Mel's Food Diary

Thursday - green day

Breakfast - banana and coconut Muller (0.5syn)

Lunch - leftover pasta and ratatouille. Pear.

Dinner -actifry chips(3 syns) with pizza (mung bean base with passata, tomatoes mushroom and courgettes and mozzarella(2hexa).

Supper - kellogs fibreplus bar(hexb)

Syns. 3.5

Can't believe I missed a hexb today -wish I'd had it for breakfast - hate wasting them!

Last edited:
The less said about Friday and Saturday the better! Hoping that the nominal syns throughout the days before might have helped!

Sunday - green

Late Breakfast. - beans on toast (hexb) with a proper fried egg (0.5syn)

Snack - sweet + spur mugshot

Dinner - macaroni cheese (made with 2hexa and 1hexb cheese, egg, mustard powder and natural fat free yoghurt

Pudding - coconut Muller (0.5 syn)

Syns 1

Last edited:
Monday - extra easy

Breakfast - banana and onken fat free mango and apple yoghurt

Snack - apple

Lunch - wholemeal Roll (hexb plus 3 syns) split and toasted and topped with ham and poached egg. Tomato ketchup (1 syn).large orange.

Snack - crabstick and 3 falafels (3 syns)

Dinner - coq au vin ( syns for red wine 3) with steamed new potatoes and cabbage and mangetout

Pudding - meringue nest (2.5 syns) with fresh raspberries and coconut Muller 0.5 syn)

Syns -13

Last edited:
Tuesday - extra , easy

Put on 1.8lbs today. Went to a party at the weekend and drank far too much!

Breakfast - clementine, onken ff mango and apple yoghurt (this is gorgeous. Had never bought it before this week )scanbran banana cake (half hexb + 2 syns)

Snack - banana

Lunch - ham salad with ainsley Harriet moroccan medley cous cous(0.5 syn) and coconut Muller (0.5syn).pear.

Snack - grapes and 2 maltesers (not sure on syns although guessing not more than 2)

Dinner -pork fillets with new potatoes cooked in the actifry with frylight and salad.ÉL Mayo (1 syn)

Supper - crunchie (9 syns)

Syns - 15

Last edited:
Wednesday - extra easy

Breakfast - scan bran banana cake (half hexb and 2 syns). Mango + apple ff yoghurt

Snack - banana

Lunch - pork fillets with salad and couscous. Large grapefruit and shape delight yoghurt 0.5 syns)

Snack - biscuit 4 syns and alpen light (half hexb)

Dinner -pasta with homemade ratatouille and cheese(hexa plus 6 syns)

Choc brownie options 3syns
Syns - 15.5

Last edited:
Thursday - greenday

Breakfast - large grapefruit and ff yoghurt

Snack - fibreplus bar (hexb)

Lunch - couscous salad and a tin of tesco beef ravioli as still hungry! Ff yoghurt

Snack - pear and grapes

Dinner - ratatouille and spaghetti with grated cheese (2hexb)

Snack - minstrels 15 syns

Total 15

Last edited:
Friday - extraeasy

Breakfast - scan bran banana cake 2 syns and half hexb

Lunch - sweet potato chips and ham, mushroom and cheese (hexa) quiche with mungbean pastry (was a bit of an experiment - if it works ill post my recipe).

Dinner - stirfry with turkey breast and soy sauce(half hexb)

Pudding - strawberries

Supper - red wine (4.5 syns) and a bit of smoked mackeral (2.5 syns) and a bag of walkers prawn cocktail crisps (6.5 syns)Weird combination but just what I fancied!

Syns 15.5

Last edited:
Saturday - extra easy

Breakfast - onken ff yoghurt

Lunch - beans on toast (hexb) and a pear

Snack - crabstick, pear, clementine

Dinner - extra lean beef chilli with rice and cheese(hexa). Slice of garlic pizza bread (9 syns)

Pudding - massive bowl of fresh raspberries and strawberries with sweetener

Supper - skinny cow choc brownie icecream (4.5 syns)
Syns - 13.5

Last edited:
Sunday - extra easy

Breakfast - ff onken yoghurt and an humungous kiwi fruit

Lunch - mung bean wrap filled with sliced turkey and rocket and a tbsp el mayo 0.5 syn). Orange and fibre plus bar (hexb)

Snack - I've baked 3 cakes today. One for hubby + son, one to take to work and one for hubby to take to work. I don't plan on eating more than 1 slice but I did lick the spatula and cleaned the bowl! I won't have many syns today and hopefully that will cover it!

