Mel's food diary

Haven't had time to come on over the weekend so just catching up now!

Saturday (extra easy)

Breakfast - Mullerlight and banana

Lunch - Spaghetti on Nimble wholemeal toast (hexb) with 42g low fat cheddar (hexa)

Snack - Cous cous muffin

Dinner - Went to my Mum's and had a roast dinner and half a glass of red wine(6 syns). I ate a normal roast and didn't work out syns I'm afraid. I am consoling myself with the fact that I managed to resist the gorgeous pudding and had 10 syns left over from Friday, 9 syns from saturday and I didn't use any on Sunday either so I'm hoping that I broke fairly even.

Sunday (extra easy)
Breakfast - Mullerlight and banana

Lunch - Rice Salad (1 syn) and mullerlight

Dinner - Morrisons syn free sausage casserole made with baked beans and tinned tomatoes with cous cous, cabbage and sweetcorn.
(Didn't use any of my hex's today. Don't know why was just soo busy and didn't plan my day properly).

And today's food (green)-

Breakfast - Fresh pineapple and mullerlight

Lunch - 3 ryvita (hexb) with 2 extra light laughing cows (2 syns), syn free quiche with baked beans. Muller light.

Snack - satsuma

Dinner - Spaghetti carbonara made with quark, extra lean bacon (hexb and a 4 syns), 1 egg, 84g low fat cheddar (2xhexa) and loads of salt and pepper (was really scrummy)
Glass of red wine (6syns)

Pudding - frozen mullerlight

Total syns - 12

Tuesday's food (green day)

Breakfast - Porridge (hexb) made with water and splenda

Lunch - spaghetti on Nimble wholemeal toast (hexb). Mullerlight and banana

Snack - satsuma

Dinner - 3 meat free Morrisons frozen sausages (1.5 syns), jacket potato and Branston sweet chilli soya beans (free). 84g low fat cheese (2xhexa)

Snack - Seeds of change fig and orange chocolate 50g (14 syns)

Total syns - 15.5

Yesterdays food was as follows (extra easy)

Breakfast - porridge (hexb)

Lunch - Small jacket potato with baked beans and 42g low fat cheddar (hexa). |Muller light and satsuma.

Dinner - Rocket, spinach and watercress salad with tomato, chicken breast and slimming world chips. 3 tbsps extra light mayo (1.5 syns)

Glass of wine (12 syns) and 1 extra light babybel (3 syns)

Total syns 16.5

And today I had (extra easy)

Breakfast - mullerlight and banana

Lunch - lean bacon, 2 meat free sausages (1 syn), 2 eggs, 2 slices of nimble wholemeal toast (having 2 hexbs as not having a hexa today), plum tomatoes.

Dinner - Homemade chicken soup (with loads of veg in including swede, carrots, parsnip, leeks, onion, potato) with 4 slices of nimble wholemeal (remainder of hexb)
Snack - satsuma

Pudding - 1 jam doughnut (11 syns)

Total syns - 12

Hello Mel2

I started SW a couple of weeks after you. Your food diary has inspired me! I'm going to try the syn free pancakes and the couscous muffins.

Good luck! I made the muffin mix last night and instead of putting it in muffin cases I baked it in a small loaf tin. It looks lovely but I haven't tried it yet. I put nutmeg. a chopped cooking apple and 28g of sultanas in it this time and it smelt lovely while cooking.

OK will try this - thanks! At the moment I'm in the middle of cooking very unSW friendly chocolate brownies and a raspberry pavlova. Nightmare!

A green day today =

Breakfast - porridge(hexb)

Lunch - 3 wholegrain ryvitas (hexb) with 2 extra light laughing ciws(2 syns), satsuma and a large slice of apple and sultana couscous cake (1 syn)

Dinner - pumpkin risotto with 84g low fat cheddar(2xhexa)

Pudding - 1 Sainsburys meringue nest (2.5syns), half a pot of fat free greek yoghurt and a pile of frozen raspberries

35mls vodka with diet pepsi (4 syns)

Total syns - 9.5

Today was extra easy again.

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - large salad with rocket, watercress, spinach and tomato and a couple of sprays of Ceaser Salad light. Small bowl of leftover pumpkin risotto.

Snack - 1 slice of couscous cake (1 syn) and 2 satsumas

Dinner - Massive bowl of homemade syn free chicken soup (everyone else had KFC so I had loads of soup so that I was so full I wouldn't want to pick at the leftover chicken!), 4 slices of Nimble wholemeal (2 hexbs as not having hexa today).

Pudding - 1 Tesco Finest mince pie (11 syns) and 35mls vodka(4 syns) with diet coke .

Total syns - 16

Sunday(extra easy)

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - homemade sun free chicken soup.2slices nimble wholemeal bread

Snack - 1 slice couscous cake(1 syn)

Dinner - chicken roast with potatoes,cauli,swede and peas. Gravy made with bisto best and little bit of chicken juices. Everything free except gravy. Not sure how many syns but have 14 left so hopefully that covers it.

Pudding - sun free pancakes, Greek 0% yoghurt with lots of frozen cherries

Total syns - I will say 15 as not sure about the gravy!

