Miffed......

kelsocool

Speaks as she finds
Anyone that has seen my threads on here will always know what i am like....Upbeat, motivational, honest, friendly (i hope Lol)I have lost nearly 7 stone,(coming from 20.1 to 13.4 my BMI is 26 (from 39.9)............

So tell me why i have been rejected as a CDC??? You would think they would want people like me....(how big headed :D) I have about 15 people who are waiting for me to be a CDC so they can join, i done my research dotted the I's crossed the Ts and still.......thanks but no thanks Huh

So.......do you think i can reapply?? and how long until i can?? Bit p++++ed off (which is unlike me) so would like some advice........:break_diet::wave_cry::cry:

The "emotions" are just for effect Lol x

Last edited:
Could it be that there a already a few CDC in your area???? I have no idea, just a thought. x

Awww so sorry to hear that, one of my friends was rejected the other day, do they not tell you why? Was thinking of applying myself but if they reject someone who has done as well as you have what chance do I have... well done hun on your massive weightloss, you should be proud of yourself anyway.
BTW, did your CDC sponsor you, or did you apply on your own?

Did they give a specific reason? You have proven that you don't give up on things having done so well with CD so don't give up on being a CDC either............bide your time and try again...in the most positive way don't take no for an answer!!!!!

Ahhh thankyou for your kind words......No they didnt give me a reason, in fact she didnt even phone me (like she said she would.....and i waited in!!!) she sent me a letter with no explanation and when i tried to call she was "off until monday" tut tut

I was sponsored by My CDC

Which bit did you get rejected from? Was it upon posting the application or the telephone interview or was it further on like after the training day?

Well, i'd try again and call her when she's available

There are 3 CDC's within about 1 mile from my house alone that i know of! so maybe it isnt a demand thing must be another reason?

i got the telephone interview and died about there......I keep thinking about what i said and i am quite sure that everything was ok, so i will need to ask her to better myself for the next time

that sucks kel! i am considering training as a CDC in australia, but i dont know if i could handle it if i got rejected! can't believe they didnt give you a reason, that is so crap.

hope you get some answers on monday hun!
That really sucks, your inspirational considering the amount of weight you have lost...
Is it becuase your BMI isnt in the "healthy" range?

Doesn't sound like they handled that particularly well, which isn't good for CD generally in terms of publicity. If you feel that you have been unfairly treated perhaps you can appeal.
Is it just this one person's decision?
She shouldn't say she would call and then you wait in, if she is going to send a letter.
I'd be in tears I think.

to be a CDC the criteria is that you are below 28 on your Bmi, Good people skills, enthusiastic about CD, followed the plan yourself etc I am going to have a moan about this because its one thing to reject but another not even to give an explanation!!

Well I think you would be an inspiration to anyone losing that amount of weight. Great to show clients before and after pics of yourself. You seem an ideal candidate for the job. Just my opinion as I know having a CDC like that would inspire me.
Sorry hun xx

Oh no, that's a shame. I hadn't even considered being rejected by The Powers That Be, I'm applying to be a CDC myself and now I'm terrified I won't make it! Would bring back all the rejection complexes!

It was bad how they didn't give you an explanation, quite unprofessional really. xxx

Hey hannah, Dont worry i am sure you will be fine and if not reapply and reapply and reapply (they are going to get sick of me....i am very persistent!!!! lol)
It is a bit strange as its not just a job, there is quite a large outlay, that in this day and age not everyone can afford.

Without tooting my own horn i have done well on the diet and i am so enthusiastic about CD so that makes it a little hard to grasp.

Never mind what doesnt kill us makes us stronger :) I will let you know what they say on monday

Sorry to hear about this.......I can only echo what everyone else has said really! Like you said just re-apply but also chase the reason why you were un-successful this time. xx

Well i said i would update you when i found out what the reasons for my demise were But unfortunately i havent really got any closer to the reason!!!

I phoned Emma (CDC Recruiter) and asked for some feedback (which i didnt get) and then went on to give a list of reasons why i should be a counsellor, I then sent the following email to reiterate exactly what i had said in the phone call

Hello Emma

Firstly I just want to say, Thank you for taking the time to have a chat with me this morning.

