Megs Munching Misery!!!

Ketosis

Does anyone know how long it can take for ketosis to start taking place? (on average).

for me its usually day 4/5 but others can be less...its very individual...you are doing well, stick in there!

for me its usually day 4/5 but others can be less...its very individual...you are doing well, stick in there!

Oohh ok thanks for your reply! I've ordered some of those ketostix so I'm sure i'll find out :')

Sometimes ketosis can show via the ketostix but it can take a while for the 'feeling' to filter through to your body and some people still feel a bit headachy / lacking in energy / hungry for a while after the pink shows so just hang in there. If you stick to it then everything is better after the first 10 days or so. I'm rarely hungry these days (think my body has just got used to it) but it doesn't mean that I don't just want food sometimes, and then it's just mind over matter. Good luck to everyone starting out, it's worth sticking to - I can honestly say that this diet has changed my life, and all for the better.

Try making shake with milk allowance-find this much nicer.
are you on placement at the moment? Agree it would be hard, but stick with it chick, Im on day 6 and I never thought I get this far (asda was my best friend too!) xx

Sometimes ketosis can show via the ketostix but it can take a while for the 'feeling' to filter through to your body and some people still feel a bit headachy / lacking in energy / hungry for a while after the pink shows so just hang in there. If you stick to it then everything is better after the first 10 days or so. I'm rarely hungry these days (think my body has just got used to it) but it doesn't mean that I don't just want food sometimes, and then it's just mind over matter. Good luck to everyone starting out, it's worth sticking to - I can honestly say that this diet has changed my life, and all for the better.
Thanks for all the advice! I really do appreciate it :) I can see from your stats that you've done really well, hopefully I can do just as well xo

Try making shake with milk allowance-find this much nicer.
are you on placement at the moment? Agree it would be hard, but stick with it chick, Im on day 6 and I never thought I get this far (asda was my best friend too!) xx

Oooh I shall try that! I dont use my milk allowance for anything else so may as well :) Well done for making it to day 6! I look forward to seeing what your loss will be :) Nope I'm not on placement currently, I start again in 2 weeks time...not sure how I'm going to manage a 12 hour shift on this plan without people asking questions. I don't want to draw attention to myself as the new girl...bleugh.

Say you're doing Slimfast if you don't want people to question you, or take in a chicken salad or something so that you stay below the radar in terms of what you are eating.

Say you're doing Slimfast if you don't want people to question you, or take in a chicken salad or something so that you stay below the radar in terms of what you are eating.
Oohh thats an idea...as long as its low carb is it ok? (Im so new to this...haven't got a clue!)

Oohh thats an idea...as long as its low carb is it ok? (Im so new to this...haven't got a clue!)

The salad you mean? You can have 100g of chicken and certain types of salad as one of your meals so you could easily pass that off as 'normal' if that's what you need to be seen to be before you get to know people (I understand how that's important). You can't have real Slimfast shakes of course (they're full of sugar so not keto friendly and not nutritionally complete either so can't be used in a VLCD) but if you do want to mix up a shake while you are at work then it can be easier if you tell people that you are doing Slimfast as it's more mainstream and people are more accepting of it. There will always be someone who has an opinion whatever diet you are following tho ......

The salad you mean? You can have 100g of chicken and certain types of salad as one of your meals so you could easily pass that off as 'normal' if that's what you need to be seen to be before you get to know people (I understand how that's important). You can't have real Slimfast shakes of course (they're full of sugar so not keto friendly and not nutritionally complete either so can't be used in a VLCD) but if you do want to mix up a shake while you are at work then it can be easier if you tell people that you are doing Slimfast as it's more mainstream and people are more accepting of it. There will always be someone who has an opinion whatever diet you are following tho ......

Oh yeah...tell me about it. Everyone has to have an input. My dad has started making comments on my weight...nice to know family are being supportive. NOT.
Sorry for being confusing, I did mean about the salad being allowed etc. I think thats the best way to do it really. I may go down to 3 of the SnS products a day and then have that extra meal as my lunch. Will stop me sticking out like a sore thumb! Thanks for your help :)

Well hello day 2! I'll be honest and say I've only recently woken up (11:15....don't judge me, I only slept 3 hours on Sunday night...probably anxious about starting slim and save haha!). I'm missing my only full day in uni so I feel awful but I really don't have the energy for it. (I'll regret saying that when I start the 1000 word essay to mke the time up).
Anyway...my shaker bottle has finally arrived, and I've just had the crispy vanilla shake. Not too struck on it, but the crispy bits did make a difference...made it feel more like a breakfast? I know that probably sounds daft but still. My plan of action is to have a bar at around 2pm, a vanilla caramal shake at around 4-5 and then the spag meal about half 7. I suppose the nice thing about waking up later is that my meals are spread out over a shorter period of time and im not anticipating the next one too much (I could imagine thats the time im most likely to fall off the wagon!).
Right, I'm off to sit outside in the garden, enjoy the lovely weather before it disappears, and maybe help my sister with her GCSE revision. Definitely don't envy her! Shall update this later on...for any of you that find my entries interesting! :')

Hey chick. A few of us were going to start a diary together for support etc if u fancy joining it?

Good luck for day 2. Ive been up since 6 with baby she has a rotten cough. Its a gorgeous day. Enjoy :) xx

kaceyboo said:
Hey chick. A few of us were going to start a diary together for support etc if u fancy joining it?

Good luck for day 2. Ive been up since 6 with baby she has a rotten cough. Its a gorgeous day. Enjoy :) xx

Scrap that just seen u wrote on my diary haha xxx

Just wanted to say good luck to you. I am at the end of week one and it is worth sticking with it. Everyone seems to like different things. Suppose everyone's tastebuds are different. I always keep my bar until the evening as I like them best and it gives me something to look forward to. Evenings are always my downfall. Hope all going well.

Just wanted to say good luck to you. I am at the end of week one and it is worth sticking with it. Everyone seems to like different things. Suppose everyone's tastebuds are different. I always keep my bar until the evening as I like them best and it gives me something to look forward to. Evenings are always my downfall. Hope all going well.

Thank you lovely! Well done for getting to the end of your first week, have you had your weigh in yet? I'm not overly keen to have my bar today, I've only had one (the lemon and white choc) and thought it was far to sickly sweet. I've just put a choc vanilla & almond one in the fridge. Hopefully that is a bit better xox

Back