Mini_mog's sw weight loss diary

The cupboards are completely bare! No veg left apart from 2 onions & some tinned tomatoes. No fruit except bananas, a couple of strawberries & some rather elderly grapes which I should bin. Quite a few potatoes. Making lasagne tomorrow and having it with sw chips & frozen veg.

Still unhappy with the lack of losing, hope my consultant will text back with some ideas.

Hooray! It's Friday! My car is booked in for mot at 6 am tomorrow so dropping it off to my brother in law tonight to take in. No fresh food left now, luckily I have the ingredients for a sw lasagne so that's what we're having tonight with chips & broccoli, carrots & peas from the freezer. Been a good girl and not weighed, that's 2 days! Only weigh in that counts is on a wednesday at 7pm!

Green today

B- porridge (hea & b), coffee, banana

Break- banana, ww yog

Lunch- yesterday's pasta (2.5), strawberries, ww yog.

Dinner- quick pasta bake made with asda cheese & broccoli pasta in sauce (can't find syn value, but highest value in the range is 1.5 so will go with that), frozen peas, frozen broccoli & 42g reduced fat cheddar(hea)

Supper- options indulgence (3), fibre plus (heb).

Total syns= 7. Going shopping tomorrow as cupboards are seriously bare now! Nothing in at all!

Last edited:
made a big decision today. ive decided to call target!:happy036:

today at work about 6 people commented on how good i look now and how well ive done. ive decided its time.

its been a long (and sometimes hard) road. I gained around 2st during pregnancy and just after and i decided that i needed to loose the baby weight when my best friend asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. I started a very low calorie diet and I lost just over 3st before her wedding in August 2010.

maternity leave ended in July 2010 and i did regain some of the lost weight trying to juggle full time work and being a mummy to my gorgeous girl. cooking went out of the window in came convenience foods, ready meals and weekly trips to Frankie and Benny's. how i afforded it all i have no idea!:8855:

I got married in October 2010 and gained a little more weight. just after new year i decided to return to sw on a complete whim. and ive never looked back! and then i discovered minimins, which is amazing, the support, the recipes, the ideas. love it!

and today, nearly 5 st lighter than i began i am really confident that i can maintain my loss.

id like to say to anyone who is reading this and feels like they have a large amount of weight to loose and feel like they are at the bottom of a huge mountain that you can do it! and when you get there its amazing!

ive struggled the last few weeks to loose any weight and i feel so much better now ive made this decision, its not my original target, but it feels right!:)

Saturday morning & me and Niamh are busy bees! So far we have put the washing on, dusted & hoovered and just waiting for my car to be ready at 12 (passed mot- yay!) so we can brave asda. Today we are having sw lasagne, chips & salad. And as I'm now maintaing I can have cheese AND milk on ee! How exciting! Hehe! my consultant texted me this morning & I've told her my decision. Excited about getting awarded target on weds at group as it's our Christmas party night. We've to decide something we want to achieve for Christmas and then put it on our tree. Mine will be to stay within target over Christmas.

Mum & dad are coming for Christmas dinner so I think I'll do a Christmas dinner with the trimmings but I'll keep it sw friendly so 1/3 superfree, fry light roasties and probably a little bit of stuffing. I'm not making the massive mound I made last year! It was obscene! And I'm going to make tiramisu for dessert and probably some mince pies and a cuppa for supper. Lunch will be bacon sarnies of course. On annual leave the week before so I'll avoid the smorgasbord of chocolate, biscuits, mince pies & cake at work!

Well that was an essay! So onto the food!

B- porridge (hea & b), banana, coffee

L- roast chicken mug shot, 2 clementines, apple.

D-sw lasagne (hea cheddar & 2 syns for Philly), salad, sw chips

S- twirl 9 syns, 2 clementines.

