Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Ok TOTM arrived today.. Have not eaten any choc.. Yay! Altho I have eaten 2.5 bowls food doctor fig and cranberry granola (very nice) and 3 nakd bars and 1 food doctor apricot and almond bar... Plus a cup hot choc made with coca powder and sweet freedom sugar replacement .. Dinner was roast chook and veg plus 4 mini wholemeal pita bread .. Over cals but was a low GI day - wouldn't normally eat so many muesli bar things but normally I would be at the toast & butter, plus the snickers bars.. And maybe hot oven chips with loads of salt.. But have not had any of those things :)

Ok yesterday was a disaster!! Am feeling really crap this week, still on antibiotics for my infected insect bite on my arm - my arm is no longer swollen thank goodness, and I no l longer want to scratch it raw.. Still using naproxen but pain in my shoulder seems to be getting worse, it's starting to hurt more when doing things - like chopping veggies, stirring stuff.. Where as before when not taking them my shoulder ached (all day) but I didn't really have a high level of pain.. If I stop the tablets the feeling of the ache settling back into my shoulder (and head) is really awful - I don't know how I have lived with that ache in my shoulder for so many years!!! Also since taking the naproxen my stomach (under my breasts) is more bloated.. Def have a pregnant look going on! Surgeon has said to stop them.. I'm not sure what to do.. As paracetamol doesn't help much! I know it's only till end August..

My thoughts are to stop the naproxen for 1 week, and see how I feel.. Talk to doc and see what else she can suggest? As I have a headache clouding my head too and that's what the naproxen was for my head not my shoulder.. Ho hum..

I think you should try a week without them. Have you considered acupuncture? My wrist is only about 20% of the pain it was before I had some.....

The pain in my shoulder should be fixed once they do the surgery in Aug and after I have been through physio etc.. So hopefully in a years time my shoulder will be much better than it has been for last 27 years ;) My headaches are caused by my shoulder, and are a type of tension headache - sometimes they just make it look like every body is blurry and I have trouble remembering words and how to put a sentence together.. Feels like I need to wear glasses, but they don't help.. If the headache continues then I get a really bad migraine on my right side of my head.. That can last for days or weeks.. Normal pain tablets don't work.. In the past going to bed for 24/36 hours makes it go away - have not got that choice anymore lol

No one is to touch my shoulder before the surgery - docs orders lol which is why I was given the naproxen - so no acupuncture

Anyway have not taken any today - the ache is settling back in my shoulder, which hides the sharp pain lol but now it will ache all the time.. The ache settling back in is painful in its self.

Also not enjoying my blurry headache :)

If that's the case then naproxen isn't the right tablet. It's a NSAID so an anti inflammatory for your shoulder not your head.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Naproxen Prevention of tension headaches; hormone headaches Treatment of migraines

Doctor thought it could do 2 things sort out my headache and the ache in my shoulder.. It does do that, but the surgeon has said to stop taking them, don't really want to as now my head is blurry/ cloudy and my shoulder aches again..

Ok have not taken the naproxen for 2 days, my shoulder aches again, but not quite so painful - I think the ache hides the pain in my shoulder..

But my head is very blurry and I have a mild headache, also feel very grumpy and irritable paracetamol doesn't help.. All I want to do is go back to sleep!! I have no patience with my kids, just because I feel like crap! OH is getting it too.. Feeling a little bit Snarky "snap" "snap"

Can you query with the surgeon? It doesn't seem right that he insists you be miserable until August and I'm struggling to think why on earth this could be.

In the meantime, have you tried Nuramol? Sometimes I take it for ME pain when it's bad. Alternatively you can just manually take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, but I can never remember the rules for this which is why I just take the Nuramol! The chemist could tell you and also maybe suggest other things. I'm wondering if a cold or warming gel or pad or even a painkiller cream might help.

Take care! x

I use biofreeze a lot. It's cryogenic which is why it helps better than a warning one.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I get biofreeze from my chiropractor and agree it's great for inflammation. :) I usually only use the warming gel if the pain is due to tension or cramp instead. :)

Plumfoodie said:
Can you query with the surgeon? It doesn't seem right that he insists you be miserable until August and I'm struggling to think why on earth this could be.

In the meantime, have you tried Nuramol? Sometimes I take it for ME pain when it's bad. Alternatively you can just manually take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, but I can never remember the rules for this which is why I just take the Nuramol! The chemist could tell you and also maybe suggest other things. I'm wondering if a cold or warming gel or pad or even a painkiller cream might help.

Take care! x

I had a look on line and it says to stop taking naproxen 4 weeks before surgery anyway.. :(. So better stop now..

I took 2 paracetamol and 2 200g nurofen which has helped my head ache reduce - thank goodness :) I know I can take that combination every 6 hours .. So will prob just have to do that!! Till surgery and I think a wheat bag might do the trick for my shoulder., my mum years ago when I was 18/20 ish and lived at hime used to put it on my shoulder when it ached too much - sometimes I wonder why did someone/ anyone not take me to the doc!!! Lol

I'm going to go to my kettlercise class in the morning - maybe the lack of swinging has made my shoulder feel worse.. I have not been for almost 2 weeks now - just due to doc appts, feeling rubbish, and my swollen insect bite etc.. Maybe the swinging helps it keep loose and warms the muscles up., who knows?!

You can do paracetamol then 2 hours later ibuprofen so basically you are taking something every 2 hours just to keep you dosed up is what has got me through today!!!

Went to my kettlercise class, shoulder feels a bit less stuff.. Still have a tender spot between my shoulder and my neck will ask my OH to rub some arnica cream in it later.. During the work out my shoulder clicked and I think it has settled back into place better :) will see how it feels tomorrow!

Mis-behave said:
Went to my kettlercise class, shoulder feels a bit less stuff.. Still have a tender spot between my shoulder and my neck will ask my OH to rub some arnica cream in it later.. During the work out my shoulder clicked and I think it has settled back into place better :) will see how it feels tomorrow!

Ooh fingers crossed x

Got my shoulder massage :) feels bit better .. Shoulder still feeling more settled.. If still ok will go to class tomorrow night! :)

Oh well no class tonight - OH has just got home way to late for me to go... My other option on a Tuesday is normally a high impact Zumba class., but with my heel injury - cant do that either bah humbug!!

Think I might just have to kettleworx DVD core WK2 as long as there is no football .. Hmmm what's the likely hood of that!!

Bought a wheat bag for my shoulder and neck - feels good while it's on and for a while afterwards.. So will use it a few (100) times a day me thinks!!

Yesterday was a good day food wise, today not so good - ended up with serious carb cravings, and a headache - didn't make good choices. I have my breakfast sorted now, my mid morning snack, and dinner is normally ok- just need To sort between lunch and dinner out!! That's my big problem time/ area! It's when I normally get my headache, and cravings for sugary/carb stuff..

Back