Minime's pregnancy diary: infection after birth

Hey FF, if I had needed work to sign my form for the 2nd and 3rd part of the course, I don't think I would have been allowed to do it. Due to the fact its self funded and don't need their permission as such, I've carried on with it.

Got a letter yesterday from work saying that I went onto half sick pay at end of February and am due to go to no pay at end of April, as you only get the full allowance when you have been there 5 years. Wish someone had told me, as it turns out they paid me normally in March and I now need to pay back what they have overpaid me. Topping it off with the clinical lead nurse setting up a meeting with her and HR next Tuesday. I've explained its difficult for me to get about but she said I need to go in for it.

Was also worried at start about fact I'll have been off for 14 months, but now I think it won't take me long to get back into swing of things, so don't really mind.

Hey guys, not been up to much here, started working on my essay for next part of this course I'm doing, but struggling big time to find support/arguing articles. I'll get there though, determined to have this done before I go for appt on 7th June re induction plans.

Had meeting with manager and HR, basically I would have been due to go onto SSP only for 2 weeks before my holidays kicked in. They didn't have a problem with this, but offered me opportunity to use holidays to cover it if I wished. I chose this option as I had 2 weeks added on to end of maternity leave, and I think by that time, being off for 14 months I will be climbing the walls to get back. Didn't mind using them as its OH who will be looking after the LO when I'm working. So should have a normal pay next month, although my half pay this month, seems way more than half pay:confused:.

Also got letter from tax credits, I used to pay 400 per month to childcare for kids, I got 513 per month from them. Notified them to say kids no longer attending and they have now knocked my payments down to 49 per month, if thats right, then they were paying over 100% of my childcare bill, another thing I'm mystified over. Just going to wait until renewal pack comes through now, as obviously there will be big changes to my salary this year with maternity leave etc...

Off to Mw this afternoon for routine check, now 31+2, so less than 7 weeks to go if induced t 38 weeks, can't wait.

Hope all goes well with the MW this afternoon. Tax credits are a complete mystery to me - and I suspect they're a mystery to most of the Inland Revenue as well, given how often they seem to get them wrong! Some of my friends have had terrible problems sorting things out with them.

I've used holidays too, but still not looking forward to August's wage slip coming through the door with the reduced maternity pay on!
Hope everything went well with MW, I'm counting down to 38 weeks too (whilst crapping myself at the same time lol)

I'm doing ok FF, not been posting much as not too much difference.

Pain increasing in pelvis, feet are massively swollen (elephantitis syndrome lol), bored out of my head, but only 4 or 5 weeks to go.

Got a christening to go to in 2 weeks and absolutely dreading it, really would rather not go, but need to as its my sisters son and we're really close.

Currently working on my essay to keep me occupied, but I can't even be bothered doing that, as feeling really tired now as well.

So thats my moans and groans done, hope I've not depressed you too much.

Ah hunny, moan away, we're all in the same boat lol.
Sorry you're going through it all, sending lots of hugs and hope that he decides to come as soon as you're term! x

hey honey. hope you are doing ok. i am being generally grumpy this morning. it's so HOT!! and i feel like an egg with legs that can't walk about. ha.

abz xx

Hopefully it won't be long for you now, only 2 days till DD. Fingers crossed you don't go overdue.

I call myself a weeble wobble, so your egg on legs description is pretty similar lol.

Just realised I forgot to update on here.

Woke up on Tuesday morning and my feet/ankles had literally doubled in size, had them up all morning, still no better. Couldn't see MW but GP could see me so went to get checked, everything was fine. Sent away with if you develop headache, floating bits in front of eye or more swelling contact maternity assessment unit immediately.

Wednesday morning swelling had went down slightly and stayed down, Thursday just the same. Had MW appt booked anyway, BP 175/109, asked her to take it manually it was 169/104 and slight headache. Protein and ketones in my urine. Also mentioned that I felt like I had a slight fluid leak, not enough to wet a pad more like a few drips (sure it wasn't urine), but noticeable on my underwear. Midwife felt it best I go to maternity assessment, sorted kids out after school - left them with neighbour and headed down there.

Surprise, surprise after waiting an hour and a half, BP absolutely fine, baby's heart rate fine, having mild contractions (which I could feel but not sore as such, more an ache). Speculum test carried out, apparently not amniotic fluid. Was allowed to go home with instructions to contact them if any further developments.

Still leaking, but more like a few drips at a time when I stand up, there is a distinct smell (not urine) but still not wetting the pad, so no idea what the leak is - assuming now its watery discharge. Still getting some tightenings and had some snotty like discharge, all sounds like something might be happening, but I know it isn't and I'm happy for that to be the case until my little man is at term.

How many weeks are you now? Is the little man a good weight if he decides he's too impatient to stay put?
Hope you're not too uncomfortable at the moment.
x

I'm a day or 2 off 35 weeks. Sure he is a good weight as growth scan put him on the 90th centile which means he'll be a big one.

Also think he'll stay put till consultant decides to induce him, much as I don't like pregnancy at all I'd rather he stayed put for a couple of weeks so likelihood of breathing problems is reduced

Hope your well IB.

I'm ok, same old, same old. No improvement but no scares so that's Ok. 19 weeks now, so halfway there. My DS decided to come at 35 weeks and was a good weight. Docs gave me the steroids to mature the lungs just in case but he never even needed the incubator.

It's great that you're down to the final few weeks now. Does the SPD let up pretty much straight after delivery or does it take a while to ease off?

Seen consultant and spent 50 mins with midwife today, all good news. Go in next Thursday night for induction, if I don't need the prostin they will just take me to delivery suite on Fri morning and break my waters, I'll be 38+3 by then. Midwife said I'm 2cm dilated, cervix soft and floppy, gave me a long membrane sweep on consultants instructions, said she had pulled cervix forward. She tried her best to get me into ward on Tuesday night and then Wednesday night, but thursday was the earliest they could fit me in. I'm happy with that anyway, I can finally see an end to the spd pain.

Consultant was very pleasant, just asked about pain, home/family circumstances, previous labours/inductions, sleep pattern, said she had seen me sitting in waiting room and I looked very uncomfortable. Said no point making me wait till 40 weeks as that would just be cruel, but felt 37 weeks was just too early to induce, but was happy to allow the stretch and sweep in the hope I went into labour myself, also said this isn't something that she would normally offer so early on, so felt quite privileged lol.

Thought my hind waters had broken and thought I was trickling slowly, she done speculum test and found it to be loads of mucus discharge which was causing leaking and not my waters, however, I've been having loads of period cramps/tightenings since yesterday evening, so fingers crossed the stretch and sweep works and I go before I need to be induced.

Hi there......at least you have the end in sight now, especially with spd pain!
I has a sweep with dd on fri afternoon and by sunday night my contractions started!

Good luck! x

Really pleased for you ;), hopefully you will go by yourself and not need the date but if not you now have an end in sight to the miserable SPD, good luck hun keep us posted :)

Back