Michelle's Daily food diary

its a 30 day shred dvd by jillian andrews - basically a 30 minute workout its the lady of the biggest loser incase you didnt know the personal trainer ... hope this helps x

Well done on completing the shred!! I have started it twice now but never got past the first week :(

Do you think it made a difference to your losses or toning? I am wondering whether to give it another go!
Not losses but I lost 2" each from my hips, waist and bust, 1.5" from my thighs and 1" from my upper arms. Feel brilliant!

Hiya, I'm really new to this so could you please explain to me what the shred is?

bernie x
As Becs said. It has 3 levels, which you do for 10 days each or until you're ready to move on. Each one is progressively harder.

michmick said:
As Becs said. It has 3 levels, which you do for 10 days each or until you're ready to move on. Each one is progressively harder.

Thanks for the information. I've never heard of it but I will now be ordering it. I really need to start body magic.

Bernie x

Thanks for the information. I've never heard of it but I will now be ordering it. I really need to start body magic.

Bernie x
Good luck, it's really hard work! You'll need a set of weights and an exercise mat. Have a look on you tube, level 1 is on there. There is a 30 day shred thread on here that's worth a look too.

Friday green
breakfast: same as yesterday
lunch: same as yesterday
tea: jambalaya and 30g cheese, shape yoghurt
snack: velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 4

Exercise: day 6 level 1 ripped in 30

Thoughts
went to the cinema but ate before I went and took snacks just in case (ate the velvet crunch when I got home and the other half had a KFC)
Saw American Pie which was hilarious!
Only had one of each of my he's today which isn't good.
going to make fish pie tomorrow

Good luck, it's really hard work! You'll need a set of weights and an exercise mat. Have a look on you tube, level 1 is on there. There is a 30 day shred thread on here that's worth a look too.

I've gone and ordered it off amazon. Thanks for the information about the weights and mat that i need. I'm going to pop on to youtube now to have a look.

Bernie x

I've gone and ordered it off amazon. Thanks for the information about the weights and mat that i need. I'm going to pop on to youtube now to have a look.

Bernie x

What did you think from YouTube?!!

Saturday EE
breakfast: same as usual
Lunch: creamy tomato and basil pasta n sauce with frozen veg, spinach, baby sweetcorn, tomato, mushrooms
Snack: boiled egg, raspberry Activia snack pot
Dinner: fish pie (fish, prawns, broccoli, toms, from frais, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, garlic, topped with mashed swede and carrot, topped with 30g cheddar) with salad. Melon, mango, pineapple.

Total syns: 0

Exercise: Day 7, level 1 ripped in 30

Last edited:
Sunday EE
Breakfast: same as usual
Snack: banana
Lunch: tuna rice salad (baby sweetcorn, tomato, radish, cucumber, egg, lime juice). Sharon fruit, apple
Dinner: steak, SW chips, 30g cheddar, fried onion, mushrooms and prawns with chilli and garlic.

Exercise: week 1 c25k

Thoughts:
Really enjoyed going for my first walk/jog in years today. The c25k was 5 min walk then several sessions of 1 min jog, 1.5mins brisk walk then cool down 5 mins walk (I did a bit more as not home!). 60 seconds jogging is enough at the moment! Went through our local park (going through major works at the moment, a bit of it just reopened this weekend), down the road to another park, round it twice then back home. Lovely sunny day. Perfect!
my backs a bit sore from ripped in 30 so may have a day or 2 rest, see how it is tomorrow.
Started making SW Pimms again, yummy!

Last edited:
Monday EE
Snack: banana, pear
Lunch: tuna rice salad, Sharon fruit, clementine, plum
Dinner: Fish pie, salad, lime and balsamic dressing. Greek yoghurt, options hot choc powder, mango, pineapple

Total syns: 2

Exercise: day 8 level 1 ripped in 30

Thoughts:
Found exercise hard tonight
think I may do c25k again tomorrow night
Desert after dinner was amazing!

Last edited:
Tuesday EE
breakfast: same as usual
snack: banana. Velvet crunch (4 syns), pear
Lunch: veg soup, apple, plum, clementines, Sharon fruit
Snack: beef slices, tomatoe, salad, balsamic vinegar.
Dinner: fish pie, salad, lime and balsamic vinegar. Greek yoghurt, options hot choc powder (2 syns), strawberries, blackberry, orange, blueberries, raspberry.

