Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

OMG that's awesome!! A great fresh start for you!! Well done XXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks! Btw sent you a txt msg just now, so you should have my mob no :)
Feel inspired with my new C as well as she is so lively and really up to date with everything. Never knew that there were syns in the Quorn sausages (just found that out today).

Stuck to plan yesterday and so far a good day as well today.

Green Day today:

Breakfast (at 3am)- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 2 clementines and 1 litre of diluted juice with water.
Dinner (at 8:50pm)- Wholegrain Basmalti Rice with Blackeyed Bean and Spinach Curry. Bowl of fruit (kiwi, clementine, apple, grapes). 1 litre of water
Snack- Activia fat free yogurt, 2 alpen lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Snack- Curly Wurly (5 or 6 syns?)

Thanks! Btw sent you a txt msg just now, so you should have my mob no :)
Feel inspired with my new C as well as she is so lively and really up to date with everything. Never knew that there were syns in the Quorn sausages (just found that out today).

Thanks for the text message hun!! I will text you lots of supportive messages I promise!! :family2: Chuffed for you that you have a fun new C! It does make a big difference! I know that many people are successful in losing weight and sticking to plan without attending a group and I just wish I was one of those self-disciplined people, but unfortunately I'm not!! I NEED the pressure, the structure and the support of the group and our fantastic C Alicia who entertains us every Monday!! Without them and of course the lovely peeps at Minis I would never have stuck to it and managed to ride out the bad weeks!! And yes you're right, you do keep updated on food news!! Did you also know about the new Mullerlights and changes in syns?!!X

I don't have the muller lights as they are not suitable for veg, but I heard that they have changed in syns for some of them.

Sorry no updates, but have been feeling tired with the fasting and just busy with dinner invites. I have been on plan 80% of the time with the invites and all, but hoping that from today until Thursday that I will be 100%. Need to stay away from the Nutella and the pakora/samosas...

Today's menu: EE
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) with 2 clementines, 3 glasses of water
Dinner- After breaking Fast- Prawns with mushrooms and Low Fat Super Noodles
Fruit Chaat, 1 litre of water
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, melon, 2 Alpen Light (6 syns) with Green Lemon Tea

No more syns for today to make up for the other days I have over my syns.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I don't have the muller lights as they are not suitable for veg, but I heard that they have changed in syns for some of them.

Sorry no updates, but have been feeling tired with the fasting and just busy with dinner invites. I have been on plan 80% of the time with the invites and all, but hoping that from today until Thursday that I will be 100%. Need to stay away from the Nutella and the pakora/samosas...

Today's menu: EE
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA) with 2 clementines, 3 glasses of water
Dinner- After breaking Fast- Prawns with mushrooms and Low Fat Super Noodles
Fruit Chaat, 1 litre of water
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, melon, 2 Alpen Light (6 syns) with Green Lemon Tea

No more syns for today to make up for the other days I have over my syns.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

80% is much better than 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 10 or 0%!!! I'm sure it will all pay off and don't forget you are allowed treats/syns too as part of the plan so do try and enjoy them guilt free!!X

80% is much better than 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 10 or 0%!!! I'm sure it will all pay off and don't forget you are allowed treats/syns too as part of the plan so do try and enjoy them guilt free!!X

That's true hun and that's the way I think as well...it could have been worse...now I've got the reins nice and tight (at least until Thursday when we are going out for a meal for brother in law and my nephew's birthday- full buffet after WI of course).

Have been a good girl today--
Extra Easy day
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), clementine, 1 litre of water
Dinner- 1 Date (small one about 4 syns), Grilled Pangasius Fish, Pack of Low Fat Super Noodles, Mushrooms and big bowl of fruit chaat, 1 litre of mixed juice with water
Snack- Activia Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, Strawberries

Hope to go to bed soon so I don't have any temptations for the nutella tonight! Actually have 2 Mikado boxes, but I dare not open them yet....

Good day yesterday and today has also gone well.

Repeat of yesterday's meal as it was so nice.

EE
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 2 clementines, 4 glasses of water with juice (no sugar)
Dinner (after breaking fast)- 1 date (4 syns), Grilled Pangasius Fish (with Tikka Boti spice mix- free), Low Fat Super noodles, Mushrooms and a big bowl of mixed fruits (banana, strawberry, pear, apple, grapes). 1 glass of 100% natural (not concentrate) fruit juice - Raspberry, Grape, Pomegranite (no sugar- no syns?)
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 Asda mini chocolate donuts (syns???), Green Lemon Tea
Snack- Twister ice cream (2.5 syns)

WI tomorrow night--hoping for some type of loss as I haven't been too bad this week.

Good day yesterday and today has also gone well.

Repeat of yesterday's meal as it was so nice.

EE
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 2 clementines, 4 glasses of water with juice (no sugar)
Dinner (after breaking fast)- 1 date (4 syns), Grilled Pangasius Fish (with Tikka Boti spice mix- free), Low Fat Super noodles, Mushrooms and a big bowl of mixed fruits (banana, strawberry, pear, apple, grapes). 1 glass of 100% natural (not concentrate) fruit juice - Raspberry, Grape, Pomegranite (no sugar- no syns?)
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 2 Asda mini chocolate donuts (syns???), Green Lemon Tea
Snack- Twister ice cream (2.5 syns)

WI tomorrow night--hoping for some type of loss as I haven't been too bad this week.

Sounds like you're back into the groove again missy!! I'm really chuffed for you and I'm certain your efforts will be rewarded tomorrow!! Mmmm those mini Twisters are lovely aren't they, and well worth the syns!!XX

Thanks Funcurls....would really like a loss today and I've been mostly good all week. The Twister saved me from grabbing something else yesterday and definately very good for only 2.5 syns.

