Memoirs of a girl called FUNCURLS!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi all, I'm Heather and I'm a foodaholic!! I embarked on my SW journey on 26th October 2009 and have been a member of Minimins since then! I am LOVING SW with a passion and I never want to go back to the way I was eating before! It's been a huge revelation for me and I honestly can say hand on heart that I think I can keep this up for life!! Of course there are always going to be times when things don't go to plan but I'm hoping I'm finally learning the nack of getting back on track after derailing!!

So anyway, I've always kept a weight loss diary at home- Every week after WI I write down how I'm feeling and how I'm going to tackle the next week and how I can overcome obstacles etc! I also set myself minigoals and get a buzz from ticking them off as I acheive them!! But I've never thought to do one on here, and Ellebear has enticed me, so I'm going to start!!

I am pleased as punch with my loss of 39.5 lb which is an average of 1.46lb a week (what a nerd!!!) I still want to lose another 32.5 lb but it's nice to know I'm well over half way there now!! I was doing mainly Extra Easy but these past couple of weeks I've been trying my hand at red days and I'm really liking them! Mind you I think I like all 3 plans- I like all food so it's great for me!! So much choice!

This week I lost 3lb which I was very pleased about having had a naughty week with lots of things on the previous week and gaining 1.5lb! But it's the first time since Christmas/New Year that I'd had a good blow out! I really enjoyed it but it was also lovely to get back on track and back in control again!! My mini-goals are as follows:-
-1lb will get me down into the 12 stone range!!! Can't wait!
-2.5lb will get me my 3 stone shiny purple sticker!! Really excited about that one!!

Watch this space................

Hello heather..:)
Well done on your loss this week and welcome to our world...
have a nice day x

Ooh thanks Fuzzy!! You're my first visitor to my diary!! How exciting!! I can't believe where the last 6 months have gone!! I love SW so much! Thanks for the rep by the way!!!XXX

Good for you!
I think keeping a diary is a brilliant way to keep track of your journey.

Hey you! I cant believe you only have 2.5lb to go till your 3st sticker! get you! I bet you feel tons better for losing that! bet ya look amazing too!!

Hows the Oh doing? Ican't rember whether he was following it with you or not?!?! Im so scatter brained!

you over half way to target!!! thats amazing! just think you could be at target by xmas!! how scary is that! keep up the diary chick! i love nosing into other peoples lives :D

Hiya funcurls, looking forward to reading your diary, got some good ideas from your posts in other threads so will be checking back for brainwaves on here to x

Dunno bout brainwaves Snugs! LOL!! But I do love my cookin'!! Heeeey Kissme, how are you doin? It's lovely to see you back, hopefully with a vengeance!! Are things a bit better for you at the moment- I know you've been having a hard time!! Any news on jobs? My dh isn't doing it with me, but should be, if you know what I mean!! He's got to be ready in his own head! Obviously he's eating the food I cook, but it's what he does with the rest of his day that's totally out of my radar!! Very bad habits!! Yeh I'm chuffed to be writin a bit of a blog- never really thought to do it!!X

Hello sweety! You've done amazingly well! I'll be an avid reader xxx

Dunno bout brainwaves Snugs! LOL!! But I do love my cookin'!! Heeeey Kissme, how are you doin? It's lovely to see you back, hopefully with a vengeance!! Are things a bit better for you at the moment- I know you've been having a hard time!! Any news on jobs? My dh isn't doing it with me, but should be, if you know what I mean!! He's got to be ready in his own head! Obviously he's eating the food I cook, but it's what he does with the rest of his day that's totally out of my radar!! Very bad habits!! Yeh I'm chuffed to be writin a bit of a blog- never really thought to do it!!X

Yeah we are great infact, I'm doing a temp job atm so that easies a little of the financial strain but iv paid off all my debt so we dont really have too many outgoings! I love to have a good old panic about things! And hell yeah I'm back with a vengeance! as always!

Tim did his secondement in warrington and if he gets his bussiness degree in the next 2 years instead of being part of the new team he will be running it! which means an increase of 85k a year if he can bag this degree!! He has alot to prove and do but it will be amazing if it happens! still to early to say tho.

all my love xxx

Thanks for the msgs visitors!!

So today is my last day off in a row of 5, which has been bliss!! I've done pretty well foodwise too, considering I was off over the BH weekend! My worst time seems to be when I'm hanging around the house! I have no kids, my dh works Mon-Fri so the house is my own! That's when I feel like picking and frequent visits to the kitchen are made!!! The way I usually overcome this is to either make sure I'm not in the house much (meeting up with friends, going for long walks etc). But sometimes I want to be in the house! So when I am I try and keep busy doing chores, reading, catching up on business stuff on the computer (holiday cottages that we run). I don't keep much naughty stuff in the house and I make sure I have plenty to eat at mealtimes!! I think it's the secret for me!! Eat really well at mealtimes so I don't feel like picking! I did just help myself to a Mars Miniroll (bought at the weekend purely for dh- I just couldn't resist) and I did only have 3 syns yesterday so I was definitely allowed it! It went down smashingly with a cup of coffee reading my book New Moon! I still haven't learned the nack of guilt-free eating! I think that's something that 'normal' people who have never had an overeating problem just don't have an issue with! There is no guilt- they eat when they're hungry, have a treat when they really want it, and cut back somewhere else without even being that conscious of it! So I'm working on this approach! Having had food issues for years and years I think it'll be a hard one to crack, but I believe we can all change!!

