Melissa's Diary -Vauxhall dealer trashed our car & 13lb to go, yippee

Hi mel, have read through your diary and I feel really inspired, many congratulations to you on your fantastic weight loss so far I'm 100% sure you will get to goal weight and will make a great cdc!

congrats again and great pics too! :D

Hi mel, have read through your diary and I feel really inspired, many congratulations to you on your fantastic weight loss so far I'm 100% sure you will get to goal weight and will make a great cdc!

congrats again and great pics too! :D

Thanks :) I have been so inspired by the diaries on here too but have often felt that everyone else can do it but not me. I know this just isn't true anymore :D Glad you liked the piccies. Will persaude OH to take one at this milestone so I can put a new one up soon!

And as if losing 100 pounds wasn't exciting enough for one day, OH is taking me away next week to the Cotswolds as I am not at work !!! :) Indoor heated pool and I am going to swim ! :D Ok no big deal for some but I still haven't had the courage to get my new cossie on:eek:

And as if losing 100 pounds wasn't exciting enough for one day, OH is taking me away next week to the Cotswolds as I am not at work !!! :) Indoor heated pool and I am going to swim ! :D Ok no big deal for some but I still haven't had the courage to get my new cossie on:eek:
thats fab hun, how lovely. you'll have to go and try some on, really get in the mood. Congrats on your 100lb mate, thats a fantastic achievement

well done that man.
He'll be so proud of you.
Swimming for the first time might be easier in a strange place. take the plunge Gal!

thats fab hun, how lovely. you'll have to go and try some on, really get in the mood. Congrats on your 100lb mate, thats a fantastic achievement

Yes have opted for the catalogue cossie that I posted a piccie of fairly recently. I am kind of happy in it but have got my head round it. I won't know the people on this holiday, will probably never see them again so I am just going to go for it and swim every day ! :D :D :D Yippeee !:gimi:

well done that man.
He'll be so proud of you.
Swimming for the first time might be easier in a strange place. take the plunge Gal!

Yes I think i will care less and will never see the people again. I am SO looking forward to it now !:)

I am so cold all the time on this diet that the thought of submersion in a tropical temperature pool is just so yummy :D

Either that or come and crawl into your aga with the dogs :D

Well done 7 stone 2lbs in fantastic.. u have lost more than a Paris Hilton!!!!

Have a wonderful time in the cotswolds, that was really nice of your OH, plus it gets u swimming in a place where no-one knows you, hopefully that will boost your confidence for when you get back and you will be able to keep it up :D

Well done 7 stone 2lbs in fantastic.. u have lost more than a Paris Hilton!!!!

Have a wonderful time in the cotswolds, that was really nice of your OH, plus it gets u swimming in a place where no-one knows you, hopefully that will boost your confidence for when you get back and you will be able to keep it up :D

:) :) :) Thanks ! I am getting excited now about setting off in the morning and it feels really close !

Losing a Paris Hilton eh ? hehe ! I bet I couldn't carry her around for 5 mins though even though she is that skinny so how the hell have I been doing it ???:eek:

I am off for a weeks hols in the morning ! :D

It is so nice to be packing clothes that I really like for the first time in my life. Choosing what I want to take rather than taking what is clean ! :)

I went out today for some last minute bits and pieces and felt good about myself. I think it must be having more confidence. Rather than staring down at the pavement I look ahead now ! It is a bit embarassing to notice how much male attention I get :eek: I mean I am not exactly skinny !

I am SO looking forward to swimming every day for week. As Kirstin said, I think it will give me the confidence to go to any pool in the future.

See you all later !:wavey:

I am so cold all the time on this diet that the thought of submersion in a tropical temperature pool is just so yummy :D

Either that or come and crawl into your aga with the dogs :D

Oven is free if you want it.Clean Tea-towel on the floor.
though I doubt you'll need it.hotelalsost certainly has a spa pool as well, & enormous baths.

It is so nice to be packing clothes that I really like for the first time in my life. Choosing what I want to take rather than taking what is clean ! :)

I went out today for some last minute bits and pieces and felt good about myself. I think it must be having more confidence. Rather than staring down at the pavement I look ahead now ! It is a bit embarassing to notice how much male attention I get :eek: I mean I am not exactly skinny !

Sounds like you'd better start to get used to this!

I am SO looking forward to swimming every day for week. As Kirstin said, I think it will give me the confidence to go to any pool in the future.

Hope you have a great holiday & will be eager to hear about it when you return

Wishing you the best holiday ever Melissa:)

Wonderful to have achieved so much and loving your new found confidence!

Long may it last.

Would love to have the courage and the figure to go back swimming myself:eek:

Love Mini xxx

I hope that you have a lovely time mate and I can't wait to see you back here. I hope that you really enjoy your new liberation and take it out in that swimming pool. XXX

Would love to have the courage and the figure to go back swimming myself:eek:

Hi Mini,
Sorry to hear that you do not have the confidence to go swimming yourself. There are people of all shapes and sizes at swimming pools, and after the initial few moments, you barely even get a glance. The high afterwards would far outweigh any embarrassment, so I really hope that you'll think about taking the plunge. We hold ourselves back from so many things, it's a shame when we stop ourselves doing something that ultimately would improve our progress. I've been avoiding it for the last couple of months, but finally dragged myself there this morning after being inspired by Mel and feel great for it - I hope you find the courage soon. XXXX

Thanks :thankyou: for all the good holiday wishes, I am back ! A quick check in, there are so many posts to catch up on. Haven't you been a busy lot eh ?

It was fab and the weather wasn't bad for the time of year. I swam and swam :) :) :) and yes I do feel now that I can swim anywhere !:D Mini, just go for it, I should have started a few stone back but I didn't feel I could....and I should have !:)

My only problem with swimming is that I did feel quite weak and wobbly afterwards every time I did it......I suppose there are no reserves in my body for what was, for me anyway, quite a lot of exercise. Also did a lot of walking around places.

Weighed in this morning and I have lost 2kg in about 9 days but I am going to wait until Wednesday morning and do an "official" 2 week weigh in so as to keep the records straight!

I didn't cheat once, what a girly swot eh ?:rolleyes: OH had meals out and we met up with friends and had a meal out on Thursday night but only my peanut cruch bar and water passed my lips ! I am so near to the end now that I just don't want to mess it up. :eek:

Anyway, OH took my official 100 pound off photos so will try to get those up very soon. Better go see what you have all been up to !:wavey:

Well done on all the swimming. I am hoping to get the confidence to get back in the pool soon. Myself and Karen used to go every week and the looks you get are awful, but once you get in its great, then the worse part getting out after, blooming heck thats when you realise how heavy you are when you try to hoist yourself up the steps.

welcome back Mel.
So pleased you had a great hol,& did loads of swimming & lost loads more weight & did lots of walking & didn't cheat & even had good weather.

All we need now are the pics!!!

Back