Minime's pregnancy diary: infection after birth

it took quite a while for my OH to be able to feel them even though i could from early on.

good news that things are moving on the pain relief front hon. hopefully the cocodamol 30/500 will help. were you told you could splilt the dosage? i don't know about when pregnant but i take 30/500 for my back pain and was told by the doc that i didn't have to take the lot at once but could split the dosage so give more constant relief rather than being high as a kite for an hour or two and in pain the rest of the time. and it did work. so it might be worth asking about that?

i really feel for you hon.

abz xx

Having your pelvis wired under local sounds horrendous! Did he refer you to the physio?
Not long to go til your scan, are you finding out the sex?

I've been seeing physio since 11 weeks, got my support belts and crutches and pelvic floor exercises. Back again next thurs and if anything is out of alignment she will try manual manipulation as I'm now past 18 weeks.

Definitely want to find out sex, if wee girl we will need to convert loft, if wee boy then we won't.

OH and DS want boy, 2 DS want girl and I don't mind, just want to know.

Just off to your diary to read about the wedding.

I think they're going to try manipulation with me on Tuesday, I can't say I'm looking forward to it!
It's funny how people have a preference as to the sex but us mama's generally aren't bothered as long as they're OK eh?

Its a boy, well at least she said that's what she thought it was. Couldn't get the toilet shot, but obviously she had been looking throughout the scan as I told her at beginning we wanted to know. The 3 kids were allowed in with us, so she must have been pretty sure, otherwise I don't think she would have said anything.

I'm delighted about it, as I'll have 2 girls and 2 boys, and we don't need to rush to convert loft.

Attended physio on Thursday, some pressing and pushing on hips, but said alignment of things was ok. No further appointments made, she said there isn't much else she can do for me. I can go back at any time if pain increases or changes or if I need belt changed etc....

I'm definitely going to ask to be induced so would like it in my records that I am attending regularly so will wait a few weeks and go back for new tubigrip.

So bored sitting at home, just want to be able to do something. Only upside is the baby is kicking loads now, kids have seen stomach move but not been able to feel it.

Congratulations on having a boy hun!! :D xxx

Aww congrats on your blue bump :)
You're in exactly the same position as me Re: the physio though I'm not planning on going back unless I really have to! Hope you're not in too much pain at the moment X

Just picked up my lovely mamas and papas millie n boris moses basket. Bought it from ebay for £12.50 and hardly looks like it has been used. They also asked if I was interested in a samsonite pop up travel cot, never seen one but they put it up, offered it for a tenner, so I bought that too. Just checked ebay same one is selling for 20-25, so another bargain there.

Am really sore today, was next to hubby on couch and he accidentally kicked me whilst playing a computer game with BIL, was actually in tears with pain, he felt so bad and now I'm sorer than I had been. Gonna rest and read more of my new jodi picoult book.

Yay for bargains! And Jodi Picoult books :)
Ouch hun, tell your DH to be more careful in future. Hope you feel better soon ((hugs))

Pain been getting bad again, feel as if someone has kicked me between legs and also at backside. The pubic triangular bit is agony. Co-codamol not touching it. Phoned hospital yesterday and asked if I could make an appointment to attend a clinic so I could see a doctor regarding pain killers.

Receptionist asked me to explain, ....got SPD, using crutches, got support belt, seen doc, can only take 2 cocodamol 30/500 in a day along with 6 paracetemol, not enough, won't prescribe anything else unless under obstetric guidance. Receptionist asks have you not been referred to physio duh... yeah I'm on crutches, support belt etc... can't do anything else. Have you seen your own doc... yeah the whole point of now contacting yourselves. She then proceeds to tell me that she doesn't think they will prescribe me anything else WTF! Are you medically trained, how would you know? kept polite and said I would rather have a doctor to speak to regarding pain etc... She said I'll refer you to maternity assessment unit, explained didn't think that was appropriate, told me she would call me back.

Jesus, am I asking a difficult question, I only want an appointment for ante natal clinic.

Called me back to say Maternity assessment didn't think it was appropriate and they wouldn't prescribe me anything, so eventually she said I could attend clinic today at 2.00pm. Hopefully I'll get a half decent doc who knows what they are talking about.

This way it will all be documented on my notes to be taken into account when I request induction.

OMG don't you just love receptionists who think they know it all (I know you'll have come across a few ;)) Hope you get sorted today hun, let us know how you get on x

Was told by doc that they will not advise any more than 60mg codeine per day along with the paracetemol. So I've to stick with the 2 co-codamol 30/500 over 24 hours. Also said if pain is so severe, they can take me in and give me morphine short term whilst monitoring. Obviously with 3 other kids its not an option. Only good thing to come out of it was that she said I should return at 37+1 weeks to discuss induction at 38 weeks - so at least its all documented.

To be fair, she said I'm even higher risk due to DS stopping breathing after he was born, so there is nothing else they will prescribe for the rest of the pregnancy unless they admit me.

I can have up to 180mg in 24 hours up to 30 weeks but I can see their point about wanting to monitor you given the problems your son had. If it gets too bad is there childcare you can arrange so you can go in for the morphine?
Good news that they are going to consider induction though :)

when i was on 30/500 i used to break the tabs in half and have half a tab each time to spread out the pain relief a wee bit rather than going loopy for an hour or so. would this help in any way if you aren't doing it already hon?

abz xx

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining in.... just wanted to say you poor soul, bet your in agony. Have you tried a tens machine? they are brilliant. I know your GP can "hire" you one but you get them from boots for about £50. If you've tried this just ignore me.

Good luck.

hi guys, I tend to only take 1 co-codamol with 1 paracetemol Abz, even then it hardly touches the pain, so not much point in halfing them. hey freefalling, not sure a tens machine would work because of where the pain is, its in the pubic triangle spreading down between legs and just at the backside and along the groin. Thinking ouch at thought of putting a sticky pad down there tho lol. FF, I've given up the kids after school places as I was going to be off for more than 1 year. If worst comes to worst OH could take some time off even if its unpaid. Although I'm in pain, its good because its made me realise that I just need to rest completely just now, whereas when your not as sore, you think I'll just do that wee thing, I'm sure I'll be alright. I've downloaded a new series called Trauma, so that has been keeping me glued to be chair this morning. Really should enjoy being a couch potato because I'll rarely have the option again after I've had this LO.

i feel so bad for you hon :(

i am getting really nasty pains on the left side of my pubic triangle. even if i sit still or lie down all day :( by the end of a work shift i really hurt. they've already basically stopped me moving at work but i don't know how much longer i'll last. i got referred for group physio but of course that hasn't come through yet. and when it does i have no clue how on earth i would get to it... gah.

i hope your rest helps somewhat hon.

abz xx

Yeah you should definitely be resting, that's why you've been signed off. You're not being lazy, you're looking after yourself!
Glad that if it's needed your OH can take time off, it's good for you to know the option is there if it becomes unbearable.
My eyes are watering at the thought of using a TENS machine. I've just been out and bought 4 new pillows, I'm putting them under my bum /lower back when sitting down to push my pelvis forward and support my back, it doesn't make a huge difference but it helps a little bit so maybe worth a try?

Back