As I said during our chat, I am really quite devastated about my rejection in a bid to become a counsellor and am desperately appealing for you and your colleagues to give me another chance to prove that I am not only capable of becoming a great counsellor I know i will also be a fantastic one.

I have lost nearly 7 stone with the plan, I have decreased my weight from 20 stone 1 pound to 13 stone 4 pound my BMI has decreased from 39.9 to 26, I feel fit, I feel healthy and most importantly I feel confident. I have written this email to reiterate o you what I said this morning.

I tried the diet about a year ago; I remained on it for …..Wait for it…..2 days!!! I wrote the diet off as an impossible task, but I did admire anyone that was that “desperate” enough to try it.

A few months later my sister started the diet, I watched her go from a size 22 (19 stone) to a size 12 (12 stone) quite quickly, she looked fantastic and it broke my heart that I was still fat and depressed. She told me to try the diet again but I said I wouldn’t be able to do it as I had done it before and it was too hard.
The next time I saw her I didn’t recognise her and that was my moment….that was the moment I realized I had to do something about my weight, not just for vanity but for my health as I had started suffering from sleep apnea and joint pains.

I phoned Nicola (my counsellor) and she talked me through the plan, I explained that I wasn’t hopeful about it as I had already failed before but clearly something was different this time….something had clicked!!!

Within weeks the weight was dropping off of me, everyone was noticing and complimenting me, I spent a fortune on new clothes and even bought myself a BMW as I felt I now needed a “posers” car to show off not only my great new body BUT my amazing new confidence (something my husband calls….cocky confidence!!!)

People that I didn’t even realize knew me, started approaching me in the street to say how great I looked and how I achieved it and I told/tell them all about my journey with Cambridge.

On a recent “weigh in” Nicola asked me if I had thought about being a counselor, as she felt that my personality and enthusiasm would be ideal for the role, but to be honest I hadn’t really. I was doing the diet for myself and nobody else….. but after that day I realized that everywhere I went other people felt how I felt when I started.
For some reason friends, family and strangers started confiding in me about there different reasons for needing and wanting to lose weight (I felt that they were comfortable with me, knowing I had been through the same ordeal as them) and after many requests from them I decided to apply to be a counsellor.

I sat in on appointments with my counsellor and listened to peoples stories which just inspired me even more, I never wanted this job to ‘make money’ I simply wanted it to help, others feel like I do, and without creating a dramatic moment……give them back their lives!!!

I don’t know what I did wrong in the interview, as I said to you earlier I have always ran my own businesses so I have NEVER had an interview in my life, and realized that I probably rambled too much (as I am doing now) but this opportunity means a lot to me. So I can only hope you will give me the chance to become the great counsellor that I KNOW I can be.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me AGAIN, and if you have any feedback that you can offer me, it would be greatly received.

Your Sincerely

Kelly

I was getting pretty emotional by this point!!!:break_diet:

She said she would have a word with her sales manager and this is what they came back with...................

Hi Kelly

Thank you for your email. I have received them safely and will be discussing the decision with my Sales Manager later today.

Thank you for your patience and please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information

Kind Regards

Emma

AND THEN THE CRUNCH!!!.........................

Dear Kelly

Thank you for your email, which I have discussed with the Counsellor Sales and Development Manager today.

Whilst we would like to congratulate you on such a fantastic weight loss, when reviewing applications we take many things into consideration including the telephone interview, application details and Sponsor comments. After reviewing all these factors again along with your e-mail, unfortunately our decision still stands.

Thank you for your application and may we wish you well in the future with your weight maintenance.

Kind Regards

Emma

So thats the end of that then!!!! I wont lie and say i am not pi++ed right off, BUT what can you do?? I am not allowed to reapply, i have asked for some feedback and up until now havent received any!!

So needless to say i am a bit vexed at the moment!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have no idea for critera of CDC's but thats way too vague an explanation

I'd also be well miffed.

Feel for you xxx

Back