Dinner - sausages (1.5 syns)actifry chips (3 syns oil) and baked beans

Pudding - raspberries

Syns 5 plus whatever the cake mixture was i- hopefully not too many!

Last edited:
Monday - extra easy

Breakfast - banana, grapefruit and ff yoghurt

Snack - small slice of one of the apple and orange zest cakes I made yesterday (15ish syns ish)

Lunch - cous cous with ratatouille. Kiwi fruit and half an orange leftover from the cakemaking yesterday!). Yoghurt.

Dinner - extra lean beef mince chilli with rice. (really shouldn't be eating this but hadnt had beef for about 6 months before the weekend and having terrible cravings for it - promise won't eat it again for a long time. I find sticking to SW difficult enough but have also had to modify my diet for medical reasons which makes life slightly more difficult especially when I know that its something Sw friendly -very frustrating!).cheese (hexa)

Syns 15ish

Dreading weigh in in the morning. Have made a real effort all week and the only time I've gone over is possibly today with the cake. I really need a loss as motivation to keep going!

Last edited:
Tuesday - extra easy

Gutted :eek:( I've only lost 0.2lb. Beginning to wonder why I'm doing this. If I don't get a good loss next week I'm going to throw in the towel.

Breakfast - porridge with raspberries and a broken up scan bran(hexb)

Lynch - ainsley harriot spice medley couscous(0.5syn) with ratatouille. Shape delight yoghurt (0.5syn)

Snack - carrot sticks(managed to avoid a gorgeous looking buffet at work - very proud of myself)

Dinner - spicy vegetable rice (with courgette, pepper, spinach, onion, chillii, carrot, tomato, garlic,passata and a stock cube) with pork fillet and brocolli.

Supper - apple and 28g cheddar cheese (hexa) with a glass of wine (9 syns)

Late pudding as I fancied something sweet! - sweet soufflé omelette flavoured with orange zest and drizzled with 2 tbsp maple syrup(4 syns)

Syns - 14

Last edited:
Wednesday - extra easy

Breakfast - porridge with scan bran (hexb)and mixed berries

I then went for a long walk with my dog after downloading a new app for my Blackberry. It's called Endomondo and it's a personal trainer app. I really need to get a bit fitter and plus I need a weight loss boost. Due to a heart condition I can't do any vigorous exercise but I can walk and this app uses GPS and your stats (height&weight etc) to tell you how far you've walked, speed and calories burnt etc. I ended up walking 5 miles because it tells you when you reach each mile and after each one I thought I'll just do one more... I was so proud of myself when I got in as I honestly didn't think I'd get that far! And it burnt over 500 calories!!! So chuffed!

Lunch when I got back was a large salad (lettuce, rocket, onion, tomato, leftover cold new potatoes) with leftover pork, low fat feta cheese (hexa) and balsamic vinegar. A grapefruit.

Snack - peach

Dinner -sausage casserole (made with low fat sausages(1.5 syns for 3), tinned tomatoes, baked beans, onion, garlic, herbs and a stock cube) with rice.

Supper - boost choccie bar (15 syns)

Syns 16.5

Last edited:
Thursday - extra easy

Breakfast - porridge with berries and scan bran (hexb)

Lynch - pork, salad and rice with light salad cream(1.5 syns). Shape delight (0.5 syn) and melon

Snack - banana and peach

Dinner - spicy vegetable rice (as per tuesday) with chicken breast, a corn on the cob and brocolli and cheese(hexa)

Pudding - shape delight (0.5 syn)

Supper - nature valley crunchy ginger nut crunch (9.5 syns)

