Minimins is back .. Are any Cambridge Dieters Back

Yeah, made them for my son's 2 bday... I was high on Cambridge at the time, I tasted nothing, not even the frosting. If I were to repeat the experience, I'd say 1-2 would probably go unaccounted for! :eatdrink023:

Ha ha! I feel you on that ;). I had bucket loads of discipline too back then . . .now I find myself saying maybe 1 won't hurt ....:D. Well I've kinda reminded myself the hard way that yes, one will and has hurt since you never really do stop at one ;) (ha ha ha) thank goodness I have enough presence of mind to quickly nip all excesses in the bud :D

So much to choose from :rolleyes:... Have you tried Exante before? I'm asking because some of their packs look real good. I don't do shakes because i'm lactose intolerant, even with the porridge and the bars I get upset stomachs sometimes, spaghetti bolo doesn't bother me much, so I was wondering if adding variety could actually help me. I am in it for the long run as well and something you wrote resonated in me. I'm not in for the crash-diet. I have 6 stones to lose and then comes the hardest, maintenance, so I'm not just doing a hit and run... I need something to keep me sane

No, I haven't though I'm aware there are so many meal replacement products out there. I feel the products and water consumed on the Cambridge plan has a lot to do with managing our metabolism as well as providing us with nutritionally balanced low calorie meals so I don't want to upset whatever balance is achieved using a particular program's product. I stay away from all others while on sole source. But while actively maintaining I allow myself pick up a few from other plans. I particularly like to 'endulge' myself with the candies on Atkins, but I wouldn't move near them with a 10ft pole while on Cambridge sole source!!!

No, I haven't though I'm aware there are so many meal replacement products out there. I feel the products and water consumed on the Cambridge plan has a lot to do with managing our metabolism as well as providing us with nutritionally balanced low calorie meals so I don't want to upset whatever balance is achieved using a particular program's product. I stay away from all others while on sole source. But while actively maintaining I allow myself pick up a few from other plans. I particularly like to 'endulge' myself with the candies on Atkins, but I wouldn't move near them with a 10ft pole while on Cambridge sole source!!!

Oh not really familiar with the Atkins plan, that whole protein no carbs thing sort of scares me, especially meat consumption in that amount, I mean believe it or not - if you get the good quality kind, it will probably RUIN a budget!
I'm going to order some exact products as I did the nutritional comparison on the "meal packs" and see if i like the taste! As Jillian Michaels says (yes I did her plan as well back in the day - woke up at 5 to exercise, went running etc.. can't even get up at 7 now! o_O).. Anyway as she says, 1 calorie is 1 calorie so at the end of the day, if you're consuming 600 - 800 calories - your body is going to burn fat
I just think I'm bored with cambridge, that's when I start justifying my picking of "one of this, a little of that" and at the end of the day, I've consumed 100-200 extra calories and still not satisfied if that makes any sense. I just feel that something new may spur my motivation - just writing out loud here

Oh not really familiar with the Atkins plan, that whole protein no carbs thing sort of scares me, especially meat consumption in that amount, I mean believe it or not - if you get the good quality kind, it will probably RUIN a budget!
I'm going to order some exact products as I did the nutritional comparison on the "meal packs" and see if i like the taste! As Jillian Michaels says (yes I did her plan as well back in the day - woke up at 5 to exercise, went running etc.. can't even get up at 7 now! o_O).. Anyway as she says, 1 calorie is 1 calorie so at the end of the day, if you're consuming 600 - 800 calories - your body is going to burn fat
I just think I'm bored with cambridge, that's when I start justifying my picking of "one of this, a little of that" and at the end of the day, I've consumed 100-200 extra calories and still not satisfied if that makes any sense. I just feel that something new may spur my motivation - just writing out loud here

Lolll!!! Atkins has some sweets that are very 'non-meaty' if I must say. I feel they are made up more of fat and sweeteners really and coated in chocolate but I don't care coz they are really tiny and they taste nice!!! Particularly when I'm in the mood to indulge my sweet tooth lol. Better that than raiding the nearby candy store!!! I don't care much for the real Atkins plan for active weight loss by the way; I tried it but kept plateauing at some point. I've found out that watching calories and exercising more are all you really need to keep the weight from piling on.

