Mike 24's Diary

Hey Mike...wow, you are doing sooooo well!!

Wish I could help you out with the dress, but green just isnt my color lol

Best of luck with the show tonite...you will be fab!! Try not to worry about it too much....worrying just tends to make it worse!

:D Hey Mike,

21lbs in two weeks is fantastic, you lucky sod:D ....stick with it, bring your shakes with you tonight or just drink water after the show, time to break old habits, cuz its old habits that have us on these diets in the first place.;)

No worries about your sequin dress getting to big:p , just bring it to a good seamtress and she'll take it in for ya:p ...little sewing repair shops are dotted all over Dublin and for next to nothing too;) ...

Hey Guys

Well, my show on sunday was okish...It was REALLY hard to not do it with a drink inside me and was even harder not 'coming down' from the high of the show with a large kebab and chips with lots of salt on!

Anyway, I'm happy enough with the show and they've asked me back so it can't be all bad eh :)

So, today was a FANTASTIC day....

I haven't been to my day job since last Weds as I thought I deserved a good few days break.

Anyway, I walked in and everyone was saying how, even over that short time, my face has changed and how my clothes looked like they were hanging off me! :D I was over the moon!

So, this evening, after my grueling gym and swim session (I'm a good boy aren't I :p ) , I went to Tescos for a little reward shopping.

Now, let me explain my relationship with Tescos.. I Love Tescos food but I have, until now, HATED the fact that their XXL shirts were tight on me and they didn't stock any trousers in my size:( .

So, today I went and decided to see how much I've really lost size wise....

I managed to fit a very nice pair of 46" Trousers, a couple of pairs of tracksuit bottoms (which was impossible before with my large wobbly bum), and I also picked up 2 pairs of 44" trousers which were slightly too tight at present but won't be by the end of next week! :p. I also managed to get 2 tops in XL that fitted really nicely AND I bought a couple of very nicely fitting 17 1/2" Collar shirts (my present work ones are 19")

I am SOOOOOO Happy.

Wahoooo!

Oh, one bad thing that is recurring at the moment. I know they say you don't get hungry, and, to be honest, I don't.... But from day 1 of this diet I have had a mass craving for a Chicken Cesar salad....I haven't wanted anything else through the time I've been on this...why is it this one food that is just stuck there...and what an odd thing to crave!:confused:

Anyway, off to parade around in my new clothes :)

Love you all (and hope you all love me)

xxx

Whoo hoo on your shopping trip!!!! :cool: And well done on getting through that barrier - so many things that you don't need food/drink to handle! ;)

As for the cravings, gotta tell you it's bizarre the things that people crave!! At one stage I wanted to kill for some garden peas!!! :p

sounds that u are doing well ........................ what show do u do ? xx

won't you need new costumes soon .........expensive xx

Hi Mike,

What a brill reward for yourself to buy some new clothes and it is great to see you enjoying yourself so much.

You will be down another size before you know it.

It feels good when others begin to notice all your hard work, it is so rewarding.

Choloclate would be my drug of choice:(

But when I am on this diet for awhile it is not chocolate I crave but nuts!!!

So I have been known in the past to go a little nutty so to speak:rolleyes: :D

Love Mini xxx

Well done Mike! You are doing fantastically!! Glad all your hard work is paying off and you'll soon be wearing whatever you want off the peg!

Nice one mate, give it a couple of weeks and you will be an even smaller size.

When i started the diet, i was a size 46 trousers and 18 1/2 shirt, but after 3 months (i even ate normally over xmas for 4 days), im now a size 38 trousers and 16 1/2 / 17 shirt. Keep up the good work, and dont buy too many clothes - as they wont fit you in a few weeks - they will be too big !!!!

:(

Hey guys

Today I feel a bit down! :(. I've really enjoyed being on this diet so far and seeing such great weight changes. I've really given 110% including lots of swimming.

Today I decided to get some real scales and see how I was going this week. This evening they showed I've only lost about 2 1/2lbs since Sunday...I don't know if thats good or bad but its such a sickening feeling after the last two weeks! :cry:

Is this normal? Have I done something wrong? I've been drinking plenty of water and keeping up with the shakes...I don't know whats happening!