I find being in work so much easier foodwise! I prepare lots of nice things, including snacks to tide me over and I know where I am!! Off I go with my personal fridge (my big coolbag) and I'm sorted! The only challenge is saying no to all the biscuits and chocs we get given to us by patients and relatives! ( I have one if I feel I can afford it)!

So I just had a big salad with tikka chunky chicken and lots of salad cream (Heinz extra light- 2 syns for 2 tbspns) and on this evening's menu is tomato, bacon & lentil soup (from Extra Easy cookbook) followed by fresh tuna steak with red onion, coriander and lime with veggies.

hiya funcurls, or is it heather? Call me Tina, thanks for the link, ive just had 5 days off too. back to work tomorrow for me though. plenty of chickpea dahl loaf to take with me as my lunch, and for my sis as well (shes following SW as well!) Good luck getting your purple sticker! it seems like such a long time ago I got my 2 stone (last April!) but I am determined to get there and beyond!! xx

You can call me Heather or Funcurls, whichever you're in the mood for at the time!! I know, I always dread going back after a good spell off!! But I don't have to leave the house until 11am (voting on my way) then start work at 12 noon til 8pm then nights fri, sat and sun!! So as long as I'm organised on the food front everything should be fine & dandy!! I have every faith in you that you'll do it, as long as you stay focussed on your minigoals, and as long as you see it as a long term, permanent change, which I think is where a lot of people go wrong (me in the past included!!) XXX

Well it's been another 100% day for me today!! I had my brekkie at 10am, started work at Midday, and because we were so flat out with some very poorly patients I didn't get to have a break until 6pm when I was positively STARVING!! I get frustrated sometimes when this happens as it's not the healthiest way! It sounds like a good way to get the weight off, but I always wonder if it's having the adverse effect of sending my body into starvation mode= weight gain!! Hopefully not! I made up for it with a lovely tuna steak with teriyaki sauce and stirfried veg that I cooked up this morning before leaving the house!! I saved my chicken salad pitta and Ryvita Minis for when I got home from the pub which was ridiculously late (11pm) but a woman's gotta eat and I'm now in night shift mode preparing for the weekend stint! Doesn't really matter what time I go to bed- the later the better really but I will have to have a sleep tomorrow to really get into the groove! Going to make an SW quiche tomorrow and trying it using smoked salmon and dill which I've never done before!! I love SW quiches- they're so filling......and free which is always a bargain! I will also slow-cook a chicken (in the slow-cooker) as this will feed my hungry hubby when I've gone to work in the evening and will serve me well too over the next couple of days in pittas for work/salads/snacks!!

Your so organised!! i dont think i could od your shifts let alone follow sw whilst doing it!! keep it up hun your an inspiration :)

Your so organised!! i dont think i could od your shifts let alone follow sw whilst doing it!! keep it up hun your an inspiration :)

Aww thanks hun!! I have to say that organisation is the key for me!! I'm not organised enough to plan the whole week ahead like some people do ( I have to be in the mood for certain things)- but I have an idea of what kind of things I'm going to cook and make sure I'm always topped up with fruit & veg, eggs, meat and fish of different kinds (some of which I keep in the freezer), yogurts, HEXa cheeses, HEXb treats like HIFIs, Alpen Lights and Kelloggs Fibre Plus and keep minimal naughty things in the house! Thanks for your kind words Kissme, and glad everything is lookin brighter for you hun!! You can do this!!XXX

I know me and Eleebear were having a convo about motivation earlier and yeah I feel motivated like Iddi the first time :D

Yeah I do the same and then I run out inspiration lol i must make more effort lol

Altho I had a lovely BNS rissotto last night! that is about as organised as i get im afraid. think i need a kick up the bum to get more organised really lol! keep up the great work hun!!!

xxx

Feeling great tonight as lost another 2lb, taking me down into the 12 stone range, which I thought was well beyond my capability when I jumped on the scales 6 months ago and saw 15 st 12 lb flashing before my eyes! Whilst it's a lovely feeling going down into that next stone range, I'm a teenyweeny bit disappointed by not quite getting my 3 stone award tonight as I'm now just 1/2 lb away, but I'm being a sillly billy here as of course there's always next week!!

Tonight was a lovely evening because it was the end of the 12 week beating obesity in the community campaign and to mark it we took food in and also had Man of the Year presentation and other prizes!! Not only did I get Slimmer of the Week and therefore the food basket, I also won a £10 M&S voucher in the raffle and was presented with flowers by my lovely consultant Alicia for helping her out in class ( I do the weighing). So all in all a really feel good night and makes me feel all gooey inside because I'm loving SW so much and being part of such a lovely community, both in my class and here on Minimins!!

I think that the red days have suited me as I feel far less bloated than I have done previously, so I think I'll do a mixture of red and EE this week and see what happens on the scales next week! I'm going to aim for another 2lb loss next week! I definitely have to get that last 1/2 lb off to achieve my 3 stone purple sticky but it's good to aim high I reckon!! I haven't got too many obstacles in my way this week! I'm meeting friends at the Harvester for lunch on Wednesday but it's easy enough to be SW compatible there!! Chicken, steak, tuna steak or salmon with jacket potato and salad!! Then I'm eating out again on Saturday for a friend's birthday but I'll just choose wisely and I'll be driving so there'll be no drinking!!

Back