Mini_mog's sw weight loss diary

Emmaline said:
Hi Mog, Well done again! What a triumph just to be included in the ceremony auditions.
I think you have done marvellously considering the scare about your eye... do hope that it has got sorted by now.

Take care .... :)

Thank you emmaline:) I was truly honoured to go to the district final today and meet so many inspirational members, it was a lovely morning.

My eye is still much the same, in low light my sight is definately affected & also in artificial light. My job involves me using microscopes and looking at tiny things so I hope I can adapt to it when I go back. I am still hoping that eventually the swelling of the optic nerve will resolve. I am due to have another hospital appointment in a few weeks time so we'll see what happens there.

bit of a naughty mog today....

decided today is green...

breakfast- 0% greek yogurt, 11g white choc options, nectarine, strawberries.

lunch- we went to pizza express for lunch, was lovely. i had:
starter- chilli bread with cheese- i think 15.5
main- romano pesto pizza- approx 40 (average romano syn value)
dessert- tiramisu-20 syns in book.
about 10 syns worth of nibbles from niamh's plate.....omfg!!! 85.5 syns:eek:

total so far is 87.5, doubt ill need dinner!

it was yummy though, and i enjoyed it all. back onto food optimising now, so it will be free food for rest of today, mainly superfree. i havent had any heb's but they can be cheese from lunch....

i did however save on syns by having water to drink.

Supper was a jacket with syn free bolognaise left over from the lasagne I made on Friday with a hea serving cheese.

Am watching pulp fiction before bed, one of my favourite films! I want a $5 milkshake from jack rabbit slim's :)

Last edited:
Wow! It's windy today! Tail end of hurricane katia apparantly.

Having day at home with my little girl. She is 2 next month & has learnt 3 big words in the last 2 days- nectarine, clementine & ladybird. She says them beautifully!

Today will be green! And low syn as possible to try & keep this weeks syns down after yesterday! Also going to try to include more superfree than I normally would on green.

Breakfast- 3 clementines, hifi bar (heb), coffee (with part of milk hea). Late breakfast so only small.

Lunch- pitta bread pizza (asda wholemeal pitta heb, 42g reduced fat cheddar hea, 1 tbs ketchup- 1 syn, 1 mushroom & Italian seasoning) & salad (mixed leaves, cherry toms, peppers, salad light dressing)
Then a banana, a nectarine & 3 strawberries. Nice!!

Dinner- 2 cauldron Lincolnshire sausages (1 syn), sw chips, Heinz BBQ beans, sw fried mushrooms, sw fried egg. Absolutely lush! My little girl loved hers too.

Options indulgence this evening will take my total to 5 syns.

Last edited:
Today is green, again a 4 syn day. :s

Breakfast- 2 weetabix (heb) with sk milk from hea & a banana. Cup of coffee.

Lunch- baked potato, beans, side salad

Snack- lemon hifi

2nd snack 10 mins later- walkers French fries- 4 syns

Dinner- the spinach cannelloni from the July (I think) magazine. Tried filling the tubes with a piping bag, went badly wrong so had to do it with a teaspoon. Hope its worth the effort. Having it with sw chips and peas. Hea of cheese in it. No syns.

Update- dinner was amazing!!! Loved it. I'd have paid for that in a resturant!

Last edited:
Green again. Back on normal syn allowance. Weigh in is tonight! Eek! Tbh I think I'm looking at a small gain, maintain or at absolute best 0.5lb. But then that's the risk you take with flexi syns! Anyway...

Breakfast- 0% Greek yog with 11g White options 2 syns & chopped strawberries. Coffee with sk milk (hea)

Lunch- pasta n sauce ham, cheese & leek- 1 syn
2 clementines

Snack after weigh in- 2 hifi bars (heb x2)

Dinner- cannelloni from yesterday (1 hea), baked potato with ff cottage cheese, peas.

Treat- caramac bar- 8.5 syns
Total syns= 11.5

Edit- weigh in result- 0.5 off! Hooray! Pleased with that, 6.5lb till target. Hoping to get 2 off this week:)

Last edited:
Extra easy today

Breakfast- strawberries, banana, strawberry mullerlight.

Lunch- baked potato, beans, salad.

Snack- 3 clementines (piggy! Lol!), hifi delux (heb)

Dinner- pizza topped chicken (omitted the tomato purée & used passata so free + hea cheese), sw piri piri chips, huuuge side salad (nearly half of plate).

