Minimins is back .. Are any Cambridge Dieters Back

Hi enlightenme2 :) I think its quiet because people haven't really caught on that the site is back up. I guess it will liven up with time.

So today I've already had 2litres of water, a chocolate mint shake and a cappuccino shake. Its a cold day so I took them hot. I want to have a cup of coffee now with a bit of my milk allowance to stave away beginning hunger pangs of day 2 on sole source. Not looking forward to tomorrow, but it just has to happen to start the process of ketosis. I so dread day 3's.....I think its even a mind thing with me as surprisingly I don't always feel hungry on day 3. Let's hope it all goes well and doesn't fall into the abyss of my botched day 3 history from recent past....week 1 is always the make it or break it week ;)

:rolleyes:...It's not helping however when 'well meaning' folks keep dumping candy and stuff on my desk. :(. Sabotage I tell you. Thank goodness for Cambridge bars; I'm such a chocaholic!!!....well I used to be; now I simply crave those frigging lemon yoghurt bars. Gonna have to 'cheat' with one of them as my 3rd product of the day, lol. #looking for someone to dump unsolicited candy on:p

Hi All,

I am starting back on the Cambridge on Sunday after having my daughter.
I am really looking forward to it but I am also super nervous it has been nearly 2 years since I stopped

:rolleyes:...It's not helping however when 'well meaning' folks keep dumping candy and stuff on my desk. :(. Sabotage I tell you. Thank goodness for Cambridge bars; I'm such a chocaholic!!!....well I used to be; now I simply crave those frigging lemon yoghurt bars. Gonna have to 'cheat' with one of them as my 3rd product of the day, lol. #looking for someone to dump unsolicited candy on:p

Next time take that candy and give it to the first homeless person you see! Will lift their spirits! ;)
But good on you for resisting

Hey Marshma you can do it, ok? Don't be nervous, just be determined. Especially if you did it before. That means you already know what to expect; it also means you know your weaknesses so you need to prepare yourself for dealing with situations where your weakness will be tested. So welcome back on board!!!:)

By the way, the consultant in me asks....are you nursing? Also, how soon is it after you put to bed? No Cambridge dieting yet for nursing moms :)...;););)

Next time take that candy and give it to the first homeless person you see! Will lift their spirits! ;)
But good on you for resisting

Hahahaha you bet I did something close to that :). I know I'm not supposed to have bars yet....but hey....better a Cambridge bar than falling off the wagon eh?

So today is my Day 3.....and so far so good, its been a breeze so far. I had a delicious mango shake on ice in the morning and a hot chocolate mint shake for lunch. I've drank so much water I almost had a bathroom accident :oops:. So far so good....now time to get psyched up to brave the weekend....phew!!!

Hi just findihg5my way around here and is great to find more cambridge people ☺
Day 8 for me and doing ok.....weigh in tomorrow morning. Actually can't wait as I can feel I have shifted stuff . How are you all doing ? X

I got poorly!! :(
So I didn't manage to start on the 1st liked I'd hoped but I did manage to get started on Thursday. Day 3 almost over and I'm 100%.

I peed on an out of date ketostix so I don't know if its reliable or not but it looks as if I'm mildly in Ketosis. Seeing my consultant on Monday

Hi Metamorphosis!!! Whoo hoo!!! Keep it up with that day 8 record of yours and continue, ok? No distractions:D! How I wish I could get 8 days in straight. :( weekend slip up...so back to day 1 again on Monday. Again. Sigh.....

Hi Metamorphosis!!! Whoo hoo!!! Keep it up with that day 8 record of yours and continue, ok? No distractions:D! How I wish I could get 8 days in straight. :( weekend slip up...so back to day 1 again on Monday. Again. Sigh.....

Argh those infamous weekends! CWP on weekends seems to drag longer than weekdays doesn't it?? All those temptations etc. just move on, that's the best you can do... Maybe next weekend you should mix things up? Get up later than usual, then maybe not do what you consider your weekend routine? For me it was getting out of the house all weekend. The simple thought of cooking for the family, kids' activities etc just sets me off sometimes. So we went away and came back late last night. Of course I'm exhausted, but it was great to be out of the house!

Well ladies I'm ashamed to say that I completely fell off the wagon last week so I am not expecting any loos this week. I am however back on day 1 and raring to go.

I hope that you are all continuing to do well and look forward to hearing all of your success stories and supporting one another no matter how long it takes.

Just tried the spaghetti... Does anyone know the limit on how many we can have per week? I really could hang in there confidently if I could have one every night.. I mean I tried the risotto and couldn't finish it, but this is actually pretty good!

