Message for Team Leaders

I wouldn't. So if you normally have 6 members and one does not give their results then I would just take the 5 losses and use the 5 past week's weights for the %

Irene xx

ok thanks irene. I have made up the results but we only have 5members as stinkabell havent heard from her since she joined over 2weeks ago so have given up on her! just waiting to hear from diane, she usually pm's me on a thurs/fri so i dont know whats going on i hope she ok. will leave it untill sunday and pm you the results then :)

thanks again :wavey:

Yeh I agree Sunday night would be a good cut off point. Team 8 team lead :p

Don't forget it's Sunday 6pm. We're declaring a winner then no matter what, we can't have it dragging into the next week again like it did last week. the winning team didn't even know they had won until the week was over and that's not fair because of a few stragglers.

because like a lot of teams on here im still waiting on results.

have just read back through this so if you have a member that hasnt got in touch are you's including there weight in the team % loss?

becky xx

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:With a 17 lbs weight loss :wow:from one member, do you'd not think you win with just four of you?

Congratulations by the way. I bet when you formed the BBL team you never dreamed you'd be coming off CD for this reason.

ok thanks irene. I have made up the results but we only have 5members as stinkabell havent heard from her since she joined over 2weeks ago so have given up on her! just waiting to hear from diane, she usually pm's me on a thurs/fri so i dont know whats going on i hope she ok. will leave it untill sunday and pm you the results then :)

thanks again :wavey:

Hey Becky,

If team members are no shows, you just track them as being maintainers for the sake of a real team % loss.

If someone doesn't check in, I just leave them out of the calculation.....so as not to affect the whole team. I usually include how many WIs the % is calculated on (for info).....6m on Sunday as a cut off to declare the previous Thursday's winners, sounds fair to me.

I'm filling in for Pretika as she's really busy at work. Definitely agree on a cut off and 6pm Sunday sounds very reasonable :)

Have pm'd you our results Irene. Still not heard from 2 people so just 4 this week :)

Results close in 15 mins. Still waiting for teams 1, 3, 5, 9 and 14. Please let me have results or tell me you are not posting.

Deadline 6 pm

Irene xx

Found it. Thanks Irene.

TEAM CHALLENGE - WEEK 7 (2 Oct 08)
3.43% BBL's (team 2)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W2 (2.54%)

2.21%
The Biggest Losers (team 6)
1.89% Shape Shifters (team 13) - 4 results
1.67% Belly Busters (team 4)

1.38%
Fat Fighters (team 7) - 5 results
1.20% The Shrinking Violets (team 10)
W6 (1.90%)

0.95% Purple Ronnies (team 11)
W5 (2.20%)

0.90% Gr8 M8's losing W8 (team 8) - 5 results
0.67%
Skinny Minis (team 12) - 3 members

Results were posted just after 6 pm and a message was posted on the thread of each team who had not submitted a result to remind them of the dealdline.

Irene xx

just throwing this out there for a discussion but does anyone find it slightly unfair that people on their first weigh in are included?

we know that 99% of people lose a huge amount on their first weigh in and teams who have newbies on them have an unfair advantage in the sense that some other teams, including mine, are made up solely of people well along in the diet and so only losing around 4lbs a week.

a prime example is this week's winning team who had someone lose 17lbs on their first week-how did any other team stand a chance. i mean fair play to them, it's a great result but surely it is a bit unfair?

perhaps we could say that 1st weigh in results are not included or something like that? what does everyone else think?

i know this is just a bit of fun but i find it really motivates me to compete with other teams.

I hear what you're saying..........but unfortunately it would be impossible to moderate. Think Marie's 17lbs was a highly unusual and most likely a one off. Like yours, team 4 has been relatively stable in terms of membership, but we do still have some great losses from time to time with post-holiday restarts.

I think we just have to be grateful that we have close-knit, supportive teams that are so committed. It would drive me mad if team members kept disappearing every week. And remember, every time someone takes one a newbie, they have most likely had a bad week previously when some have gone AWOL, so it all evens out in the end.

It's a fair point though. Team 4 has yet to hit top slot. Has yours? How are you going this week? I get weighed on Wednesday so one more day to go.

I do understand what you are saying. But there are so many new members joining the challenges each week and it would be very difficult to control. Also everyone is different and not everyone loses a lot on their first week. So is it fair to say that the team cannot include a first week's weight loss.

But we can see what other team leaders say.

Irene xx

I do understand what you mean, our 2.21% didn't really stand a chance, whereas it normally would've done (then again, we had a first weigh in, so..!)

While I know it's unfair, I don't think there's really any way to moderate it :eek:

x

a prime example is this week's winning team who had someone lose 17lbs on their first week-how did any other team stand a chance. i mean fair play to them, it's a great result but surely it is a bit unfair?
I'm a member of this team and Munch who lost the 17lbs wasn't actually a newbie. It was her 7th wi. Just wanted to let you know that it wasn't really an unfair advantage. :eek:

I'm a member of this team and Munch who lost the 17lbs wasn't actually a newbie. It was her 7th wi. Just wanted to let you know that it wasn't really an unfair advantage. :eek:

thanks liz x bl**dy nora - thought this was healthy competition lol nobody needs to worry this week coz i've sts!

Back