Have you tried the lactose free shakes on Cambridge? Chocolate orange, Cappuccino, and special vanilla and chocolate lactose free variety are nice go-to's if you're lactose intolerant!

Lolll!!! Atkins has some sweets that are very 'non-meaty' if I must say. I feel they are made up more of fat and sweeteners really and coated in chocolate but I don't care coz they are really tiny and they taste nice!!! Particularly when I'm in the mood to indulge my sweet tooth lol. Better that than raiding the nearby candy store!!! I don't care much for the real Atkins plan for active weight loss by the way; I tried it but kept plateauing at some point. I've found out that watching calories and exercising more are all you really need to keep the weight from piling on.

Have you tried the lactose free shakes on Cambridge? Chocolate orange, Cappuccino, and special vanilla and chocolate lactose free variety are nice go-to's if you're lactose intolerant!

Yes I've tried them, but I'm a savory gal - the shakes I can contemplate doing in the summer ...however, when I'm cold, there's no way I'll go near a shake - I love love love the vegetable soup though! When I have a chocolate craving, the cambridge chewy chocolate bar does the trick for me oddly enough. So I cut it in cubes and stick it in the freezer... when I feel like I'm going to fall off the wagon, BOOM I pop one of those suckers in (or 2 or 3) and voila - I'm appeased

Hmmmmm, I'm liking that chewy bar idea. I will invest in some with my next supply :D. I used to really like all the soups myself; but now I can only manage the tomato basil and the odd oriental chilli once in a while. Have you tried the shakes hot? Especially for those cold periods? I love all the chocolate variants hot while the fruity variants must be ice cold or no show :D. I really hate warm shakes or room temperature for that matter. Do you feel colder than usual while on Cambridge?

Hmmmmm, I'm liking that chewy bar idea. I will invest in some with my next supply :D. I used to really like all the soups myself; but now I can only manage the tomato basil and the odd oriental chilli once in a while. Have you tried the shakes hot? Especially for those cold periods? I love all the chocolate variants hot while the fruity variants must be ice cold or no show :D. I really hate warm shakes or room temperature for that matter. Do you feel colder than usual while on Cambridge?

I'm usually cold due to bad circulation but on CD my god! I am FROZEN. I really don't like the shakes hot. I usually have a coffee and put choc tetra in it, but have to have a lactaid with it.

Hi guys!!!!
Loving the fact minimins is back :)
Well today is the start of day 4 for me and I am struggling with the hunger, I have 32lbs to lose to get back to the weight I used to be and feel happy at

There's one thing I'm worried about a d it's the savoury packs I've had chicken tikka and Mac and cheese and I just feel like I'm eating too much carbs. I know there's only like 200 kcals in each pack but I'm worried as I'm in my first week I won't go into ketosis and it's not going to get easier :( I have ordered some ketone sticks so I will be able to test tomorrow.

Good luck everybody and keep up the good work!! :)
Beth
X

I f
Hi guys!!!!
Well today is the start of day 4 for me and I am struggling with the hunger, I have 32lbs to lose to get back to the weight I used to be and feel happy at

There's one thing I'm worried about a d it's the savoury packs I've had chicken tikka and Mac and cheese and I just feel like I'm eating too much carbs. I know there's only like 200 kcals in each pack but I'm worried as I'm in my first week I won't go into ketosis and it's not going to get easier :( I have ordered some ketone sticks so I will be able to test tomorrow.

Beth
X

I feel you on that, even though I haven't yet tasted the new savoury packs yet, lol. I know some people who wouldn't touch any cambridge product over 160 calories with a 10 ft pole while on sole source - that is bars and all savoury products - and I think it's really a matter of personal choice.