Treat later tonight- cornetto enigma (9), White options & sk milk (2.5)

Total syns- 11.5

Last edited:
Green day today. Although we are going to karl's auntie's and she is an amazing cook. Always home baking about! I shall have to engage every portion of willpower I have!!

Breakfast- banana, 2 clementines, hifi (heb). Cup of coffee for hifi dipping (part of hea)

Lunch- chicken & mushroom pasta n sauce, salad

Snack - hifi bar

Dinner- pasta bake. Wholemeal creamy carbonara pasta n sauce (1.5 syns), broccoli, peas, 42g reduced fat cheddar (hea).

treat- tube smarties- 9 syns

total for today-10.5 syns

decided to change my target and go for another half stone after this next award. thought long and hard about it and decided this is what i want so changed my target on here and on sw site too. still hoping ill be at target for christmas and that ill have an occasion to wear a gorgeous dress to!

going on a night out drinking (shock! horror!) tomorrow night. very rare event since ive become a mummy, lol! but yes, im going out to play! ive decided im allowing myself one cocktail and then ill be on the diet coke and vodka and will probably limit that to around 3 or so. food will be syn free tomorrow (hopefully). going to a village gala with the little un so im going to have to use some willpower.

massive nsv today- no choc at husband's aunties, just my hifi. biggest was on way home husband and mil in law decided they wanted kfc so i took them in the car, took them to his parents house and went home and cooked my delish pasta bake. i didnt even want it! woohoo! if it was pizza id have been tempted but kfc, mcdonalds etc i dont find hard to resist. yuck. watching supersize me the other day reaffirmed my dislike for such things.

Last edited:
Another green. Saving my syns for tonight's drinks.

Breakfast- banana, strawberries, toffee apple ww yog, hifi (heb)

Lunch- banana, nectarine, hifi (heb). Rubbish I know but was at sister in law's and it was either that or sandwiches on White bread & wasn't prepared to waste syns!

Snack- ww strawberry tart yog, big bowl of strawberries & grapes. Definately got my superfree in today!

Dinner- lazy pasta bake again like yesterday made with wholemeal creamy tomato pasta n sauce & hea cheese. Think this is free but I will check. Will throw in peas, brocolli & sweetcorn. This is fab for when you are rushing!

After that I will swiftly be getting ready for body shop party & then quick freshen up and into town for cocktails (well 1 & then vodka & diet coke). Doesn't take much to get me drunk so won't be having many as I don't want to feel like death while looking after little un tomorrow. Probably will do a slight tipsy syns update tonight!!

Don't know whats up with me today, feel fed up & I dont really know why. Possibly because when we went to the gala we got soaked, my little girl was upset on way home and over tired & her grandma got soaked & ended up in pain. Bit stressful really. But I really need to buck my mood up! Going to do some homework now & hopefully I'll feel better when I've got a bit of that done & out of the way.

Last edited:
well, last night it was free cocktails, and i drank far too many, also champagne (proper champagne!), cider and shots. deary me! so i felt a bit yuck this morning but was fine after breakfast and a cuppa.

today is ee

breakfast- 2 weetabix (heb), banana, milk (hea)

lunch- baked potato & cottage cheese, 2 nectarines, lots of strawberries.

Dinner- season & shake sausage casserole (3.5 for casserole mix, 1.5 for 3 sausages= 5), baked potato (I omitted the potato for the packet mix and added extra red pepper & mushrooms! Superfree boost!)

Total=5.

Last edited:
What a shame getting all wet and everyone ending up in not too good a humor which is understandable.
Hope things are feeling a bit better now.
I always find that when I need to get on and tidy up and do some housework I feel so much better afterwards... must be a female thing! ... :D

Well done on your little one saying those big words. Quite a stepping stone. :)

Emmaline said:
What a shame getting all wet and everyone ending up in not too good a humor which is understandable.
Hope things are feeling a bit better now.
I always find that when I need to get on and tidy up and do some housework I feel so much better afterwards... must be a female thing! ... :D

Well done on your little one saying those big words. Quite a stepping stone. :)

It was a real shame, it would have been a lovely day had it not been for the rain. We've had very heavy showers again today with thunder & lightening.

