Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Well the job I got will be working weekends, except for 2 weeks tranining they want me to do during the week. I know it won't be ideal for spending time with the family, but it wouldn't work out during the week as kids will soon have summer holidays. It also is good as I will still be able to keep up my gym routine :)
Funcurls--really getting back into it and feeling motivated with the gym. About WI, not sure what day to do it and make sure it's consistent. There is a weight machine at the gym, so just need to make sure I can do it on the same day/time each week. Might go ahead and WI tomorrow- although * week is upon me, but the stats can only get better next week???

Had a good 100% day yesterday :)

Green Day today-

Breakfast- Egg, Baked beans and 1 slice of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack before hitting gym: 2 clementines
After Gym: Strawberries
Lunch- 2 Quorn Sausages with AH Cous Cous (1 syn or maybe .5 syn)
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- tempted to make the spinach cannelloni today (let's see what my energy levels are like later tonight) with a side salad
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Twister Ice Cream (4 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Gym 50 mins

I'm sure you'll continue to have really good losses like you did before your temporary blip!! You have already proved that with motivation and determination you are brilliant at this!!XXX

Thanks funcurls--really hope so! Will go to the gym for a WI shortly (probably shouldn't have had the breakfast before going lol, but who can fool the scales, right)??

Really good day yesterday and actually ended up making the cannelloni which came out soooo nice. The hassle to make them was definately worth it and have some left over for today too. I probably put a little more cheese than I should, so I left out the All Bran and skimmed milk last night, but still was full :)

Today's menu-
Green

Breakfast- Fried Egg, Baked Beans and 1 piece of Warburton toast (.5HEB)
Lunch- Spinach Cannelloni (HEA and .5HEB to be on the safe side with the cheese) with Side Salad and dressing (2 syns)
Snack- Strawberries, Shapes Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- BNS Soup (fresh batch) and a Chana Chaat
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Mikados - only 6 before going to bed (3 syns)

Water: 1.5 litres --doing really well with this and probably got in more than 2 litres yesterday
Gym: aiming for a good 50 min workout today

100% day yesterday, but did have a few more syns as I had 2-3 pieces of Jalebi (so maybe 10 syns, so limiting them today). Have guests coming over from Friday-Monday so will be a challenge, but I will stick to plan and will continue my gym routine while they are here.

Fancy a red day today-

Breakfast- 2 clementines before hitting the gym
After gym:Fried Egg, Mushrooms, 2 Quorn Sausages and Ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch- BNS soup, 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with 2 LC Cheese (HEA), 6 crabsticks
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and an apple
Dinner- Grilled Pangasius Fish with Salad and dressing (2 syns)
Snack- Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: 45 mins gym (went to another gym and little did I know it was ladies day and it was full, so couldn't get a proper workout. At least I did 30 mins jogging and the rest was on the Rower and weights)

Haven't been updating my diary as have had loads of visitors at my place since Friday last week. Think the last set of visitors are coming today, so should be free after that. Have also been busy as kids are off from school so giving them a bit of culture taking them to the museum, water park, etc.

Weighed in Wed quickly from my home weight machine and it said I had STS (could be the cake I had for my birthday this week). Anyways happy that I haven't put any on with all the people and in and from my home.

Will update my diary from tomorrow. Next week I start the 2 weeks training, so will need to plan ahead to stay on track.

Haven't posted in some time, but things are going well and have stuck to plan the last few days. Just keeping so busy with the new job and the training is actually going to last 4 weeks instead of 2 and I'm rushing around on the bus (get headaches as I'm not used to going on them, but no choice as there is no car parking close by). I am getting really good excersie and walk about 20 mins from where the bus drops me off and 20 mins walking back to the bus stop, so getting some body magic in.

Haven't weighed in yet this week as my weight machine at home needs a new battery and haven't made it to the gym this week. May need to change the WI day temporarily until I finish the training.

Breakfast- apples on the bus, Alpen Light (HEB) with Green lemon tea at work
Lunch- Vegetable Soup at the canteen (was a bit creamy so maybe 3-4 syns), AH Cous Cous
Snack-Banana, Mikados (7 syns)
Dinner- 3 Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms with a packet of Low Fat SuperNoodles
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: 40 mins walk

Tomorrow having a Red Day:

Breakfast- Fruit Salad, Alpen Light (3.5 syns) with Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- Sweetcorn with Chaat Masala, 6 Ryvita Crackerbread (HEB) with Spinach and Quark
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Apple
Dinner- Fried Egg, Baked Beans, SW Chips, Mushrooms
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk, Mikados before bed (5 syns)

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: 40 mins walking

Hey hun, just popped over after replying to your message on MY diary!! Sounds like you're well on track at the moment! Shame you haven't been able to weigh yet, but as long as you're feeling in 'the zone' and in control that's all that matters at the moment, but I'm sure you'll want to be WI at the same time each week to get you back into the 'weighing/knowing what you're working with' groove again (when time allows of course!)

So you've started the new job then!! How is it? Is the training hard going? Did you invest in some mega-smart new outfits- you said everyone looked really smart when you went for the interview!! Sometimes I wish I had the opportunity to dress really smart in work- we wear theatre scrub-type uniforms! In some ways it's great because it's comfortable and takes the work/pressure/expense out of buying posh stuff for work/varying work wardrobe, but I do love dressing smart and I think it would be quite enjoyable (especially now I'm totally LOVING clothes again!!!)

