MelonCollie's weight loss diary. Photos of loss along the way! :)

well it's what keeps me going, seeing how far I have already come. :D

Hi, well done on your loss so far your doing fab. You can see a huge difference in your photos.
I have a 1 year old collie who is hating the hot weather. He prefers to play ball than walk which is not good for exercise for me so weve ended up playing football with him lately.

Sarah x

mine hate the heat as well.. They're mostly getting water garden play and mental stimulation now :( They refuse to walk (lay down and I won't drag them)
we do take them in the car sometimes for a run (AC on and coolbox full of water) which they like. :) I can not wait for this heat to end, even if I personally love it!

Reminds me I need to wash their bedding! Will put that on in a sec. haha :)

But yeah weight loss is going really well and I am so chuffed with it. :) Will add a new photo to my firswt post in a sec. Mum asked for me to take another lol :)

Found your diary! You're doing so well, have full faith that you'll get your 3st award soon.

I'm totally with you on the heat, we've got 2 Collies (4 and 10ish) who aren't coping very well, I'm sweltering, can't imagine what they're like under so much fluff!
XxX

Now if I said when I read that comment and my first thought was how do you think my fairy feels would that be TMI and me lowering the tone? pahahahaha xx

Hi, I'm Jo - I'm here to subscribe to your diary and hopefully get some motivation. You are doing so well x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hi Llama :D
Ours are long coated as well. They're not even wanting to walk at night, lol. :/
Going to try to get the OH to drive to the lake with the girls and I this weekend so they can have a good cool walk. It is a good 40 min drive but they like the car and it's cooler in there with the AC haha :)
Would love to see pics of yours!

Scarlet you made me choke on my drink, lol!!!!! You're amazing. :D

Hi and welcome, Jo. I'm Symone. :)
Do you have a weight loss diary? Or a food diary (reminding me to update mine. lol!) Would love to subscribe to yours as well. :D

Today for body magic I've been running around the shops abusing the £5 off fruit and veg voucher in the sun, haha. I got dirty looks when I went to the self checkouts trying to use two at once. :p OH said second was for him though ;)
Also been on the exercise bike for about 15 mins this morning.. and had to stop because Sham decided it was time to play ball. She has a habit of shoving the ball in my crotch so she nearly got hit with the pedals when she snuck up behind me!

Thinking I will have a good loss next week with how much fruit I've bought. Going to have to eat it all before it goes off after all :D
Only down side is that amount of fruit will go right through me.. lol!

If it goes through you that quick the calories won't have a chance to cling. Hurrah! xx

I can't believe how good my day has been today after that moo winding me up last night. I'm so glad I have the support here to keep me going and if ever you need to rant let me repay the cheering up because I owe you and my other mini's buddies a lot for last night and today's support xx

I'll be sure to keep you to that, haha ;)

but yeah don't worry about yesterday, you're doing amazingly well for even taking the step to lose, your consultant needs to get her back side in gear, she's not going to help anyone like this otherwise!

Glad you're having a good day :D

Hi I'm subscribing (when I find out how to!!)
Fantastic losses - well done.
I have a collie too. He has just had an op (boys stuff) so not allowed to run around. He keeps nudging my arm when I'm sewing and laying on the foot pedal. I'm doing some very wonky sewing! My weigh in tommorow . Hoping for 1 lb off. X

You either comment to subscribe or at the top of the thread click on Thread tools then Subscribe to this thread :) It's just under the title x

And poor boy! ;) I have to have my youngest spayed soon and she has really bad separation anxiety :( Asked the vet if I can stay until she is drugged up with the meds so she won't work herself into a state.. luckily they said yes :)
Have to get some weight off her, though. Less walks is taking a toll on her :( She may have to join Slimming world, haha ;)
Really can't wait for the sun to hide so she gets more again! Both refuse to walk in it. :( And mental stimulation doesn't help with the weight!