Syns - 12

Last edited:
Friday - green day

Breakfast - bananas on toast(hexb) with maple syrup (3syns) and cinnamon

Lunch - Leftover spicy rice wIth salad and light feta cheese(hexa) shape delight (0.5 syn) and melon

Snack - peach

Dinner - 2 old style quorn sausages with actifry chips (3syns) and a frylight eggs. tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Tiny slice of cake - literally 2 bites worth - not sure how many syns

Supper - ready prepared fresh fruit pack from tesco

Syns 8.5 + cake syns

Last edited:
Saturday - red day

Breakfast - prepared fruIt pack from tesco and a banana

Lunch - whoelmeal toast (hexb) with poached egg and ham . Tomato ketchup (1 syn). Ff yoghurt.

Went for a 3.8 mile walk with my dog and the app on my blackberry says I burnt 561 calories - well chuffed with myself!

Snack - crabbsticks

Dinner - pork steaks with actifry celariac chips(3 syns for oil) frylighted egg and mushrooms. Tomato ketchup (1 Syn)

Pudding - strawberries with ff yoghurt and 2 meringue nests (5 syns)
Supper - cheese on toast (hexb andn2hexas)

Syns so far - 10

Last edited:
Sunday -green day

Breakfast - porridge with water, sweetener and cinnamon. Cooked then - grated an apple into it. Was lovely.

Yet another long walk - clocked up 3.8 miles and burnt over 500 cals - if I don't have a good loss this week I'm not gonna be happy!

Lunch - spaghetti on toast (hexb) and cheese(hexA)
I was going to have an extra easy day but ate brad for lunch forgetting that I had porridge for breakfast so now I'm having a green day! Yoghurt and orange

Dinner - pasta with homemade tomato sauce annd cheese ( hexa)

Pudding - strawberrIes with ff yoghurt and 1 meringue nest (2.5 syns)

Snack - small kit kat 5.5 syns

Syns 8

Last edited:
Monday - red day

Breakfast - porridge with scan bran (hexb) and rspberries

Lunch - chicken and egg salad with balsamic vinegar. Grapefruit and shape delight yoghurt (0.5syn)

Snack - banana

Dinner - pork steaks with actifry chips made with frylight and skin Left on potato (hexb) and brocolli and hardboiled egg cheese bake ( I precooked the brocolli then cooled and put in a dish with a chopped hard boiled egg then mixed natural ff yoghurt with an egg, mustard powder, salt, pepper and greted cheese(2 hexa) and poured it over thE brocolli , sprinkled with more cheese(6 syns)and baKed for 20 mins. Yum!

Snack - 2 small kitkats (11 syns)

Syns 17.5

Aaarrgg weigh in in the morning!

Last edited:
Woo hoo! 4.2 lbs off today!!! The walking obviously kick started things again. Just need to keep it up now!

Tuesday - green day

Breakfast - porridge (hexb) with sweetener and water and cinniamon and grated apple

Lunch - jacket potato with beans andcheese(2hexa). Kiwi fruit and grapefruit. Yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Snack - apple and fibreplus bar(hexb)

Dinner - quorn sausages(old style so free) with frylight actifry chips and frylight eggs. Brown sauce (3 syns)

Snack - chocolate 15syns

Syns- 18.5

Last edited:
WednEsday - extra easy

Breakfast - bananas on toast(hexb) with golden syrup(2syns) And cinnamon

Lunch - pork salad with a pot of tesco finest morrocon couScous salad (2.5syns). Grapefruit and ff yoghurt

Dinner -homemade 3 bean chilli with rice and cheese (hexa)

Supper - skinny cow icecream(4.5syns) and small KItkat (5.5 syns)

Syns 14.5 so far

Last edited:
Thursday - green day

Breakfast - porridge with scan bran, water and sweeetener and topped with raspberries.

Walked 3.5 miles
Snack - banana

Lunch - Omelette with fresh chilli, courgette, yellow pepper, mushrooms, onions and cheese (hexa). Corn on the cob.

Dinner - 3 bean chilli with rice and cheese (hexa)

Supper - ff yoghurt and kellogs fibre plus bar (hexb)

Syns - 0

Last edited:
Back