So keep up the good work and I hope things settle down and become less hectic for you so that you can have some more 'you time'!! (not that you get much with your kiddywinkles to look after!!)

Lovely to catch up with you, H XXXXXXXX

Have been MIA as really busy with the training and it is really intense. Seems like a brain drain as soon as I get out.
Last weekend did not go too well (had guests over and limited healthy food in stock), but snapped back into it on Monday and have been on plan since then. I do feel different as the trousers don't seem to be as tight now, so think the Body Magic I do every day by walking is helping too.

Have been sticking to Green days and have been taking food to work with me, so doing well this week. Also drinking loads of water as I bought one of those 1 litre bottles and carry it around everywhere.

Sorry no updates on food diary...will pop in again in a few days.

Hi hun, sounds like you're doing great!! Glad you're enjoying the new job even though the training is intense!! It's always good to have a new challenge and do something out of our comfort zone! You'll feel a massive sense of acheivement!! Great news that your trousers feel less tight and I'm sure the healthy food you're taking in and the exercise you're doing is all counting! Glad you're feeling in control this week!!X

Hey hun, just popping by to check in on you!! Looks like someone's a very busy bee!! Hope you're ticketyboo and enjoying the job!!X

Thanks for checking up on me funcurls :)

It seems the weekends are my downfall. This past weekend was my son's bday and he got a huge costco cake and really had too much. Then during the week I'm an angel up until the night time, so really need to work on this.
Work is going well and having a good time and trying to eat sensibly for breakfast and lunch and get at least 1 litre of water in during work time. Need to keep a big batch of soups for when I come home to snack on because that seems to be my weakness falling for what my SIL has made for dinner.
I know * week is on it's way...I can tell, so need to work harder.

Work have extended the training for another week, so busy all week.
I thought today would be my day to start fresh, but it hasn't gone well, so aiming for a new start tomorrow.

Tomorrow's planned menu:

Breakfast- 2 clementines and 1 banana before rushing to work
Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) before lunch
Lunch- Baked Potatoe with Baked beans (at the canteen)
Snack- Melon pieces (break), another Alpen Light (.5HEB) on the bus home
Shapes yogurt while preparing dinner
Dinner- Fried Mushrooms mixed with a pack of Low Fat Super Noodles and Quorn Sausages
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk and berries (SS)

Exercise:35 min walk

Really hope I can stick to this tomorrow. SIL and family are away until Wednesday so I have a chance (as her food won't be tempting me).

**Saving my syns up just incase I get the munchies ***

hey meli

How are you... I'm going for a new start tomorrow I joined a new class tonight.

Be good x

Hey Melibabes!!How are you? Did S-I-L's family visit go OK or did you find it tough? How's the job going? Have you now officially finished the training process? I'd love to see you back here for regular chats, and more importantly churning out those great losses again!! Oooh come on, you know ya want to!!!XXX

Hey Melibabes!!How are you? Did S-I-L's family visit go OK or did you find it tough? How's the job going? Have you now officially finished the training process? I'd love to see you back here for regular chats, and more importantly churning out those great losses again!! Oooh come on, you know ya want to!!!XXX

I second all of that funcurls! We miss you Meli! x

Hi Meli,

I also need a fresh start, but I've really been packing on the pounds these past few months. And I've finally admitted to myself that I can't 'just' lose a few pounds and then come crawling back to Minimins, I need Minimins to lose anything. So here I am!
Sounds like you have got a lots going on (as always) but the new job sounds fab! :)

I added a new diary on here about 2 weeks ago, but didn't get any replies on there, so keeping this one active. Need you guys to support me.

Well I said I was having a fresh start and that was not last Thursday, but the Thursday before that, so my starting WI is based on that and will just hopefully move down from there :)

Was out of town for about 5 days and was naughty...didn't do the fasting for Ramadan until this past Sunday (as it was * week previously), so since Sunday I've been pretty good. Hope to see at least some type of loss this week. Going later tonight so we'll see.

My menu will look a bit strange due to the fasting, but here goes what I plan to have today:

Breakfast (at 3am)- Bowl of All Bran (not measured- Heb) with skimmed milk, 2 clementines and 1 litre of water with diluted juice
After breaking fast (around 8:47pm- changes every day with a few mins diff)- 1 date (6syns), Grilled Fish with Low Fat Noodles, Fruit Chaat (pear, apple, banana, clementines, grapes with spices on top), 1 litre of water with diluted juice
Snacks:Activia Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (3.5 syns) with Green Lemon Tea

Hope that keeps me full until 3am again. Otherwise may have a bowl of chickpea chaat before going to bed (chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, potatoes with tamarind juice, low fat yogurt and chana chaat spice mix).

Will update later with any changes to my weight.

Soccermom/prawnchopsuey/funcurls/nattymo: We can do it!!!!

Omg Meli I didn't realise! If I'd known I'd have been commenting all the time!! Of course we can all do this! We certainly want it! It's all about being in the right place in our heads! XxX

Hi Meli, I really feel for you struggling with a summertime Ramadan, must be much harder going than in the winter.

I definitely feel in the zone now and it looks like you do too - we can SO do it :)

Okay girls...ready for this-----
4 pound loss!!! Woohooo! :cool:

Prawnchopsuey: First day had a bad headache, second day a bad stomach, now it's all good.

Back