For me I have no problem with having one every other day as long as I'm over 2 weeks on sole source as that takes care of any doubts of being in ketosis. The packs won't knock you out of ketosis if you are already there....it's the getting in that's the issue and it's different for all of us as we have different thresholds. While some get in with out a problem others have a harder time. No one size fits all for ketosis I'm afraid :)

I'm usually cold due to bad circulation but on CD my god! I am FROZEN. I really don't like the shakes hot. I usually have a coffee and put choc tetra in it, but have to have a lactaid with it.
Wow!!! Same here. I'm usually finding myself all layered up while in active ketosis. That's why I know I'm not in ketosis at the moment coz its frigging hot around here :D.

New week resolution starting tomorrow:cool:: Achieve 100% sole source as much as I can. :D. I think I've pussied around enough already; I'm seeing a bit of progress but it's not enough. 2 of my clients however recorded massive first week drops of 5 and 6 kg respectively over the weekend and I'm currently greeeen with envy :D.

I f

I feel you on that, even though I haven't yet tasted the new savoury packs yet, lol. I know some people who wouldn't touch any cambridge product over 160 calories with a 10 ft pole while on sole source - that is bars and all savoury products - and I think it's really a matter of personal choice.

For me I have no problem with having one every other day as long as I'm over 2 weeks on sole source as that takes care of any doubts of being in ketosis. The packs won't knock you out of ketosis if you are already there....it's the getting in that's the issue and it's different for all of us as we have different thresholds. While some get in with out a problem others have a harder time. No one size fits all for ketosis I'm afraid :)
Really??? I wish i would of known this before i wouldnt of ordered them :( just hope i can get in to ketosis but i have no idea what its meant to feel like? :/

So glad to see u girls have stayed on track. I've woken this morning with a new state of mind and so far nothing naughty has passed my lips. It's still early but here's to hoping that this will be my official restart :) x

Really??? I wish i would of known this before i wouldnt of ordered them :( just hope i can get in to ketosis but i have no idea what its meant to feel like? :/

I think ketosis is different for everyone. For me it's dry mouth, cold, deep sleeps, early mornings and no hunger pains or cravings. Getting there is the hardest but for me then it's plain sailing... Well kind of xx

I think ketosis is different for everyone. For me it's dry mouth, cold, deep sleeps, early mornings and no hunger pains or cravings. Getting there is the hardest but for me then it's plain sailing... Well kind of xx
Thanks!! :) dont think i'm there just yet x

Thanks!! :) dont think i'm there just yet x

I have ketosis sticks got them from eBay about £5. It may be worth you investing. I use them throughout to test what foods kick me out and which ones don't for ss+ as I'm a sucker for carrotts but they are not on the allowed list. X

I have ketosis sticks got them from eBay about £5. It may be worth you investing. I use them throughout to test what foods kick me out and which ones don't for ss+ as I'm a sucker for carrotts but they are not on the allowed list. X
I ordered some off amazon and they are being delivered tomorrow!! :D

Hi guys!!!!

Beth
X
Hi Newgirl, and welcome! Totally unrelated but I just HATE the freaking autocorrect on my phone... Didn't want to take "newgirl" but was totally OK changing it to mew-girl and meh-girl... What the @#%* heck???
Everyone's so worried about ketosis... But in the end, even if you're not in it, trust me with such low calories you're still creating a calorie deficit and losing! Ketosis should be seen as an extra bonus... The ketosticks are funny... I've never turned one EVER.. And lose I did!

So glad to see u girls have stayed on track. I've woken this morning with a new state of mind and so far nothing naughty has passed my lips. It's still early but here's to hoping that this will be my official restart :) x
Good for you Monica! Weigh-in for me is tomorrow and this weekend was just filled with invites etc☠ I know I won't show a loss

For me strangely if I think about it, it's no nice AT ALL... The bad breath is one thing.. But I get no sleep, have frightful nightmares and bad night sweats!!
Certain food smells make me gag, and my stomach sounds like a subway station during rush hour... Um yeah that one is nice during business meetings!

Back