Minimins is back .. Are any Cambridge Dieters Back

Ok, I've confirmed that for me the higher calorie packs are serious no go areas and keto breakers!:upyours:otherwise how else do you explain hunger pangs the morning after spaghetti bolognese. And a peanut bar. It's my fault, right? Yah, I knew you'd say that:cool:

Anywayssss pure shakes soups and porridges for me from now till Wednesday night when I fly to Dubai for a few days vacation and if you've read anything I've written before you'll know airplanes are my "duty free" zones as far as diets are concerned

Let's melt a few more pounds till then :woohoo:#OffToSipMyWaterAndShakeCombo

I used to weigh almost 300 pounds. Now I weigh under 180 but my body seems to always remember the 300 pound life. Sigh!!! Seems I will always have to steer clear of sugar for good. And if I hear one more mention of lifestyle change I will have someone's head in place of a shake this afternoon! Higher carbs = weight gain for me, lol!!!

Ok, I've confirmed that for me the higher calorie packs are serious no go areas and keto breakers!:upyours:otherwise how else do you explain hunger pangs the morning after spaghetti bolognese. And a peanut bar. It's my fault, right? Yah, I knew you'd say that:cool:

Wow really? Seeing how much you've lost, you know your body. It's crazy how some are sensitive and some aren't - would it have anything to do with what kind of eater you are? I'm lactose intolerant so all my life, I've steered clear of desserts and sweets etc. And I'm not a fan of starches except pulses I guess - I love meat, love fish... but 1 calorie=1calorie and you can also gain weight on proteins! It's also why I've always failed on diets like Atkins, I was already high up there in the protein brackets...

Anywayssss pure shakes soups and porridges for me from now till Wednesday night when I fly to Dubai for a few days vacation and if you've read anything I've written before you'll know airplanes are my "duty free" zones as far as diets are concerned
My goodness! So am I! I once sat next to a lady who pulled out an apple during a transatlantic flight and that's all she had! :eek: I love the variety you can have, it passes the time as well - however, I steer clear of alcohol and carbonated drinks because I bloat.
I was also told by an airline chef that the food prepared for flights that the salt they put is higher than what is allowable on the ground due to altitude and how it alters your taste buds!

Hmmm in response to you, E, I think it's really a mix of different stuff of which genetics and metabolism have a strong role to play among other things like cultural and lifestyle influences from childhood to date . It's also probably one of the reasons why different diets have different success rates with different people. If you are lucky enough to stumble across one which finally works for you then yippee! So the next thing is to try find out what caused weight gain in the first place. The final thing is obviously (but not so easily lol) to steer clear/avoid/manage the cause(carbs, calories,lack of exercise, whatever)

The honest truth is weight loss and weight gain by the way, does not have a one size fits all solution. I usually avoid arguments that tend to go for one method or against another method for this very reason!

Meanwhile I had a mix of mango shake with Cappucino this morning with hot water, and wowwwwww!!!!!! It sure beats any latte I've ever had!

It's a real keeper! I even had the rest of the mix for lunch!!!

I think I will try mixing banana with Cappucino next hahahahahah!

Meanwhile I had a mix of mango shake with Cappucino this morning with hot water, and wowwwwww!!!!!! It sure beats any latte I've ever had!

It's a real keeper! I even had the rest of the mix for lunch!!!

I think I will try mixing banana with Cappucino next hahahahahah!

wow what an odd combination! and it was good you say?

Quick update. 100% on plan lost 4lbs this week and 9lbs last week that's 13lbs in 14days. So glad I'm finally "in the zone" wouldn't have go there without you guys. Xx

Wow T hat's great! It's like a pound a day - you should feel proud.
Looking forward to hearing more positive loss in the weeks to come and btw, that weightloss was 100% you, so own it! :thankyouthankyou:
Xx

Ok, so Cappuccino and banana is gross. As gross as it sounds; still wondering how Mango tastes any better?!?!?! So I'm taking the diet every day at a time, lol, Life could be a lot worse, innit? ;)

Yes one day at a time, I can't do more either... The big picture overwhelms me... You are actually probably at my goal weight right now - funny how life seems greener on the other side - My goal is 175 and I know it will be a b*tch to get to - But I'm going to get there and figure out a way to stay there - for me it's sports, when I'm in it, it's to win

Weight loss is one thing; but weight maintenance is a totally different ball game. Such a roller coaster ride of constant fear of weight gain especially when you see a lot of people happily pack it all back on in much less time than it took to lose it. Besides very few people ever reach target weight (I mean those very optimistic and not too realistic targets) so the weight maintenance stage finds its way moonlighting between weight loss and weight stability and pound creep too unfortunately. Sometimes it seems to beg the question is it really worth it? But I guess its the motivation behind it that matters. If I see myself about to give it all up I just remember I will always be a few pounds away from diabetes and a lifetime of insulin shots and that sure as h*ll shuts the carb craving b@itch monster back up ;).

I had the Blackberry Smoothie today. Tastes really yoghurty :p. Don't care much for yoghurt :D. All in all, it tastes ok, but doesn't come near my regular chocolate mint and key lime pie favorites. :D.

I'm trying the Mac and Cheese tonight :p Yummmm

I hear you Xtracute! My motivation isn't general like being in shape so I can live longer... Who doesn't want that right? I do want to be a good role-model for my kids as well... BUT first and foremost I want to go back to my sport and to be able to keep up with my husband when we go dirt biking

I'm back....lost 5 stones 4 years ago....and put it back on gradually. Now heavier than when I started.
sole source started this morning!!!.....bring it on!!!!

I'm so glad this is back! :) I started on Monday after a rather over indulgent extended Christmas period lasting from end of November to early February. Here goes .......

Holiday over for me; so back to the business of reaching target....yet again. Thankfully I was in the zone throughout last week and dropped 5 kg; only to put back most of that (yeah water weight;)) while on holiday even though I tried to be good. Now to attack the fat yet again...

Thanks, E!!! I'm actually back in ketosis, the water weight is off and I'm melting pounds. I feel on top of the world at the moment, actually :D

Over and over again it becomes clear to me that weight loss needs to be taken care of from the brain before any other body part can be expected to co-operate - and with any other part of the body that means the mouth, the tummy, the hands, the nose, the eyes and even the feet which take us all the way to the fridge/candystore/fast food joint e.t.c. I think that's what all this 'getting into the zone talk' is all about. It's mental preparation. Coming back here every now and then is part of my mental stimulation exercise; so whenever I feel the blues or whenever I need encouragement I find myself trolling the web for more ideas on weight loss - especially success stories, weight maintenance diets, fitness exercises, eating disorders :eek: - I also check out weight rebound stories too to remind myself how easy and human it is to pack on the pounds virtually overnight. Minimins is special coz it brings together like-minded people who are losing weight with the method you've (currently :p) chosen. So what's your 'getting in the zone' method and how is it working for you?:D Do share!!!

Back