Melissa's Diary -Vauxhall dealer trashed our car & 13lb to go, yippee

No wonder you're grinning - you've done so well and you look amazing ..... well done :)

Thanks Cath and good luck on your journey xxx

I only started my diary recently.It's a bit wordy though & not,I fear, a light read.
I hope you keep your up into maintainance,cos I want to learn how you get on.

It's a great read :D

I am dreading maintenance but I am determined to get there and do it. I mean it's one thing to not eat food but quite another to be flung back into the world of food again :rolleyes:

Still have decided not to worry about it until the last 2 1/2 stone has gone so it doesn't put me off :)

Hi Melissa, where are your pictures? I'd love to see them. Angela x

On this diary thread. There is a before and about a 3 stone off piccie on page 1 or 2 then my official LL starting pics and about a 5 stone one off around page 5 I think. You may have to trawl about a bit though :)

Regulars to this diary thread will know that I really really want to go swimming to help me exercise and tone up but have so much angst about wearing a swimming cossie. I am wrinkly and saggy at the top of my legs and arms after losing this much weight and feel it is very obvious. I am self-conscious enough as it is without this extra hideous wrinkly stuff going on. :cry:

I saw a reasonable cossie in M&S and am tempted BUT then saw this cossie in the Simply Be catalogue. Trying to get an opinion out of my OH and step-son is like pulling teeth but my step-son said "It's ok but are people wearing costumes like that in swimming pools ?" which I thought was a good point.

The catalogue claims it's one of this seasons cossies etc and it feels a bit more like it would cover me up. But if it is funky and people would think "What the hell is she wearing ?" then it isn't going to work. So I know a few of you are regular swimmers....Nat, Lottie, Kirstin........but everyone with an opinion....are people wearing cossies like this ? :confused:

Swimskirtsuit.jpg

Hi Mel

I think this cossie looks fine, if you think of it as a normal item of clothing - it is black with a flash of colour, not exactly wacky in my book...

Anyway completely off topic I've just seen that on my blog you were asking how jam was without sugar... It is sweetned with grape juice rather than sugar and it is yummy... My boyfriend did some research for me and apparently I can only have jam that says 'no added sugar', 'sugar free' means it will have some kind of sugar subsitute most of which I can't have. Fortunately here in Brighton we have a great shop called infinity foods which has a huge range of no added sugar jams, I have strawberry, Blackberry and wild blueberry...

Sorry for rambling - I like the swimsuit!

Luv Cc xx xx xx

Hey Mel

I love the swimsuit, its really nice.. girls are def wearing the sort of long top two piece swimsuits at my gym. I haven't seen them with those style bottoms, but I think it looks great.. honestly if someone walked into my pool wearing that I wouldn't think what is she wearing.. i'd be more inclined to ask where they bought it!

IMO I reckon go for it, I think once you have actually ventured to the pool you will think what was I worrying about and will be addicted. Its really not as bad as you think it will be, things never are. Get the suit :)

BTW have been half back on track for the last 4 days.. tomorrow I intend to fully go for it!

Kx

Hi Mel,

Got to agree mate, no one will ever suspect that you were ever larger and so once you get over your first swim, you'll realise how little an interest people take in you and feel less self conscious as a result. I aint been for a couple of months now and so I'm having the same kind of thoughts myself, but the swimming will helpto tone up our skin hun.

The cosie is really nice, and would be great for sunbathing, but not sure how well you could swim with the skirt between your legs? I'd say it's ideal though if it covers your prob areas. I've got a great one fom BHS thats quite puckered around the waist and so you can see my hugely self conscious area.

Alternatively you could just go in with your towel wrapped around waist and pull it off at the last minute?

I reall y must go swimming tomorrow!!! You are inspiring me!!

I saw this cossie, and i must admit I was tempted big time, still am tbh, it would cover my little Kangaroo pouches at the top of my legs, hmmm, have you decided yet??

Hi Mel,

I went swimming 'tuther day and saw a lady in a electric blue version of this day and wondered where she got it from. If you don't feel comfy wearing a conventional suit then wear it. Wear it as though it were nothing out of the ordinary (which it isn't, really). Aint no one gonna bat an eyelid when your to-ing and fro-ing up and down the pool any how. Additionally the cozzie saves the need to do one's bikini line ;) (a bug bear of mine - I have a choice between my high cut speedo or a bosom revealing cossie; the Speedo one wins every time!)

Order it;
Buy it;
Wear it.

Remember - you pay your gym fees
- you buy your cozzie

'tis no one elses business what you wear, so long as it's not a suit made of cheese or something! :)

Hi Mel,

I went swimming 'tuther day and saw a lady in a electric blue version of this day and wondered where she got it from. If you don't feel comfy wearing a conventional suit then wear it. Wear it as though it were nothing out of the ordinary (which it isn't, really). Aint no one gonna bat an eyelid when your to-ing and fro-ing up and down the pool any how. Additionally the cozzie saves the need to do one's bikini line ;) (a bug bear of mine - I have a choice between my high cut speedo or a bosom revealing cossie; the Speedo one wins every time!)

Order it;
Buy it;
Wear it.

- you buy your cozzie

'tis no one elses business what you wear, so long as it's not a suit made of cheese or something! :)

So true, but made me laugh!!

I agree with the others.Cossie looks really great,as well as this season's thing.Go get it.

Hi Mel

I think this cossie looks fine, if you think of it as a normal item of clothing - it is black with a flash of colour, not exactly wacky in my book...

Anyway completely off topic I've just seen that on my blog you were asking how jam was without sugar... It is sweetned with grape juice rather than sugar and it is yummy... My boyfriend did some research for me and apparently I can only have jam that says 'no added sugar', 'sugar free' means it will have some kind of sugar subsitute most of which I can't have. Fortunately here in Brighton we have a great shop called infinity foods which has a huge range of no added sugar jams, I have strawberry, Blackberry and wild blueberry...

