Minimins is back .. Are any Cambridge Dieters Back

Heheheheh :D Thanks for helping me keep it real ;)...So today is day 2 and I'm sipping my strawberry shake (yummm) as I type. Already had a cup of coffee with skim milk this morning and I have a gazillion different flavor sachets in my bag to keep me on track. If I need to take an extra sachet or 2 I rather do that than get a couple packs of biscuits...the thought of doing that has been tempting me all night!:(. I'm reallllllly struggling here!!! I wore a (now 2 yr old :cool:) size 12 suit of mine that's starting to feel a tad bit snug! I'm mortified!!! I can't go back, never!!! #WarCry!!!

Yeah, I've got these jeans on, I can't say which size because I'm THAT embarrassed!! But all I can say is that it is the biggest size since the birth of my son AND I REFUSE to buy anything bigger!
So I'm sat here with jeans just digging in my waist and a muffin top :(
But it's extra incentives to get rid of this crap once and for all! I'm just uncomfortable as heck!

Wow! I can just imagine!!! I think being fed up really is what will really drive us to fight the battle of the bulge...to keep fighting the battle too coz you never really win for good. And if you start feeling too relaxed and comfortable, then bam, bigger jeans are needed. And growing older doesn't help! Slow and sluggish metabolism, anyone? :D

I'm happy you're here to keep me in check, E - I hope I do a good job of keeping you in check too ;).

I've done a soup and a bar already. Now I'm onto water; I'm going to do whatever it takes to get through today without slipping up!!!:mad:

Well today was weird... I had a tetra this am and plenty of coffee and water, then I had nibbles here and there if 2 bars - the chocolate and the PB... (1/2 of each because I couldn't make my mind up) and the spaghetti tonight. Not hungry but quite sleepy! That last meal really hits the spot for me... I don't have cravings afterwards. Problem is I'm on 4 products a day... So I need to rearrange my schedule to fit something before the spag dinner. I'm too tall to survive on 3/day!
Still 100% and my mind completely in it though

Lollll!!! Hi-5 to us tall ladies:D Sometimes I honestly think how cambridge would have been for me on only 3 sachets! I honestly respect people on 3 a day, really!!! Yes, I agree with that last meal thing. Last meal, plenty of water and off to bed :D. I'm struggling to get my mind in the zone though, so I'm just taking every day as it comes coz I'm really determined!!!

Lollll!!! Hi-5 to us tall ladies:D Sometimes I honestly think how cambridge would have been for me on only 3 sachets! I honestly respect people on 3 a day, really!!! Yes, I agree with that last meal thing. Last meal, plenty of water and off to bed :D. I'm struggling to get my mind in the zone though, so I'm just taking every day as it comes coz I'm really determined!!!

Last time I did CWP successfully I'd sometimes have 4 and a meal (SS+) because frankly SS+ being the same for everyone just sounded odd! And I'd still lose. How tall are you?
Re the zone, it's a weird balance to diet without it isn't it? Haven't been in it for 2,5 years now and it shows, but it's not something you can force/Will or buy much less fake so j say when you're in it, just go for it and don't stop no matter what until you get to goal!!

I'm 5-10. How tall are you? Weekend almost over! Struggling to land it with minimal casualties to my sole source plan . Temptations everywhere!!! Why can't everyone around me also be on a diet? Would make it so much easier, sigh...

I am new on this forum and it is my first day on SS.
Hi Confused123!!! Welcome on board. So how did day 1 go? Fill us in on your experience as well as your flavor preference being you are quite new to all this :D. How much weight do you need to lose?

Shake roll call for me today :D Chocolate laced with coffee this morning :D. I've lined up a mango shake and a tomato soup for later. My maple and pecan porridge will be the night meal for me today. I just read through that and it sounds like an odd mix of shakes for me today, ooooh!!!

I'm 5-10. How tall are you? Weekend almost over! Struggling to land it with minimal casualties to my sole source plan . Temptations everywhere!!! Why can't everyone around me also be on a diet? Would make it so much easier, sigh...
I'm 6ft on the dot! I know what you mean about everyone else eating.. I have to cook for the kids when I get home and that is "temptation" city! How are you doing? did you survive the weekend? Just think, in like a couple of weeks, you'll look and feel a lot slimmer!