She's really good at picking up words, she's like a little parrot! I'm really proud of her:)

Hope you feel the same way when she starts talking 19 to the dozen! Can fair make you go slightly in a tiswas! ... :D

oh she already does, but i find it easier in a way because she can tell me what she wants/whats wrong rather than me having to guess and her getting upset. she already loves to chat on the phone to grandma and grandad- i cant get a word in now!:)

Today is green:

Breakfast- porridge (28g oats & milk from hea), banana, coffee

Snack- snack a jack's crispy curls (3.5), apple

Lunch- mild curry pot shot, apple, ww yog

Snack hifi bar (heb), ? Ww yog

Dinner- leek & pea pasta (Philly as other hea)

Treat- caramac ice cream bar- 6

Total syns 9.5

Been back to work today, rushed off my feet, it's good to get back to normal but I missed my little girl so much today and counted down the hours till I could see her!

Last edited:
Well I'm absolutely shattered this morning after being up till nearly 2am with my little girl who woke up really distressed just after midnight. Yawn!!

So it's an extra easy day....

Breakfast- porridge (28g oats, sk milk- heb & part hea), banana, coffee.

Break- apple, French fries (4 syns)

Lunch- apple, 3 clementines, mullerlight, chicken pot shot (1 syn)

Dinner- dad's oriental salmon (salmon fillet, pepper, chilli, garlic, soy sauce. Should also have fresh grated ginger & spring onions but I didn't have any), baked potato (with the yummy salmon soy sauce poured over), carrots & broccoli (loads!)

Treat- pack French fries= 4

Total 9 syns

It's weigh in tomorrow, been a good week other than the drinks on Saturday. I've not been feeling well since Saturday afternoon, upset tummy, bloating, cramps. Im not expecting a loss to be honest because I feel like my tummy is so bloated:( I'm on antibiotics so that could be causing it, finish them tomorrow night thankfully. They taste vile!

Last edited:
Green today

Breakfast- the usual porridge, banana & coffee (1 heb, part hea)

Break- grapes, French fries (4 syns)

Lunch- sweet & sour pot shot, 2 clementines, 2 ww yogurts

At weigh in- hifi (heb)

Dinner- baked potato, beans & 42g reduced fat cheddar (hea)

Supper- cornetto enigma (9 syns)

Total 13 syns.

Well, it was a maintain. Which considering the bloating & the drinking on Saturday I think is good. Glad it's not a gain! Going to try to eat lots and lots of superspeed this week!

Superspeed is go! Today is ee (It's subject to change!)

Breakfast- porridge, coffee, banana (heb, part hea)

Snack- strawberries (big pot! ss!), french fries (4)

Lunch- tomato & herb pot shot, melon (ss), strawberries (ss), apple (?s), ww yog.

Dinner- sw lasagne (made 6 portions, 126g cheese & 150g Philly between 6 is approx 1 hea per portion & 1heb xl mince), baked potato, carrots, broccoli. 1 tbs nando's BBQ sauce on my potato (hot and 1 syn)

Total 5 syns.

Had absolutely hideous what I think was heartburn today. It was awful, couldn't concentrate at work, no antacids in my bag, just wanted to lie down! Ouch!

In other news I am very much looking forward to idiot abroad 2 tomorrow night! I loved the first series, I also really like the Ricky gervais show. They really work as a trio.

P.s changed to green!

Last edited:
Today is green again. Absolutely shattered, first week back at work full time has been exhausting. Plus my little girl is poorly. We were supposed to be going to a wedding reception tonight, can't take her like this & can't leave her. I feel really bad about it as it's a wedding but last time we took her to a wedding poorly it was a complete disaster!

Anyway, it's Friday! Hooray!

Breakfast- porridge, coffee, banana (heb, part hea)

Break- chocolate muffin, homemade by a collegue's daughter. Yummy, I will call it 15 syns.

Lunch- mild curry pot shot, melon (half of a galia, ss!), ww yog.

Dinner- lasagne (heb mince, hea cheese & Philly), carrots, broccoli, peas.

I will try to be good & not stuff my face at the wedding reception!

Edit- at the reception I had a sausage & bacon sandwich (White roll- :s), Malibu & diet coke & match box sized piece chocolate cake.

Last edited:
Today I'm going to make some superspeed soup & have it for lunch at work each day this week. Hope it makes a difference!

Green again today

Breakfast- whole galia melon!!

Lunch- baked potato, BBQ beans, 42g rf cheddar (hea), 2 clementines.

Snack- hifi (heb)

Dinner- last of the lasagne (heb mince, hea cheese & Philly), broccoli, carrots, peas.

No syns today- first time I've not had any syns in a day since starting in jan. I'm completely shattered & now in bed. Did plan to have some this evening but felt I would be eating for eating's sake so just got in bed. Pizza topped chicken tomorrow. Yum yum!!

Last edited:
Back