Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Just popped it in the oven, had a little taste of the sauce mmmmm so good :)

I also ran out of chickpeas (gasp, shock and horror!!) so used small tin of butter beans and used fry light spray oil instead of a tablespoon of oil. Cals per portion is 300. Portions in dish is 5. I also only used 600g lean diced lamb.

Going to serve with mash and veg for kids.. Hope they eat it lol .. Ok they will be eating it as they have no choice.. Meanie mum that I am .. Haha!

I will have mine over some veg.. Looking forward to it!!!

I added all the water, 500ml it was too much and I ended up boiling it to reduce the volume of liquid which left me with 4 and not 5 portions - I also didn't add the apricots as OH doesn't like them in stews (cooking) etc

Def don't put a whole tsp of chilli powder in, it would be too hot, with just 1/2 tsp was ok for my kids who eat slightly spicy hot food.

All can say is that my OH ate 2.5 portions of it my kids 1/2 a portion between them and I was lucky to have 1 portion left for me..

Will be making it again for sure!!!

Rachgleeson said:
i wish i could get my kids to eat something like that, mind you i wouldnt eat the chick peas :/ but my youngest wont eat hardly anything at all. Well done on resisting the goodies from m&s, some of them smell so nice when you go in there

I changed the chickpeas to butter beans. The kids just got meat and sauce over mash (potatoes, and white sweet potatoes boiled with garlic, and then mashed with milk and wee bit butter) with a side of broccoli. My boys ate it all with a little verbal encouragement (evil laugh lol)

I had 1/2 a sliced cabbage with my portion topped with Broccoli - so will be smelling wonderful tomorrow lol

WI thus morning and have "retained a kg" over night.. My hopeful cure is prune juice, more prunes in natural juice .. And if need be more prune juice lol

The tagine sounds great, i might try that at some point. I am slowly working my way through the recipes in the HB book.

Not that great. Like watery prunes but hey Ho it does the trick!! Lol

For dinner tonight I've made HD golden veg soup, tastes great and will have some gluten free toasted bread with it..

Mis-behave said:
For dinner tonight I've made HD golden veg soup, tastes great and will have some gluten free toasted bread with it..

I've just made the chilli & I'm gonna have cauliflower rice with it when my bloody husband gets home with the cauli I asked him to pick up last night ggggrrrr

Ooooh that makes me giggle - my question how do u make cauliflower rice??

Mis-behave said:
Ooooh that makes me giggle - my question how do u make cauliflower rice??

You grate the cauli raw then micro steam it & use a bit of butter (Lurpak lightest for me), I've not done ot yet but Kat says is good

Lexie2005 said:
You grate the cauli raw then micro steam it & use a bit of butter (Lurpak lightest for me), I've not done ot yet but Kat says is good

Someone was talking about this at slimming world last night, you'll have to let me know what it's like x

I have a plastic pan from pampered chef that steams stuff but you'd be able to do the same in Bowl with cling film over & stabbed. Really was good, almost nutty

Back