Minime's pregnancy diary: infection after birth

Had my wee boy yesterday morning following induction, got prostin at 10.30pm previous night, had severe back ache when I came off monitor which I had been on for 4 hours, apparently baby's heartbeat was decelerating, but it was really the antequated machine they were using. Got off that about 1.15am, back was breaking, took co-codamol and paracetemol, no difference in pain, put tens on at 2am, managed in ward with this until 4.00am and asked to see midwife, she examined me and said I was 4-5cm at 4.15am. She would call labour ward to see if they could get me down. Got down there about 5am, hooked to monitors, kept on tens, started on gas and air about 5.15am whilst lovely midwife phoned hubby. Told I'd be reexamined at 8 when new midwives came on, she did this and said I was only 1-2cm I could've cried, she tried to break waters but didn't manage, thankfully doctors did, this was around 9.00am, contractions became so much more intense. Laboour progressed quickly and I delivered him around 11am, he weighed 8lb 8.5oz. Got home after 6 hr discharge. Just trying to bluetooth my photos so will post when I sort it.

Congratulations!!! So pleased to hear that all went well for you. I hope you're soon feeling much better and that the SPD disappears quickly now you've had him.

xx

Congratulations on your new, not so little boy :)

Aww congratulations! x x

Congratulations! Hope you see a real improvement in your SPD symptoms now x

Some piccies of baby.

Photo0045.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

P1000616.jpg

P1000601.jpg

Awwww he is gorgeous :), I especially love the second one, he looks like he is smiling :)

Thanks for all your comments guys.

I'm still sore Irene, afterpains OMG, spd pain now more achey than painful, but do need painkillers. Much more mobile and better range of movement, so all in all I'm on the mend.

My legs/feet are even more swollen, wouldn't have thought that possible, can't wait till they go down and I can wear shoes/trainers etc... for now I'll stick with the flip flops.

Baby is such a delight, so contented.

The swelling thing is bizarre isn't it? I always swell up a few days after the birth, my feet look like they belong to an elephant for a few days :eek: It will go though just try and keep them up as high as you can , when you get a chance;)

Thought I'd update my diary as not been on since posted photo.

Unfortunately, the severe/horrific afterpains I had been experiencing were in fact an infection in my womb. Thankfully antibiotics have cleared it up quickly. I had been at hospital twice with a query waters leak and was told it wasn't waters. Whilst in labour and after doctor had broken my waters, I heard mw say to her so her hind waters had actually gone. I think this may have been my source of infection, but all is good now.

Trust your instincts girls, if something doesn't feel right to you, it probably isn't.

I'm on my 4th lot of abx too and you know every time I go the doctors and midwives say to me "it always happens to nurses" Maybe we should consider a career change? lol. Glad you're feeling better now x

Back