After WI tonight have a very big meal out for my nephew's bday--all buffet style and I am planning on enjoying it, and getting back on plan tomorrow.

So a good start and naughty ending tonight....

Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 2 clementines, 1 litre of water
Dinner (after WI)- Big buffet--- will not even try to approximate syns...know it will be a blowout!

Wi results- lost 1.5lbs :) have probably put that on with what I ate at the buffet tonight. Fresh start manana.

Well done Meli!!! Even if you put it back on, at least you've evened it out, not gained a lb :)

The buffet was nice....but not nice enough to gain it back. Not stepping on the scales to see the damage from last night. Just carrying on and will limit my syns if possible for the rest of the week.

Extra Easy day-

Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), glass of fresh fruit juice (syns??), 3 glasses of water
Dinner (breaking fast)- 1 small date (4 syns), Courgette and Potatoe Soup, Roasted Chicken with 50g AH Cous Cous (.5syn) and Fruit Chaat
1 litre of water
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, Melon, Twister (2.5 syns)

Hey hunny, sorry I've been keeping a low profile over the last couple of days!! Will be the case over the weekend too as working ALL DAY both days!! Yuuuck!!

WELL DONE on your loss!! It's a great one, and the way to look at it is that if you hadn't lost it and then went on to have the indulgence you just had after it, you'd weigh more than you did before!! Also I think it's quite possible to still get a loss next week!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Thanks Hevs and Prawnchopsuey for keeping me on my toes :)
What a night/morning today---had my little one throwing up at least 7 times last night and ended up in ER with him and after him throwing up another 3 times there they put something under his tongue and he stopped throwing up and just sent me home saying a possible virus. Also my oldest son felll from the top of the bunkbed (railing was loose) and on top of this OH was shattered as he had come back from work at 2am and had to go early this morning, so no help from him--arghh! He just went into the other room and said he needed to sleep (his Hep is acting up again too). So a bit (to say it in a nice way) annoyed....

Youngest one is much better now though, so there is a plus.

Last night had a small piece of the bday cake, but it's all gone now, so no more temptation for me.

EE day-
Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), clementine, 3 glasses of water
Dinner- Leftover of Courgette and Potatoe Soup, Leftover Roasted Chicken and some white rice with mung daal. Fruit salad. 1 litre of water
Snack- Activia FF yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, Mini Twister (2.5 syns)

Sorry haven't been updating, but it's been quite hectic with dinner invites and haven't been as good as I wanted to be. I will be lucky if I have an STS this week! Well a few people have commented that I look a bit skinnier, so that is a plus. Need to keep to it....can't wait for Ramadan to be over and not so much fried food will be around to tempt me.

Today having a no syn day--bad I know, but need to make up for the past few days. Going to make it a green day to get a extra HEB in.

Breakfast- huge bowl of mixed fruit and water (woke up too late to have anything else)
Dinner (have guests over, but planning to stick to plan)- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, 2 Quorn Sausages (actually maybe these do have syns, but think it may be 2), SW Chips, 1 piece of Warburton Toast (.5HEB) 1 litre of water
Snack- mixed fruit chaat, Shapes Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Before going to Bed: All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk

Gutted--that's all I can say...I know I deserved a gain, but not this big. 3.5 on!!!

I know I wasn't perfect this week, but definately not that bad. Can only think most of it is due to * week just around the corner- due any day.

Anyways my first reaction was to just diss today and go for some Dixy chicken, but I thought what good will that do and I just need to stick to plan. I know that it works as I've done this all before, so just need to try to stay away from all these temptations around me. Can't wait for the fasting to finish next week. I have a dinner tomorrow night at a neighbours house, another invite on Sunday and then the big Eid celebration either Tuesday or Wednesday next week --and Thursday is WI...God help me!!!

Well my neighbour knows I'm on a diet and she said she would make me some food without oil, so let's see tomorrow. Sunday and next Wed will be full fat stuff, so not sure what I'm going to do.

I really want a loss for next week, but not sure if that is realistic.

Anyways today have had a good day and also going to try some recipes that a C (who stepped in for my C today mentioned). One is blending a can of carrots, a can of baked beans and a box of passata together - she said it sounds awful, but tastes wonderful. I won the raffle prize which was this, so will definately try it out.
The other recipe was a Chickpea curry loaf: Get one tin of Sundar Chickpea Daal and mix it with Bachelors Rice (Curry one- made up) and mix in 4 eggs and some curry powder and put it in the oven for 30 mins. She said that this is delicious and tastes like curried bread (never tasted anything of the nature), so will have to try this one out as well.

So did not sabbotage my diet today despite the results and stuck to plan:

Breakfast- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 3 cups of water
Dinner- Seafood sticks with Low Fat Noodles, Bowl of Fruit Chaat
Snack- 1 peach, Activia FF yogurt, Green Lemon Tea, Twister ice cream (2.5syns)
3 cups of water
Saving up my syns for the days I'm having the invites.

Oh hun!! Don't know what to say! Well I'm so glad you had a good day today!! It's an awful feeling to gain more than you expected and then to feel so disheartened by it that the first-line reaction is to eat more bad stuff!!! I'm sure you've nipped it in the bud now!! Just keep thinking positively and I'm sure that some of that gain was as you say *week related and you'll see a good loss next week! You just have to stay on plan and you'll see the results straight away!! XXXXXXXXXX

hey hun,
just stick to it as much as possible around the celebrations....its amazing how much difference being good the rest of the time will make - instead of going 'well im off then anyway' and eating even more naughty things! sounds like you are doing well otherwise and im sure most of that wgain will be down to *week.
that recipie with chickpeas and rice sounds good,think i'll try that soon!

Back