Minime's pregnancy diary: infection after birth

Hope you get some relief soon... :D

I'm not sure about where you would need to put the pads, i use mine for headaches and you put the pad on your hand between your thumb and index finger (random i know!).

Oli x

Hi, am new to your thread - wanted to say HUGE congrats!
Sounds like you need to rest and your work as a nurse certainly wouldn't lend to that.. remember that you've paid your dues to allow yourself this time and you deserve it.. for you and your lovely baby!
((hugs))
If you want something to do. I can recommend Hypno birthing - if you don't know about it there is something to read up on! ;) Tums 2 Mums is a great site and I got some Mp3's from the 'owner' in her shop and they worked a treat for relaxing me and preparing for birth etc. I had a home birth with just gas and air in the last 15 mins.. just in case you're trying to avoid pain relief in birth too. lol

I feel so fat and have done for past few days. Now I know I'm pregnant and obviously to others as well. Think I've now put on about 21lbs, with last 7lbs of those being in last couple of weeks. All I want to do is eat, not sure if its boredom or baby going through a growth spurt.

I feel like I've got a massive double chin and my thighs are huge. Its so hard when you constantly watch your weight and diet to let it go when pregnant. Now I'm not going to diet to try and lose weight, but I really need to try to be sensible about what I eat, considering I'm just about immobile, so no hope of walking any calories off.

I'm having the same problem hun, thought I'd got away with it a bit but it's only these last few weeks the lbs have started piling on :( I'm being more aware of what I eat but DH goes mad if he thinks I'm "dieting" (I wouldn't!) Food shopping is getting obscenely expensive and being on sick pay isn't helping so I'm going to start menu planning and hopefully that will kill two birds with one stone.

i too feel like a hippopotamus and have done for some time. i'm at the heaviest i've ever been. and i know. i know i'm pregnant. but in july i was nearly 3 stones lighter and i still have the majority of the third trimester when the baby grows massively to go... i'm hoping that loads of it miraculously vanishes when i had the baby, but i've eaten far too much for it all to be baby!!

abz xx

Just realised that I have less than 100 days to go, 97 in fact, assuming i get induced and I'm sure I will. 14 weeks doesn't seem like forever so I'm sure this little baba will be here before I know it.

Friend reminded last week I have the Whitney Houston concert next month, but she doesn't know if its sitting or standing. Explained if standing I probably won't make it which won't bother me too much. She understands as she has been through all my pregnancies with me and knows how sore I am.

Off to midwife this afternoon for routine check, doctors appt tomorrow for my last sick line which will need to last me for 9 weeks and then need to hand my matb1 and HR forms into work before I hit the 25 week mark.

Feeling a bit more breathless now and am even more limited in what I can manage to do, but keep telling myself 14 weeks isn't that long.

Hello! Thought I'd come and check out your diary. Sorry to read about the SPD. I can completely sympathise as I spent 6 months in bed with my last pregnancy. Grade 4 placenta praevia with multiple bleeds and threatened miscarriages. The docs ordered me to stay in bed with my hips higher than my shoulders to keep the child off the placenta. Wasn't allowed out of bed for anything except to go to the loo and felt like I was going to go insane by the end of it. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it in the end but omg I was so sick of the sight of the same 4 walls all the time, I longed to be allowed to just walk into the kitchen. Spent about 6 weeks of it in hospital and that was horrid too, great care but you just want to be home.

14 weeks really isn't that long, it will be here before you know it. Hope all goes well with the midwife this afternoon.

x

Viable too!

Forgot to mention this morning that I've reached viability yeah. Funny why it means so much when its just another day of pregnancy.

Been to midwife, she was so lovely (different one from normal, and the one I seen today is my named midwife). She said they can come to house for my midwifery checks, but just now that is one of the few things I leave the house for so said I will let her know when I'm a bit further on. In the meantime, I will pop down to the health centre.

Also said she wants to monitor me more regularly to keep an eye on my blood pressure, its wasn't even high 120/80. When I was at hospital other week it was 175/89 but that was a really bad day and it settled when they done it again. She said it is creeping up bit by bit, but particularly due to the pain I'm in with SPD she wants to monitor it so I'm back again in 3 weeks.

Final thing she told me to ask about acupuncture/aromatherapy options at the hospital for my SPD, which I have done, but they only offer it in labour. Midwife is from hospital I should deliver in but chose not to and told me they have both of these options at that hospital but she can't refer me there as I'm not delivering there.

Lovely to see you IB, didn't realise you had huge issues in your last pregnancy, fingers crossed this time it will be a much better pregnancy that you may be able to enjoy a bit more - hyperemisis permitting.

