Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Thanks girls...well today was another bad day. My neighbour said she would make something healthy, but nothing at her place was!!! So had a naughty day with KFC style chicken, homemade samosas, spring rolls and chicken curry with naan.
Need to be extra good tomorrow, maybe do a success express day to make up for it.

Grrrwww! It's just so hard when you're put into a situation where the only options are to starve or eat crap!! I'm surprised the whole of western society isn't obese the amount of unhealthy stuff I see people consuming on a regular basis or maybe I'm just so much more aware of it nowadays?! The vast quantities of rubbish my colleagues take into work for 'treats' is astonishing! Oh well, you could only do your best, and you just have to spend the remainder of the week making the best choices for you! Life and lots of veg! X

Hi Meli, hope you're OK hun and were able to get back on track!! There's nothing that can't be put right and better to undo it now than to leave it drag on and become a mountain to climb! I'm sure you're just a busy bee- you seem to have loads going on in your life! But I hope to see you back here really soon! Hugs XXX

Hi Meli, hope you're OK hun and were able to get back on track!! There's nothing that can't be put right and better to undo it now than to leave it drag on and become a mountain to climb! I'm sure you're just a busy bee- you seem to have loads going on in your life! But I hope to see you back here really soon! Hugs XXX

Thanks for checking up on me hun...and look at you with 4lbs to target...that is so exciting!!!

As for me...gosh....busy is not the word...Eid day lasted for over a week and I had my OH's family who stayed with us for 3 days (17 of them, half stayed in my house and the other half in the house across the street from us)...you can imagine how my diet has gone.....in the dumps! I even msged my C to let her know I wasn't coming the last 2 weeks in a row....but next week I will be on those scales and out of some miracle I hope to STS from the last time I weighed. Going to try really hard this week and nothing will stop me. Kids start school tomorrow, so right after I drop them I am off to the gym too. I need to do this....enough fooling around for me!!! I am off to see my parents and sis in the US in December and I want to be at least where I was last summer in the 10st 10 region.

Suffering from bad flu, but still determined to stick to plan and not make any more excuses.

Green Day today-

Breakfast: Egg, Baked Beans, 2 quorn sausages, 2 warburton toast (HEB), banana and Green Lemon Tea
Lunch-Low Fat SuperNoodles with Mushrooms, 2 clementines
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, apple, 1 Green Lemon tea with 1 Alpen Light (3 syns)
Dinner- Blackeyed Bean Curry with Rice and Salad
Snack- Twister (2.5 syns), All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None today

Ooh dear Meli! Hope you're OK! Poorly bunny!

What I love about you is your determination! You've got lots going on and even when you don't do as well as you'd like you ALWAYS pick yourself up, brush yourself off and carry on!! With an attitude like that you can't fail!! It's the ones that can't be bothered anymore who fail! Go for it hun, you can get that oomph back and there'll be no stopping you, but do try not to see it as all or nothing! There's nothing wrong with the 70/30 approach where you allow yourself slip-ups without going off the rails totally! Well not even slip-ups- more like allowing yourself to have a life (because that's reality) and aiming for an average of 1lb per week! I have found that much more acheivable! Overall, in the 97 weeks I've been at this, my average is 0.7lb per week and ya know what, I'm happy with it because it sounds like such slow progress but now I'm (basically) 5 stone lighter, it feels insignificant how long it's taken me!! XXXXXX

Back