Monday (extra easy)

Breakfast - porridge. Was running late and ended up only eating about a quarter of it

Snack - banana

Lunch - rocket, spinach, watercress salad with chicken and rice. Mullerlight and fresh melon chunks

Snack - 2 satsumas

Dinner - pumpkin risotto with 45g low fat cheddar

Glass red wine (12 syn)

Total syns - 12

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you're eating a really wide variety of food and enjoying it too!! I write everything down (have been doing SW for 6 weeks now) and it really keeps me focussed!! I hope to continue to do so! The rule I have is if I don't want to write it down, it doesn't go in my mouth!! So far it's working for me (slowly but surely!!)X

The muffin mix is exactly the same as the couscous cake one, just in muffin cases instead of a cake tin! The recipe's on this forum somewhere but basically you cook 1 cup of couscous (I put it in a bowl and pour in some boiling water so it's about 5mm above the couscous then cover with clingfilm. Leave for 5 minutes, take off the cling film and let cool. Once cool, add an egg, vanilla essence, sweetener such as splenda (I use quite a lot as I like it sweet) and mullerlight vanilla yoghurt (you don't need a whole pot - just enough to mix it all up well). Add whatever flavourings you like (fruit etc although as it's cooked you will need to syn it) and bake on 180 until golden brown on top. Not as nice as proper cake but ok and syn free except for the fruit you add to it.

Tuesday (extra easy)

Breakfast - slice of couscous cake (1syn) and a muller light

Lunch - 2 slices of Nimble wholemeal bread (hexb) and a tin of Branston Vegetable ravioli (1 syn). Mullerlight, grapes and satsuma.

Dinner - Chicken, tomato, mushroom and cheese (hexa) omelette with a jacket potato, 1tbsp utterly butterly (4 syns) and baked beans.

Snack - 2 Tesco Lighter Choices carrot and orange slices with yoghurt topping (2x 5 syns). Yum they were lovely! Perfect with a cup of tea!

Total syns - 16

And today was extra easy again -

Breakfast - last bit of my apple and sultana couscous cake (1 syn) and a banana

Lunch - Baked beans on toast (hexb). 2 plums.

Snack - Go Ahead bar (can't remember what they're called at the moment!) - (4syns)

Dinner - Lasagne (with hexa cheese plus reduced fat mozarella (5syns)) with watercress and tomato salad.
Half a glass of red wine (6 syns)

Pudding - big wedge of melon

Total syns - 15

Breakfast - banana

Brunch - 2 x meat free sausages (1 syn), lean bacon, 2 x eggs, 2 pieces of wholemeal toast (hexb), tomatoes, baked beans.

Snacks - 1 pear, 1 satsuma and a small bunch of grapes

Dinner - Lasagne and watercress and tomato salad again as I enjoyed it so much yesterday! ( cheese = hex a plus 5 syns for some extra mozarella).
1 crusty bread roll (8 syns) and 2 tsp of utterly butterly (2 syns)

Total syns - 16

Yesterday's food -

Yesterday my was my hardest day yet and was full of temptation and I must admit I really struggled and went to bed feeling very sorry for myself! Feeling brighter today though.

Breakfast - diced melon with mullerlight

Snack - Mince pie (just got plonked on my desk at work. No-one knows I'm dieting as I like to keep things like that to myself and so I ate it rather than say anything. Thats where my day started going wrong as I usually keep my syns till the evening to avoid any accidents at my weakest time, hence the struggling for the rest of the day).

Lunch - low fat super noodles (free), apple, mullerlight and banana

More snacks - had to take my son to a footie match after work which finished at 7.30pm and was starving before so had 2 satsumas, another banana and loads of grapes.

Dinner - carbonara made with quark and hex a cheese and hexb bacon

Pudding - vanilla muller light and frozen raspberries.

Then an early night as a damage limitation measure! My hubby got out the pringles and the wine and I just couldn't sit there and watch him eating/drinking them!

Total syns - not sure what brand the mine pie was so allowing 15 for it just to be safe!

Last edited:
Saturdays food -

Breakfast - none as got up too late for it!!!!!

Lunch - Jacket potato with tuna mixed with quark and diced green pepper. Large salad.

Snack - satsuma

Dinner - It's my son's 10th birthday on Monday and we promised him he could go out wherever he liked to eat. He chose the local Harvester. Went there with the best intentions, even taking my salad light spray for the salad but it didn't go to plan. My hubby started telling me he doesn't know why I'm dieting as he likes me the way I am (which is great I know but it didn't help my willpower!!!) and said that it's a special occasion so I should just enjoy it. I ended up having a salad which was all fine, with some of the harvester's salad dressing (only a tiny bit), a wholemeal roll (hexb) and sweet chilli and red onion chicken with corn on the cob and (OMG dare I say this)? proper chips :eek:
I enjoyed it sooo much! I didn't have a pudding but waited til I got in and mixed some greek 0% yoghurt with lemon juice and sweetnener then crumbled in a meringue nest (3syns). Yum it was lovely!

So total syns - I dread to think!!!!

Today so far -

Breakfast - up too late for it again!

Lunch - Roast pork, all fat removed. Frylight roasties, cabbage, carrots and peas. Gravy (bisto best - 4 syns)
Small glass of red wine (7syns)

Dinner - cheese and bacon toasted sandwich (bread hex b and cheese hexa). Mullerlight (2syns) and a banana.

Total syns - 13

Last edited:
And today (green)-

breakfast - 28g porridge (hexb)with water and splenda

Lunch - 2 fried eggs(done with frylight) on 2 pieces of Nimble wholemeal (hexb), a couple f tinned plum tomaotes and a few left over baked beans. Plus 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn).

Snack - mullerlight

Dinner - slimming world chips with tinned spaghetti and a cheese and mushroom omelette (hexa)

Pudding - 1 smallish slice of chocolate birthday cake (it's my son's 10th birthday today).

Total syns - Reckon my piece of cake was roughly 15 syns ish plus the ketchup from earlier is 16 syns ish

Back