Lovely to see you IB, didn't realise you had huge issues in your last pregnancy, fingers crossed this time it will be a much better pregnancy that you may be able to enjoy a bit more - hyperemisis permitting.

Oh yes, I had a nightmare pregnancy last time. Hyper-emetic from week 6 right up to delivery, bed-bound for months on end thanks to the placenta, multiple bleeds, blood transfusion due to very poor levels of clotting factor and severe anaemia, winding up with an emergency Caesar at 35 weeks. But the baby was delivered healthy and I was fine after it all, so no complaints really. And I had great medical care.

Though I am certainly hoping it's easier this time around! Like you I was counting the days til delivery. My docs were hoping to delay the Caesar til 38 weeks but the baby finally got fed up of having his early-exit attempts thwarted and left them with no choice! So 35 weeks it was, a bit scary but he was a good weight and able to breathe unaided so it all worked out well.

Oh and I'm glad you like your midwife, that helps. Maybe the extra monitoring will count in your favour in your quest to be induced early?

sorry your having such a hard time hun, hoping these 14 weeks go very fast for you! xx

Hope your MW appointment went well. I'll find out in 2 weeks if they'll induce me coz of the SPD, any tips on what to say to convince them? I'm getting quite down being in pain all the time and not being able to do anything :( I have a history of depression so might play on that a bit. When you seeing the consultant? x

I don't go back to hospital until 37 weeks and will see consultant then regarding induction at 38 weeks, that is earliest my hospital will do it.

I just tell them like it is, spend all time in pain, crawl upstairs to go to toilet/bed, not sleeping, taking painkillers although not ideal its a necessity, using crutches and of course you should mention how this has affected you mood wise, because your stuck in the house all day everyday, unable to do much if anything.

Would definitely say make sure your keeping in touch with your physio so its marked on your records. Mention about pain levels at your next appointment, ask if there is anything else available above and beyond what your taking, just so they know that what you are taking is not really working for you anyway.

MW appt was good except she wants to see me more often to keep an eye on my blood pressure, partly due to spd pain but also because it was up at 175/89 on a day I was in agony with spd and attended hospital. In saying that, its 120/80 so absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sister texted this morning to say she had her little boy just before midnight, he was roughly 3 weeks early and weighed just under 6lbs.

We were out for lunch the day before yesterday and had been talking about sex of baby. My mum was told by a psychic she would have her final 2 grandkids this year, one would be a boy, the other a girl. I found out that I'm probably having a boy and everyone assumed she was having a girl except her as she said boys are always first born in OH family, so this wee boy has been a bit of shock to us.

Now got us thinking that maybe the gender of our baby could be wrong or more than likely the psychic is wrong. Need to book my scan today, I don't like indecision and considering the sonographer couldn't tell us the sex for definite it now seems a bit up in the air.

Other thing is that I've held off on buying much blue saying I'll wait till I've had my next scan, wondering if thats an instinctive thing or just being sensible.

Congratulations to your sister! That's lovely news.

I was always told by the obstetrician that it's incredibly rare to be told you're having a boy and for it to then be a girl as they only tell you it's a boy if they've actually seen the dangly bits! About 10% of people who are told it's a girl have a boy because if the baby tucks its willy tight up between its legs, it can't be seen on the scan.

If the scanner wasn't sure though, I'd wait until the next scan before buying too much blue. You still have plenty of time for shopping. I'm kind of surprised they said anything if they weren't sure, I always thought they hedged their bets until they were positive. My lad kept us guessing til 28 weeks - every time the obstetrician moved the scan thingy towards his groin, he'd snap his knees together as if to say OI, that's private! Of course, by 28 weeks we'd had to already start shipping our stuff in so we bought everything in white. I'm hoping this baby is more co-operative, otherwise we'll be buying all white again.

Is your 3D scan an NHS thing or private? We don't have them at all here, just the normal ones.

Hey IB.

The scan is a private thing, want it done so i can take kids.

I'm sure it is a boy, I told sonographer at start of scan I wanted to know, so she obviously was looking throughout the whole process. However, when she actually tried to get the view to confirm it she couldn't. The 3 kids were in the room with us, so I'm sure if she wasn't pretty sure she wouldn't have said. She said she couldn't say for definite but in her opinion it was most likely a boy.

Congratulations to your sister!
6 different psychic mediums told me i'd have a boy so you can imagine the shock I got when I was told it was a girl! One of the main reasons we were keen to get the 4D scan and I made the poor sonographer check for about 5 mins til I fully believed her!
When you having your 4D scan?

Hopefully over easter weekend sometime, intend to book it today when I make decision on package.

Trying to work out if i can justify extra £60 for a cd with images that are on the dvd. Someone mentioned that I could print images from the dvd so now I'm all confused again.

You could do it as a screen shot I suppose :)

Back