• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red Day Meat Loaf

Wicca303

S: 16st8lb C: 16st1lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 38.6 Loss: 0st7lb(3.02%)
Meat Loaf
Ingredients:
454g lean mince (beef or lamb work best)
Handful mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Majoram
1/2 tsp Mustard powder
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1tbsp Worcestshire sauce
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
1 tbsp (level) tomato puree
1 egg, beaten

1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
2. Fry onion & garlic in frylight for 2 mins to soften, add the mushrooms, thyme, & majoram. Fry until all are soft but not caramelised. Drain off any excess liquid.

3. Combine above mixture in a bowl with the mince, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree & carrot, mix well. Gradually mix in the beaten eggs.

4. Spray a non-stick loaf tin with frylight, firmly press the mince mixture into the greased tin.

5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

6. Serve hot or cold.

This will keep in the fridge (cooked) for upto 5 days, it travels well and is lovely eaten cold for lunch.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Hamsterjam

Out to lunch
S: 15st7lb C: 14st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.69%)
Made this tonight and it was delish!!! I added more herbs though as we're used to stronger, herbier flavours and it was really nice. Got some left over to try cold.

Thanks

Linda

lesserme

shrinking granny
S: 12st10lb C: 12st7lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st3lb(1.69%)
can you tell the syns value? please

I mainly do green but if was free I'd have a red day

and.......could I leave the mustard out :jelous:

Hamsterjam

Out to lunch
S: 15st7lb C: 14st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.69%)
I'm *assuming* it's free on red (and therefore EE) and I'd have thought it was fine to leave out the mustard - although I couldn't taste it particularly. I did think it might be nice with something like cranberry or redcurrant jelly in it to make it a bit fruitier but would need to syn it to see how it changed things.

It was lovely cold as well - probably actually preferred it cold but couldn't see myself making it up just to eat it cold if you see what I mean.

S: 15st0lb C: 10st2lb G: 10st4lb BMI: 21.6 Loss: 4st12lb(32.38%)
Made this on Sunday instead of a roast for a change and it was clear plates all round, yum yum, many thanks Wicca xx

metrognome

is getting better at it
S: 17st10lb C: 15st3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 41.6 Loss: 2st7lb(14.11%)
i have just made this but never had worcestershire sauce so i used marmite instead hope it tastes good

This recipe is great. I would love to be able to tell people that it is nice cold but we normally eat the whole lot hot!! It is so good.

I didn't have any mustard powder but used some wholegrain mustard and synned it. Really good.