Total Solution Mere's Diary

Ah, never mind, I found it on amazon. Sounds a great way of losing inches quickly.

Mere, you are just as valuable to all of us :) I don't know if I am The only one whose clueless but what the heck is shredding ?

Sorry Angel only now seeing this.

You found the DVD but here's the video on YouTube so you can get the idea :) Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - www.DietingHub.com.avi - YouTube

Basically its a hard but very effective work out programme run by The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michael's.

Its 30 days, and you do 20 minutes a day for each of those days. You start at Level 1, then theres Level 2 and Leval 3 to fit in depending what you decide to do. The Biggest Looser recommends to do 7 days Level 1, 10 days Level 2, 13 days Level 3 but it is up to us.

I did Day 1 last night and am still hurting now but am excited to see results and improve fitness, as everyone has said it gets so much easier the more you do it! There are great photos of peoples 30 day results which were enough to make me join. Good luck :) xx

Hey Mere :)
I hope you're having a great weekend :D

Hi Marge
I am having a good weekend. Took myself to the gym this morning then out window shopping.
I am putting £1 in a piggy bank for every day I do 100% TS and today hubby said when I reach target he will double my money. :D I will then take myself shopping for new clothes.
I have loads of clothes in the house that I have hardly worn as my weight goes up and down like a yoyo so I will wear them as I drop size then buy new ones in a smaller size hopefully. :)
Hope you are having a good weekend too. x
Mere x

Thats a great idea about putting a £1 away.
I'm affraid I would end up with a pot of nowt though :eek:

Thats a great idea about putting a £1 away.
I'm affraid I would end up with a pot of nowt though :eek:

:8855:

That tickled me! Dont be daft Marge, You have done and are doing excellent?!! :eek: Need i remind you Day 33 is complete :D

Besides, if you dont fancy that idea, You could always put a £1 away for every Shred day - You'd be loaded!!! ;) xx

Aye, but I'm rubbish at proper TS :eek:
Never mind, I guess I have talents else where eh ?:D;)

You're not rubbish! I cant see how you would even think that lol you're brilliant!

Definitely have more talents too though, Fitness mad Marge! Which is brilliant because your attitude towards it is really motivating, hence this lazy bum (me) giving it a go lol xx

That is such a good idea Mere! I never have money on me though- I'm one of those annoying people who pay for everything by card! Thats so sweet of your OH to double the money!

I do wonder what I'm going to do when I lose say 3 stone of the 6 stone I want to lose because I don't want to buy any clothes until I get to my goal weight but my clothes are already a bit baggy!

I do wonder what I'm going to do when I lose say 3 stone of the 6 stone I want to lose because I don't want to buy any clothes until I get to my goal weight but my clothes are already a bit baggy!
When you get to the half way stage you deserve to treat yourself to some new clothes even if they are only going to fit for about three months, presuming the 1st a month average.
You do not need to go for the mega expensive clothes as there are some very good deals about all the time now.
New clothes always make you feel good about yourself and you should be showing off your new sleaker body. Also looking better will net you compliments which in turn will boost your confidence and give you renewed willpower.
You are never going to feel at your best if you are wearing clothes several sizes too big and since 10lbs is a dress size down losing 3st should make you about 4 sizes smaller!
Come on girl get real and treat youself kindly you deserve it. :)

Mere x

How r u doing hun???

Hi Harry
I am doing great thanks. Just back from an hour at the gym had a decaf coffee and a bar so all is right in my world! :D
Just going to post on my exercise thread!
How is your day shaping up dear? :)

Mere x

When you get to the half way stage you deserve to treat yourself to some new clothes even if they are only going to fit for about three months, presuming the 1st a month average.
You do not need to go for the mega expensive clothes as there are some very good deals about all the time now.
New clothes always make you feel good about yourself and you should be showing off your new sleaker body. Also looking better will net you compliments which in turn will boost your confidence and give you renewed willpower.
You are never going to feel at your best if you are wearing clothes several sizes too big and since 10lbs is a dress size down losing 3st should make you about 4 sizes smaller!
Come on girl get real and treat youself kindly you deserve it. :)

Mere x

Yeah, your right, I couldn't hold off until then anyway! Although I've got a few dresses I bought prior to starting exante that were a bit small but now fit so I need to plan some nights to wear these before they get to small! I'm a bit of a shopoholic so not being able to buy clothes at the mo is killing me! esp when I see some really nice things. I would buy in a smaller size but I don't really know what size I will be when I get to my target weight having not been that small as an adult before!
I can't wait to buy clothes that I love and not just clothes that will flatter me :S

Hope your having a nice weekend x

Hi S Minnie
I am 5ft 2ins and when I get down to 9st 7lb I am a size ten so I imagine that is the size you will achieve at the end of your journey. Just think how good that is going to feel! :D
Mere x

Really! Oh my I can't even imagine being a size 10. The smallest adult size I've been was a 12 at just under 10 stone. A 10 though! It doesnt seem like it could ever be real! My bridesmaid dress for July is a 14 as the bride thought it best to get a dress a couple of sizes smaller rather than 4 sizes smaller as its easier to take in then out! Thinking that it might swamp me by July now by can completely see her reasoning.

That's great hun, my day is going really well.i m relaxing today.Got my birthday present from my hubby.The thing I always wished for (nice classy dressing table) I m over the moon.Bring it on!!! Can't wait for skinny me in the new dressing mirror :)

I agree with you on the clothes Mere, what a great post. Im not ready for new clothes yet and like Minnie, i dont want to buy new until i hit goal but its inevitable they we'll have to. 15st to 10st will need some inbetween clothes! I do have lots of different sizes around though, its just making a start on going through them all. For now though, the tight clothes now fit and the ones that did fit are getting looser and looser but i wont need to do anything just yet. It will be AMAZING treating myself in shops iv never stepped foot in when i reach goal. Very excited about TopShop, River Island! :D

You are doing fantastic Mere a great inspiration and support to many xx

I think good old primarni will do until I get to goal then I will invest in some decent clothes once I hit goal. I do like to get a good bargain on ebay so will even have a look on there for in between goals. I want it to be a real treat when I get my goal weight clothes which is why I'll buy cheap clothes so it doesnt take the glory away from that shopping trip that I'll have been waiting for!

I agree that a couple of new pieces for your wardrobe is really worth while for your self esteem. Bigger clothes can hide a slimmer shape, when the clothes fit then your losses shine through. Whilst still losing you could also try experimenting with belts and accessories to highlight eg your shrinking waist.

Back