Shake roll call for me today :D Chocolate laced with coffee this morning :D. I've lined up a mango shake and a tomato soup for later. My maple and pecan porridge will be the night meal for me today. I just read through that and it sounds like an odd mix of shakes for me today, ooooh!!!
Wow, I'm impressed! I had a porridge this morning with coffee and a drop of choc tetra in it, vegetable soup for lunch.
I'm still at work and ravenous. Will go home and prepare my spaghetti bolognese! Just can't wait :banana_dancer:

Hi It's my second week I have tried this diet three times now But this is the longest I've stuck to it
I'm doing ss+ as I find it a lot easier for myself But on Wednesday I'm going to try ss for that week see how it goes

Ooh that hit the spot!
Polished off an original porridge as well! Now my tummy is nice and warm
Going to get ready for bed before I transform into the Cookie Monster

Oh guys u all seem so on track and I can't make it through a day? It seems so much harder this time :-(. I've used the last of the shakes I had left over from last time and planned to go it alone, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I only had chocolate tetras last time nothing else but it's so expensive and I just can't afford the £50 per week! Any advice gratefully received

Oh guys u all seem so on track and I can't make it through a day? It seems so much harder this time :-(. I've used the last of the shakes I had left over from last time and planned to go it alone, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I only had chocolate tetras last time nothing else but it's so expensive and I just can't afford the £50 per week! Any advice gratefully received

Oh Monica, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time! I don't think I can even feel I can give you any advice... Since my first time, I've attempted and failed so many times it's just pathetic!
Either you take the all or nothing approach and it is win/fail, or you decide to cut yourself some slack (keep bits of chicken etc) OR you move up to a plan with which you feel comfortable and work your way down. it's got to be better than yo-yoing which is what i've been doing lately.
Also the mindframe counts for a lot! when my heads in it, it's 100%... If I say I need to lose weight but my head is not "convinced" - forget it!
If you set yourself little goals perhaps as well? I'm focused on the next 10lbs, after that, we'll see as I'm not there yet!

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! I've started and stopped so much this time around that I can't almost believe I did it at a stretch once upon a time practically effortlessly! What keeps me going is because deep down inside I know I can. So I find myself flexing it a bit - between sole source to sole source plus to sole source 'plus-plus' (my invention :p); as long as I don't go off track. The important thing is to keep focused, be determined and keep your goals simple and realistic. I'm not out for a crash diet or to just drop a few pounds and move on...I'm actually trying to pace my weight loss in such a way I keep off the pounds for good. That means I must check portion sizes and I must be mindful of what I eat. I realized from my last effort on Cambridge that discipline needs to be developed; it is not automatic and the routine I adopted on the plan reflected awesome amounts of discipline. I strive for that level of discipline once more :D. ...and I know it's round the corner ;).

:DI really love your cookie monster icon, E... :D Nice touch :D...my kid is fascinated by it too

....So!!! Shake roll call for today: Peanut crunch bar (bite me; either that or I won't be responsible for my actions and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT :D :p ), lovely smashingly ice cold banana shake; a tomato basil yum yum soup and my hot cross maple and pecan porridge for dinner. Or spag Bolognese. Or cappuccino... or whatever according to what my fluctuating hormones direct at the time...oh help me!!!:cool: So love love love having 4 a day :p #sigh!!!

....So!!! Shake roll call for today: Peanut crunch bar (bite me; either that or I won't be responsible for my actions and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT :D :p ), lovely smashingly ice cold banana shake; a tomato basil yum yum soup and my hot cross maple and pecan porridge for dinner. Or spag Bolognese. Or cappuccino... or whatever according to what my fluctuating hormones direct at the time...oh help me!!!:cool: So love love love having 4 a day :p #sigh!!!

So much to choose from :rolleyes:... Have you tried Exante before? I'm asking because some of their packs look real good. I don't do shakes because i'm lactose intolerant, even with the porridge and the bars I get upset stomachs sometimes, spaghetti bolo doesn't bother me much, so I was wondering if adding variety could actually help me. I am in it for the long run as well and something you wrote resonated in me. I'm not in for the crash-diet. I have 6 stones to lose and then comes the hardest, maintenance, so I'm not just doing a hit and run... I need something to keep me sane

:DI really love your cookie monster icon, E... :D Nice touch :D...my kid is fascinated by it too

Yeah, made them for my son's 2 bday... I was high on Cambridge at the time, I tasted nothing, not even the frosting. If I were to repeat the experience, I'd say 1-2 would probably go unaccounted for! :eatdrink023:

Back