Sorry for rambling - I like the swimsuit!

Luv Cc xx xx xx

No apols needed !:) I know infinity foods well and love the place. Love Brighton in fact. OH's eldest son lives there so we pop down quite a bit. In fact we were down last saturday and I was all excited about shopping and the only place we went to was Brighton dump.....we ended up helping with jobs all day, oh well !:rolleyes:

In fact I was going to ask your advice about clothes type stuff in Brighton as you are an expert :D I never have more than about 2-3 hours to shop and just know I am missing stuff out !
Jam sounds interesting but I am not sure whether grape juice would be easier on my blood sugar than sugar if you see what i mean. When I finish this diet I don't want to go back on diabetic medication so I am trying to plan ahead on low carb, low GI. Will have to investigate further !

Hey Mel

I love the swimsuit, its really nice.. girls are def wearing the sort of long top two piece swimsuits at my gym. I haven't seen them with those style bottoms, but I think it looks great.. honestly if someone walked into my pool wearing that I wouldn't think what is she wearing.. i'd be more inclined to ask where they bought it!

IMO I reckon go for it, I think once you have actually ventured to the pool you will think what was I worrying about and will be addicted. Its really not as bad as you think it will be, things never are. Get the suit :)

BTW have been half back on track for the last 4 days.. tomorrow I intend to fully go for it!

Kx
Ok, great...that gives me some confidence to buy it, thanks !:) I will get it I think.....hoping that once I have been a couple of times I just won't care anyway as you say!

Glad you are back on track and hope last night was ok with D !

Hi Mel,

Got to agree mate, no one will ever suspect that you were ever larger and so once you get over your first swim, you'll realise how little an interest people take in you and feel less self conscious as a result. I aint been for a couple of months now and so I'm having the same kind of thoughts myself, but the swimming will helpto tone up our skin hun.

The cosie is really nice, and would be great for sunbathing, but not sure how well you could swim with the skirt between your legs? I'd say it's ideal though if it covers your prob areas. I've got a great one fom BHS thats quite puckered around the waist and so you can see my hugely self conscious area.

Alternatively you could just go in with your towel wrapped around waist and pull it off at the last minute?

I reall y must go swimming tomorrow!!! You are inspiring me!!

Yes I am hoping that it will help to tone coz I am getting a bit frantic with all this sagginess going on :eek:

I know what you mean by the skirt maybe getting in the way but I think its a case of start of going swimming in this or maybe never have the confidence to go. So even if it gets in the way a bit I might risk it !:)

Will defintely be wrapped in a towel until the last minute ! Where do people put their towels though :confused:

I saw this cossie, and i must admit I was tempted big time, still am tbh, it would cover my little Kangaroo pouches at the top of my legs, hmmm, have you decided yet??

Yes I think its a go for it for all the reasons you say !!!!:D

Hi Mel,

Order it;
Buy it;
Wear it.

- you buy your cozzie

:D :D :D LOL !!!! I just have to get it now don't I ?!!! Will shout at the catalogue today.....
:gimi: one !

Melissa it is gorgeous! So glad you've decided to bite the bullet and get one. I don't think you'll look at all out of place and if the skirt covers places you are self-concious about then it is perfect. Are you going to the Aquadrome? It always feels a bit open when you are walking to pool from the changing-rooms there but once you are in you realise no-one is looking at you at all.
N
x

Melissa it is gorgeous! So glad you've decided to bite the bullet and get one. I don't think you'll look at all out of place and if the skirt covers places you are self-concious about then it is perfect. Are you going to the Aquadrome? It always feels a bit open when you are walking to pool from the changing-rooms there but once you are in you realise no-one is looking at you at all.
N
x

Great, thanks ! I have now ordered it :D Yippeee
:bliss:

I don't really know any of the pools round here. I don't know where the Aquadrome is even ! Is it by the bowling alley ? Is there a pool in that gym in town underground where The Mall goes into Festival place ???:confused: Need to find out now as my cossie could be here any day !:) How are you doing ?

Hi Melissa,

I don't really know any of the pools round here. I don't know where the Aquadrome is even ! Is it by the bowling alley ?

Yes!
niko3.gif

Is there a pool in that gym in town underground where The Mall goes into Festival place ???:confused:

It's due to open in March, not sure if it has yet as it keeps getting delayed. I've not heard about my kids swimming lessons there so I think maybe it's not open yet?
sport17.gif

I'm doing OK thanks. Started again today and hopefully will crack it this time:eek: . Will PM you re meeting up. Any more new clothes since the jumper?

Nat.
xx

Hi Melissa,

I don't really know any of the pools round here. I don't know where the Aquadrome is even ! Is it by the bowling alley ?

Yes!
niko3.gif

Ah ok, I think I know it then.

Is there a pool in that gym in town underground where The Mall goes into Festival place ???:confused:

It's due to open in March, not sure if it has yet as it keeps getting delayed. I've not heard about my kids swimming lessons there so I think maybe it's not open yet?
sport17.gif

Yes I keep seeing a notice int he window but nothing seems to happen.

Which is the actual local council leisure centre pool then ?

Love your swimming smilies :D

I'm doing OK thanks. Started again today and hopefully will crack it this time:eek: . Will PM you re meeting up. Any more new clothes since the jumper?

Nat.
xx

Ok look forward to it. Sure we will be able to arrange something between work and trips to Cornwall ! Won't miss up on a chance to browse the shops :D

No more new clothes....only the cossie to come from the catalogue ! Trying to be good as my notice will come all too soon and then no dosh :sigh:

Back