth Buying any I would just regret it later!!

Just had a bowl of berries and yogurt with some toasted almonds on top - trying to tell my head that its much better than an apple turnover :)

Today I bought large fresh peaches, lean diced lamb and freshly made pork sausages from my local butcher.. Our butcher has the best fruit, large, fresh and yummy!!
Going to make the lamb tagine from the HD book for dinner.. Altho just finished making my chickpea and spinach curry for lunch.. Will be chickpea overload lol!! But very yummy!!

Back