Total Solution Mere's Diary

Your grandson's will love it :D

Having a holiday & then still fitting into size tens sound good to me Mere.

Well done on getting to the gym too x

Hols sound lovely except for the hurt leg bit. You sounded very good food wise! Well done in fitting in your 10s still ! They will be perfect fit again in no time. I don't think the waist would go around my thigh! Enjoy quizzing your grandsons.

Thanks ladies, I will WI tomorrow before I go off to Fife. I have had a very stressful couple of days and feel all the good the holiday did is now gone. I discovered by chance that my electricity meter has been being read wrongly for the last few years. Someone at least 4 years ago included the last two red digits so my bills have been 100 times higher than they should have been!
I only discovered this when I calculated the last bill and it was going to be over £3000 for the last quarter, what a shock, I know it is the winter quarter but that was ridiculous. Turns out it should have been £30. Hubby was threatening to turn off the hot tub and all sorts of things.
Anyway today I was hitting my head off a brick wall trying to get someone from the three companies I used in that time to investigate the discrepancy. Long story short Citizen's Advice told me to scan a picture of my earliest bill showing the reading and also to take a picture of the meter today. Apparently all three companies are held responsible because they each sent out meter readers who all just went with the flow and no one queried why my usage had jumped.
Citizen Advice bloke says it will take some time but I am entitled to all the money I have over paid and also for compensation although I was partly at fault too. The bills from the last year alone have an overpayment of between £500 and £600 so I should have a tidy wee sum coming to me in the next couple of months. My fingers are crossed! x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oo that's exciting mere :) should get interest on it too!

I don't know about getting interest but when I get back from Fife I will sit with a calculator and try to work out what I have over paid. I feel stupid not realising what was happening but everyone has gone on about the cost of fuel and how it has jumped. Also although I have solar panels I was not considering the impact they should have on my bills I was really only interested in the feedback tariffs I was getting. Just shows though how careful you have to be. x

That's great news Mere. It'll be worth the hassle. What are you going to spend it on? Another trip?

Wow Mere !
I do hope you get it sorted. Seems like all these big companies should be wearing masks nowadays!

I don't believe in counting my chickens before they hatch so I will not make any plans to spend it until it is in my bank account. I do not trust any of the power companies! x

Didn't count my chickens but did count my electricity units and I reckon they owe me in the region of £1000. I have had no response from two of the companies and umpteen conflicting letters from one of them saying my account does not exist! So I am not holding out much hope at the moment.
WI this morning 10st 3.5lb so I am up 2 lbs from my holiday. Quite happy with that as it was a 5 star hotel all inclusive after all and who can resist all the beautiful food and lovely free drinks!
Going to Fife in about half an hour, I am taking some bars but otherwise will be eating what the kids eat so will certainly not lose. x

Enjoy Fife Mere :)

2lbs is nothing considering the trip you had, so well done :) And I hope you can get your money back, that's a lot of money to have overpaid :(

I am ok with my gain although it took 1 week to gain it will probably take 4 weeks to lose but that is just me. I hope I get my money back, Citizens advice seem to think I will but these big companies are quick to take your money from you but very reluctant to give it back!

Any adventures planned this weekend? How's Fife?

How wonderful if that little wind fall comes through. Glad you had a fab holiday but not so glad about injury, how's it now. Hope you have a lovely time away xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Fife is sunny so I am getting on with the washing, I had forgotten just how often teenagers change their clothes in a day and then just pop them in the wash!
Went for coffee with hubby this morning to a place called Muddy Boots. Hubby chomped into walnut cake with a cappuccino while I sipped a diet coke!
Leg is fine now Carrie and I will get back to the gym next week. Hope you are feeling better. x

Hi Mere
Just popping in to say hi - I'll catch up on your diary when I have a bit more time. Well done for resisting walnut cake mmmmmm

L
x

Thanks Lesley, if I had been a bit more restrained on holiday I could have treated myself to something nice, not a huge piece of walnut cake but maybe a little biscuit. Ah such is life!

Hi Mere! I haven't had a chance to read your whole diary yet but looks like you've been doing a great job at maintaining very close to your overall goal :) here to subscribe and be nosy! xx

Nice to meet you QB. I think you might find my diary a bit boring. Good luck with your own weight loss journey. x

Back