Well...correct me if I'm wrong but you are actually allowed to have one spaghetti sachet per day, the limit being only on the amount you can consume daily not weekly as the total calorie consumption for the day still falls below 700. However......having said that, I personally don't advocate spaghetti until after 2 weeks on sole source as then you are confirmed to be established in ketosis and this is because a few (emphasis on few) clients complain of minimal weight loss especially compared to their last time on the plan when spaghetti wasn't available. Anyway, if spaghetti will encourage you sticking to the plan then please have your sachet but try to space them to every other day so you have something to look forward to ;)

I'm having a hot chocolate mint shake this morning!:thankyouthankyou:

I've found out my new favorites are: Chocolate mint, Cappucino (both must be very hot) oriental chilli and Maple n Pecan porridge. I also love interspacing with key lime and mango (both must be very cold).

Basil soup also is my alternative go-to soup; while original porridge is my alternative go-to porridge. Chocolate and vanilla sometimes spice up my hot shake routine :D.

That's the balance I've found works for me. Even though the spag & risotto are absolutely divine I put them on the back bench with the bars (which I also love) till I clock 2 weeks on sole source as I've found out I have very low tolerance for foods generally with slightly higher carb content.

So that's my Cambridge balance. What's yours?;)

I'm having a hot chocolate mint shake this morning!:thankyouthankyou:

I've found out my new favorites are: Chocolate mint, Cappucino (both must be very hot) oriental chilli and Maple n Pecan porridge. I also love interspacing with key lime and mango (both must be very cold).

Basil soup also is my alternative go-to soup; while original porridge is my alternative go-to porridge. Chocolate and vanilla sometimes spice up my hot shake routine :D.

That's the balance I've found works for me. Even though the spag & risotto are absolutely divine I put them on the back bench with the bars (which I also love) till I clock 2 weeks on sole source as I've found out I have very low tolerance for foods generally with slightly higher carb content.

So that's my Cambridge balance. What's yours?;)

So my routine doesn't vary much I must say, I like the chocolate tetra, the original porridge, the vegetable soup
I'm not a big fan of the shakes, but I must say I love the key lime shake as my go-to alternative, but I find my stomach aching usually afterwards, I'm lactose intolerant and I think it must have more dairy than others
I love the peanut bar, sometimes I'll eat the chewy chocolate one, but it upsets my stomach as well.

I tried the risotto and find it vile! But I loved the spaghetti bolognese yesterday! I'm not a big loser and I know I'm here for a while, so I'd rather lose less but keep at it, than lose big but get discouraged. If the allowance is one - it is 200k then fine, I'm not that sensitive to carbs. That's it for me, and the rest of you?

Last edited:
Hmm, its always an added bonus to actually like and tolerate the stuff you need to take to lose weight, lol! I used to really love all the products - save a few ;). But now, they all taste so blah... Which is why I established a routine sort of. That way I approach the meals like medicine - i.e mandatory and not optional, heheheh. So what day do I call today with all sincerity? Day 3? or Day 1 ...:p

Hmm, its always an added bonus to actually like and tolerate the stuff you need to take to lose weight, lol! I used to really love all the products - save a few ;). But now, they all taste so blah... Which is why I established a routine sort of. That way I approach the meals like medicine - i.e mandatory and not optional, heheheh. So what day do I call today with all sincerity? Day 3? or Day 1 ...:p

Oh let's go for sincere! Day 1 is good for me as well - I told myself no cheating if I could have the spaghetti every night...
But today I didn't make it to my consultant's office and I STILL was 100% But for other reasons, I'm going to call it Day 1 for me as well. Today was the first day my head was well and truly in the game!
i don't know what it is but my system seems stuck on "pause" I'm not losing as quickly as I should be... I think I'm getting old! :grumble::rant:

Heheheheh :D Thanks for helping me keep it real ;)...So today is day 2 and I'm sipping my strawberry shake (yummm) as I type. Already had a cup of coffee with skim milk this morning and I have a gazillion different flavor sachets in my bag to keep me on track. If I need to take an extra sachet or 2 I rather do that than get a couple packs of biscuits...the thought of doing that has been tempting me all night!:(. I'm reallllllly struggling here!!! I wore a (now 2 yr old :cool:) size 12 suit of mine that's starting to feel a tad bit snug! I'm mortified!!! I can't go back, never!!! #WarCry!!!

Well ladies I'm ashamed to say that I completely fell off the wagon last week so I am not expecting any loos this week. I am however back on day 1 and raring to go.

I hope that you are all continuing to do well and look forward to hearing all of your success stories and supporting one another no matter how long it takes.
Where is Monica88? Hope you are back on track? Come back and join the strugglers party here :0icanfly:

Back