And they love making it wonky when you need to be precise.. I've noticed that too :p Cheeky little things <3 I hope it heals quickly :)

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow :D

You either comment to subscribe or at the top of the thread click on Thread tools then Subscribe to this thread :) It's just under the title x

And poor boy! ;) I have to have my youngest spayed soon and she has really bad separation anxiety :( Asked the vet if I can stay until she is drugged up with the meds so she won't work herself into a state.. luckily they said yes :)
Have to get some weight off her, though. Less walks is taking a toll on her :( She may have to join Slimming world, haha ;)
Really can't wait for the sun to hide so she gets more again! Both refuse to walk in it. :( And mental stimulation doesn't help with the weight!

And they love making it wonky when you need to be precise.. I've noticed that too :p Cheeky little things <3 I hope it heals quickly :)

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow :D

Ah thank you - that's it done - i've subscribed!

Collies are such beautiful loving loyal dogs but mine's a nervous wreck most of the time! He barks at leaves falling and goes into meltdown if he sees a buggy!!

Its good that the holidays are nice and warm for the kids on their summer break (kids in general - mine are all grown up) but I wouldn't mind it a bit cooler for the dogs .
Have a good weekend.x

Think there's a common thing with Collies, both of mine have anxiety issues, bunch of fruit loops. One goes off at motorbikes, cyclists, pigeons, the dishwasher. The other is telephones, hoovers, hairdryers, the microwave. God forbid I leave the house to get groceries!!

Eep!

Arya (youngest) is fine if she's alone with Shamaya (my other collie.) but SCREAMS the place if she's left without her.
She's scared of cats (tempted to ask a rescue if we can foster a kitten to get her over it) chickens, seagulls, sparrows, the hoover, hairdryer, the bath, the sea, getting her claws trimmed... And best bit is she has only ever had positive experiences with all of these. :confused:

Shamaya is the "ballsey geezer" even though she's female. She's not scared of anything apart from crossing the road - she'll stick to paths (which I was VERY thankful for this one time when she slipped her collar.) She ran the long way over paths just to get to under a tree in the shade. It was the beginning of the summer before it got too hot for dogs)
but yeah she's great, doesn't mind baths, doesn't care about cats even though she was attacked by one, doesn't mind birds, doesn't mind the hairdryer.. Chases the hoover!!!

I couldn't ask for two collies less alike, lol. :)

They both make good doorbells, though. :rolleyes: (even when I say hello when answering the phone!)

Love them to bits, though. :D

It's a shame most collies seem to have anxeity issues :(

Is it common for them to have anxiety. Ben is a 1 year old short haired welsh border collie but doesnt seem to be scared of anything bar the ironing board(but i am too lol) he loves water jumps in the bath with the kids. We spent yesterday afternoon down the beach he loves swimming. I honestly think he thinks hes a child. Lol.
When its too warm we take him to the river abd he plays in there wuth his frisby.

Hows your week been?

Sarah xx

Never owned a collie but my big butch american bulldog Rocco hated the hoover. Nothing scared him and we could leave him no problem at all but do the hoovering with him trying to eat the hoover was hard work! Oh and he would watch wildlife programmes and seem quite interested in them but if elephants or lions came on the hair on his back would stand up and he would growl like crazy! Not sure what it was about them because with other dogs he was the biggest softy going. He liked to chase cats but not aggressively just lions and elephants that made him territorial when he had never come into contact with any. Go figure! Daft animal but I miss him lots :( xx

Curious to know if the ones with anxiety are rescues. Think it's a lot more common in rescue dogs in general, both of ours are rescues, our little one (4 but still my baby!) had 6 different homes by the time he was 12 months old, bless, so can't really blame him for being obnoxious!

Oh Bless Lisa, how strange, elephants and lions! Funny little things!
XxX

I know of all the things to take a disliking to, odd isn't it? Elephants are so peaceful and quiet and lions okay he may have heard them growling on tv but come on as if he'd stand a chance against them haha I think I might be nearly ready to get me another fur baby you know xx

Back