Total- 11 syns

Last edited:
I must say you should be so proud of yourself! And it helps me because I do have this big mountain to climb and I'm only at the base! Want to lose 10stone to get me into my healthy weight which I hope will plonk me into a size 10-12.... It's this site and it's people that keep my chin up about getting there eventually, all be it a year or so down the line, so people like you really help! Thanks so much :)

Emmey1 said:
I must say you should be so proud of yourself! And it helps me because I do have this big mountain to climb and I'm only at the base! Want to lose 10stone to get me into my healthy weight which I hope will plonk me into a size 10-12.... It's this site and it's people that keep my chin up about getting there eventually, all be it a year or so down the line, so people like you really help! Thanks so much :)

You will get there! Have a look at a diary by a lady called Capricorn, she has lost 11st & is so inspirational. I met a lady at the regional woman of the year final (she won) who had lost 8.5st in just under a year. It can be done! Keep going & believe in yourself:) you will get your first stone award this week I think:) x

Ee again today

B-coffee (part hea), banana, 2 clementines, fibre plus (heb)

L- batchelor's carbonara pasta n sauce (1.5), loads if strawberries!

D- sw lasagne (2 syns for Philly, hea cheddar) sw piri piri chips, salad.

Rest of milk hea in tea.

Really busy day today, done lots of housework & lots of washing. Seem to have not stopped at all this weekend. Got my homework for my diploma to do for an hr tonight. Now I've been back at work 2 weeks & settled back into the routine I'm going to try to do an hr a night.

Really looking forward to group on weds, it's taster night which is always fun & I'll get my target award which I'm really excited about!

edit- so after ive finished my homework (1,300 words on bacterial toxins) its late and i dont want my treat so its a bit sparse on the syns side of things-3.5- must do better!!

Last edited:
Ee today:)

B-coffee, porridge (heb & part a), banana

Break- apple, French fries (4)

L- chicken noodle mug shot, 3 clementines, ww yog

Dinner- birds eye bake to perfection salmon, baked potato, broccoli & carrots.

Treat- 12 mikado (6 syns)

Total syns- 10

That dinner was absolutely delicious!! Yum yum. Husband put potatoes in oven when I was at work & he decided to try spraying the skins with fry light halfway through- absolutely yummy!! I recommend it!

Been so restrained at work today- had a lunchtime meeting which I missed because I was snowed under. Anyway, they had lunch provided and they brought the remnants up to the tea room after. They were Indian snacks & giant choc chip cookies!! And there were celebrations, roses & Malaysian eid sweets. I ate none of them! Wasn't bothered either really:D

Last edited:
Another ee day, really cosy in bed this morning. Did not want to leave!

B-porridge (heb, part hea), banana, coffee

Snack- apple, skips (4)

L- change of plan! Had lunchtime meeting at work with lunch provided so I had- tesco lighter choices blt (to look up syns), 2 clementines and mixed fresh fruits.

Snack- 2 clementines

D-turkey stir fry with asda hot & spicy stir fry veg. Sauce will be soy sauce and garlic. Small amount rice.

I think from the calories the sandwich was about 14 syns, so I'll call it 18 for the day. The sandwich wasn't even that nice, so not worth it! Oh well.

Dinner however was amazing and completely free. I chopped up some extra mushrooms, red onion & pepper to put into it.

Wi tomorrow and I find out what my target weight is! It's the Christmas party night, just made a chocolate orange scan bran cake to take along. We have to think of something to achieve over Christmas. Mine is to stay within target over the Christmas period. I can't remember a Christmas where I haven't spent the whole time stuffing my face!

Last edited:
Green today and it's weigh in day. And I'm officially calling target today. Eek!!

B-porridge (part hea & heb), banana, coffee

Break- fibre plus (heb), apple

L- s&s mug shot, ww yog, 3 clementines, skips (if I can eat it all!)-4 syns

Dinner- baked potato, BBQ beans & hea rf cheddar.

Also it's a taster night at sw so will be having a few bits there, so only a smallish dinner today.

I'd say I had my full 15 syns today, had a variety of things at taster evening, all lovely! X

Last edited:
So nervous about tonight! I'm hoping I can get 1.5 off. I will then have lost exactly 5 st since I started this off in feb last year. 5 st! It's the same equivalent of almost 3 of my little girl who is nearly 2. I find carrying her for 5-10 mins hard work, I can't imagine carrying 3 of her around all the time! And I was!!!

Watch this space. I wi at 7....

1.5 off. 5 stone lost exactly altogether!! Woohoo!

So now I get an extra healthy extra & full 15 syns a day (used to 10 a day). It's a green day tomorrow so I can have 3 hebs!

