menstural cycle & lipotrim?

getnther

can anyone tell me if approaching time of month can affect weightloss, at my first wi i lost 9lb, missed mon past due back now on fri so that will be 11 days since last wi but i only appear to have lost about 3lb! period is due this w/end :cry: i'm doing maintainance can it do harm if i dont have second shake eg.today i had shake for breakfast healthy lunch and at teatime ate 1 fishfinger drinking loads of water though

Yeah TOTM can affect weight loss as you could be retaining water. We all vary with TOTM, I tend to retain the week before, some women retain the week they are on, so that could be what is affecting the scales, but try not to fret about it, wait for your official WI.

As for skipping meals and just having a fish finger - well really Lipotrim should be retraining our bodies to have our shakes/meals at regular(ish) times and by replacing one of your shakes/meals for a fish finger could be leaving your body lacking in sufficient nutrients.

Really we want to be using our time on lipotrim to have your shakes/meals at regular times so when we go onto maintenance/re-feed we dont go back to old habits which got all of us here in the first place.

I cant see one day making a great deal of difference, but just try not to do this on a regular basis.

Good luck for WI on Friday.

Looking at my pattern of weight loss, I only manage 2-3lbs during my TOTM, which happens every 3 weeks and is a pain in the ar*e!!

thanks kered and slimmabum, very helpful i did notice by looking at some of the trackers that very often every 3 or 4 wks weight loss would be slightly less and imagined this would be due to totm, must go and get my choc mousse! thanks again x

Well I just had my first period (slight) for 23 months, (54 and 2 years into the menopause), imagine my surprise!!!!! But still managed 4.5 lbs loss. So try not to focus on the low-ish weight loss for that particular week, you will still lose more weight in a month than any other diet on the planet.....trust me, I've tried 'em all!!!!!!

When I started lipotrim (first time) I had a 'show' of a period which lasted a few days then nothing until i came off it. When I came off it the 2 I had after were very heavy. I had one the last week (the first restart weighin) and I had STS since she last weighed me 6 weeks ago. I have a normal 21 day cycle (quite short) so am hoping that the losses dont stay low every three weeks! But I think it tends to even itself out if you look at the bigger picture xxx

Before starting LT i hadnt had a totm for 3 years nearly so i was upset when i got one in my second week!!
I have now done 7 full weeks on LT and have had a totm for 4whole weeks out of the 7 and my weight lossess have been pretty steady and even.

totm might not affect you but then again it might. Everyones body is different.

this subject is driving me nuts, I'm having phantom TOTM, all the symptoms, bloated, ratty, stomach cramps, sore boobs for 5 days and no period, and only lost a pound at weigh in, and yes I'm drinking enough water, even the pharmasist has said I've got a eratic pattern of weight loss, bloody typical

week 1 - 5lb
week 2 - 5lb
week 3 - 5lb
week 4 - 1lb
week 5 - 6 and half lb
week 6 - 1lb

Kimmi - how is your weight loss eratic?
From what i can see you have lost 23lbs in 6 weeks! :eek: That's amazing and nothing eratic about that! It might be you lose little one week and bigger the next but i reckon thats about 'normal' for someone on a TFR diet :)

Hi summergurl, the pharmasist said it woz eratic and she would have expected a pattern to have emerged, I just car'nt get my head round the fact that I'm having exactly the same day in day out, yet the loss is different from one week to the next. It really gets me down when i have a low loss and i struggle the following week, lets hope next weeks weigh in i have a decent loss, sorry if i've been a moaning sod this week

my cycle is so irregular at the mo , its since i had the implant in my arm (form of contraception) and when i first started lipotrim my periods stopped all together, then on my week 9 i was ill and had to come off the diet and eat with my antibiotics ..... anyway my period came straight back on within 2 days of coming off TFR i still lost a great 4lb when it was totm and i was ill im on the shakes again now but still on totm and last week i lost 3.5lb which is also a great loss. I guess everyone is different some people still have a good loss , some stay the same, and some actually gain. it all depends on your body xx

Back