Total syns: 6

Exercise: day 9, level 1 ripped in 30

Thoughts
Gutted weather ruined my plans to do day 2 of c25k but pleased I then did ripped in 30.
Not sure when I'll get to do c25k again, maybe Friday.
weighed at home this morning and it still looks like I'll lose my pound so fingers and toes crossed it'll show on the scales tomorrow.

Wednesday EE weigh in day -1.5lbs
snack: banana, pear
Lunch: veg soup, apple, plums, Clems
Snack: melon
Dinner: fish pie, lettuce, beetroot. Activia crumble yoghurt (1 SYN)

Total syns: 1

Exercise: day 2 week 1 c25k

Thoughts:
Really pleased to have a last got back to target range.
impressed with myself going out for a jog/ walk but think its more cos I couldn't face ripped in 30 again!
Out for dinner tomorrow night, wagamamas so no syns all day til I get there! Of course won't have time to exercise but may walk there so I do something.

Thursday EE
Snacks: banana, pear
Lunch: veg soup, plums, clementines, apple
Dinner: out for dinner, yaki udon (20 syns???)

Total syns: ??20

Exercise: 15 mins brisk walking

Friday EE. Day off work
Breakfast: same as usual plus a banana
Lunch: pasta and sauce with green beans, asparagus, tomato, mange tout, sugar snap peas, broccoli. Apple
Dinner: chicken kebab with salad and SW chips. Pitta (9 syns)
Snack: curly wurly (6 syns)

Total syns: 15 syns

Exercise:
Day 3 week 1 c25k

Last edited:
Saturday
Snack: banana
Lunch: jacket pot, baked beans, 30g cheddar, salad
Snack: apple, banana
Dinner: quorn jambalaya, wholemeal pitta, 30g cheddar

Total syns: o

Exercise: day 3, week 1 c25k. Day 10, level 1 ripped in 30

Thoughts
i do love a green day!
need to have a rest day from exercise, probably tomorrow

Sunday
Breakfast: as usual
Snack: banana, apple
Lunch: tuna, pasta, tomato, cucumber, radish, mange tout, lemon juice
Dinner: quorn jambalaya, 30g cheddar, Activia yoghurt

Exercise: rest day

Thoughts:
Had a great day, felt slim so wore a lovely outfit!
Went to a parrot show and spent loads on the birds then went and got more fish, great!
pleased I made my lunch last night, took it with me but ended up eating it when I got home!

Monday. Green

Breakfast: same as usual!
Snack: banana, apple
Lunch: veg soup, 2 Clems, 2 plums
Snack: oddities (5.5 syns)
Dinner: quorn jambalaya, wholemeal pitta, 60 g cheddar

Total syns: 5.5

Exercise: none

Tuesday. Green
breakfast: porridge, Greek yoghurt, sweetener, strawberries, blueberries, melons, grapes
snack: banana, apple
Lunch: veg soup, plums, clems
Snack: baked stars, sweet chilli (4.5 syns), 2 mini babybels
Dinner: Tarka Dahl (lentils, spices), brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, spinach. Shape crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 5

Exercise: day 2, week 2 c25k

Thoughts
Worried about my shin splints from the jogging, hope it doesn't ruin my training.
run was hard tonight, not sure if it was the exercise or that the weather was hot.
tried the bridesmaid dress on, it's too big! Nightmare.
weigh in tomorrow - hope I've lost more weight so closer to target within my target range as I'm away at the hen do this weekend. Hen do is lunch, wine tasting, dinner and breakfast, all 100% off plan!!! Can't wait but dreading the gain next week!

Wednesday. Green. Weigh in. Lost 2 lbs
Breakfast: as yesterday
Snack: banana, apple, muffin (whoops, ?10 syns)
Lunch: veg soup, plums, clems
Dinner: creamy lemon and broccoli pasta (tagliatelle, lemon juice and rind, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, 75g sweet chili phili. Crumble shape yog and melon (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 10.5

Exercise: Nordic walking

Thoughts
0.5 lbs to get back to target. Would like that this week but expect a gain from the hen weekend.
Think I'll struggle to stay on track now I know I've a break coming up.
Very chuffed to have lost 2 lbs this week - been doing lots of green

Back