Well done on your loss, it's fantastic & fingers crossed for your 1.5 next week & another slimmer of the week award. I think slimmer of the month will be yours too at end of the month:) x

Mini_Mog said:
1.5 off. 5 stone lost exactly altogether!! Woohoo!

So now I get an extra healthy extra & full 15 syns a day (used to 10 a day). It's a green day tomorrow so I can have 3 hebs!

Well done on your loss, it's fantastic & fingers crossed for your 1.5 next week & another slimmer of the week award. I think slimmer of the month will be yours too at end of the month:) x

SO glad you got exactly what you needed! Well done! And thank you! This site and people like you really help to stick around and be inspired :)

I was almost squealing with delight when I got that 1.5!!

Stocked up on hifi lights today, but tomorrow is going to be green so I'll get 2 hebs! X

First day officially maintaing. Green with 3 hebs!! Keeping syns low as yesterday and tues were on the high side & sat will be too.

B-usual porridge, nana & coffee (heb, part hea)

Break- 2x hifi light (heb) Apple

L- mug shot, 3 clementines, ww yog, fibre plus bar (heb)

Dinner- 2 x cauldron sausages (1 syn), baked beans, baked potato, cheese (42g, hea)

Snack- twirl (9)

Total hea-2
Heb-3
Syns-10!(not so low syn! Lol!)

Enjoyed my first day maintaining, 3 cereal bars, awesome!!

Must admit I'm nervous, and I feel a bit strange about maintaining. I'm not sure if I want to lose more now. Argh! So I'm going to see how I feel in the new year:) I think I need to get used to my new shape.

Tomorrow I'm off to outpatients for my eye. It says I have to allow 2 hrs for appointment & also that I can't drive there because they will be dilating my pupils- which I hate! It's horrid, you can't see properly, light hurts your eyes & you can't read so that's 2 hrs of sitting bored silly, unable to read or play with my iPhone, and also on my own. So I'm going to take some hifis and superfree and a bottle of water so I don't have to buy anything there. Hoping that I'll be allowed to drive tomorrow evening as I need to get petrol for sat morning a shopping for the week.

Last edited:
Hospital today. It's a green day, but going to have minimal syns as tomorrow will be mainly off plan (can't say I'm not worried, but looking forward to it too!!).

B-usual porridge, Banaba, coffee- heb, part hea

Snack- fibre plus

L- probably pasta n sauce- ham & leek (1syn), apple

D- pasta with red pesto(2.5), mushrooms, red pepper, red onion.

Total-3.5 syns, 2 hebs, 1hea

Just been to asda & stocked up. Got some of those warburton's square wraps and light mozzarella to make pizza! Nom!

Saw the opthalmic clinical lead (the head honcho!) and he said the swelling of my optic nerve was gone & I just need to go back again in 3 months for a fields test. An hrs brisk walking to & from hospital so even got in some body magic!

Tomorrow is going to be naughty, very naughty. And I might possibly be eating too much cake....

Last edited:
Well, I've started today well:)

Breakfast- porridge, banana, coffee. Heb and part a.

And then it got very synful!

Lunch- pub lunch. Chicken blt on White crunchy bread with side salad & chips. Mayo in the sandwich, Mayo on the salad.

Snack- 2 cupcakes. One was chocolate with White chocolate pink coloured ganache on top. One plain sponge with jam in the middle & vanilla buttercream on top. Shared them with my daughter but I ate most of it!

Dinner- meal out. Fish & chips with mushy peas. Ate a tiny bit of batter and then ate the fish and left most of the batter, ate the chips & left most of the mushys and tartars sauce. My mum was really impressed that I left my batter. To be honest I've gone off it and don't like the greasy feel in my mouth if I eat it.

Got home & found out a family friend has sadly passed away. She was critically ill in hospital and I thought something might happen today. Such a lovely lady who will be missed.

Tomorrow I'm working and up at 6 to be in work at 8. And I feel nauseous!! That's all that rich food, just not used to it now. Low syns rest of this week!

Last edited:
Green today-

B- porridge, banana (hea &b)

L-mug shot & banana

D- lasagne (2 and hea & b) piri piri chips, salad.

Total syns- 2!

Back