Answers on a postcard! :sigh:

Mikey darlin, oh Mikey,
stay off those bloomin scales baby!! :D

Am I right in thinking that you weigh in with your counsellor in the morning? It is evening now is it not! You always weigh heavier in the evening... Plus not all scales weigh the same so you don't know what the difference is between your scales and your counsellors....

You are doing brilliantly, don't let the scales get you down. Not long now till sunday when you will get a proper reading - and even if it is 2lbs that's 23lb of in 2 weeks....

Well done on the new clothes too - bet they were a lot cheaper as well compared to the ones you were buying before...

Keep shaking matey :D

Hi Mike:)

Don't let the scales bring you down - think of them as another ***** that wants your show:rolleyes: and act them off the stage:D

Seriously though, if you really feel the need to weigh at home (which most of us do even if we don't admit it) why not wait until you have just been weighed with your counsellor then going straight home to see what your scales say. That will tell you the difference in the scales (if there is one). Don't fall into the trap of 'her scales say 123 but mine say 124 so I must have put on a pound'

I'm having to work really hard at not getting anywhere near the scales in our house as it really depresses me if they don't move from day to day. My daughter weighs me once a week and writes it down but does not let me see it. I find the numbers are too destructive.

You are doing so well - keep up the good work;)

You are doing so well don't let those evil scales get you down. You will lose weight on this diet, you have to on the amount of cals you're taking in, but the scales don't always show it. There can be so many reasons why the scales aren't moving or moving much and weighing at the end of the day can make a massive difference. As said try to hang on for your official weight (not always easy I know) but that'll give a much more accurate picture.

People are noticing your loss already and you're getting into smaller size clothes, so don't get too hung up on what your scales say, you are doing so, so well, keep that focus and the scales will continue to come down.

Have a good weekend
xx

Hey guys

Today I feel a bit down! :(. I've really enjoyed being on this diet so far and seeing such great weight changes. I've really given 110% including lots of swimming.

Today I decided to get some real scales and see how I was going this week. This evening they showed I've only lost about 2 1/2lbs since Sunday...I don't know if thats good or bad but its such a sickening feeling after the last two weeks! :cry:

Is this normal? Have I done something wrong? I've been drinking plenty of water and keeping up with the shakes...I don't know whats happening!

Answers on a postcard! :sigh:

Hi Mike,

If your sticking with the diet your weight will come off and how it comes off each week depends on the person.

You said you have been drinking lots of water and that you weighed yourself in the evening...well water weighs very heavy...
A litre of eater weighs 1.01 kilograms.:eek:

I find the most accurate reading is if you do it the same time every moring on an empty bladder before drinking anything and in the nude.

Hope your feeling okay.

Love Mini xxx

Hello :p

Well, back from my 3rd week weight in and I've lost 4 1/2 lbs which I'm fairly happy with (I predicted a hopeful 5lbs so I wasn't that far off ;)). This now puts me 2 1/2 lbs of my 1st 2 stone lost so whoppie!

I must say our group is just fantastic. There's a real mix of people and personalities and it really makes this whole experience a lot more palatable :p. Its a shame that some will leave the group sooner than others as I'd like to stick with them all to the very end, but I know that can't happen (skinny gits! :p ).

Anywho... other than that I have very little to say today...I'm off to the gym in my new tracksuit bottoms (oh get me! :D ) and a little swim and thats about it. Roast dinner is cooking away downstairs so I need to get out :p roast potatoes are most definately the best thing about a roast dinner...and the broccoli (I know, sad aren't I :p )

Love you all

x
Mike

p.s. anyone living in Winchester, I'm doing a Ladies night there on Saturday so come along :D you can buy me a bottle of water ;)

Congrats' Mike on your loss of four and half pounds and enjoy your new clothes and work out at the gym.

Good luck with your show, wish I was near you as I would love to see your act!!!

Perhaps you will come to a meet up:confused:

Love Mini xxx

Back