MinkyDinkys SW Success Diary!!

A Nandos Virgin?! I didn't think those existed anymore - but then again I looooooove the chickin!

You could do a butterfly, but I really like to be a greedy grunt and go for half a chicken (medium heat or Lemon and Herb) with spicy rice and salad and halloumi as a HEA tweak. I always remove the skin (honest guv!) and then douse it with yet more fresh sauce. The sauce is really low in syns but I usually have a really low syn day and dedicate the rest of the syns, like 10 to my favouritist tasty takeaway treat.

xx

So I've cancelled Nandos - I will forever be a virgin! Just not feeling up to it, well run down. This weekend is one solely dedicated to chilling the eff out.

Dinner instead will be a sw friendly roast. Going to do chicken, tatties and veg.

Syns have been put on 2 gingernuts (5) chocolate digestive (4) and the 2 from earlier. 11 total, and 2 for gravy later. Sorted. Xx

Hello Monday! You come along far too quickly for my liking. Weekend was on plan ish - total lack of appetite due to pain killers but managed to get through half a tub of ben and jerrys phish food yesterday.... oops! At least its out the flat now.

Today is on plan nicely and i'm feeling a bit better, lets see how the tablets affect me today.

So far...

B) 1 slice wm toast, butter and marmite. 1 syn and half hexb.
Then B2) granola (hexb), fruit (mango, pineapple, strawberries and banana) with coconut milk (HexA) and chia seeds 2 syns.
L) mug shot and fruit salad, danio yog 1 syn
D) mushroom, onion and cheddar (HexA) omelette with beans (squirt of ketchup 1 syn)
Snack - banana. Total syns 5.

9.5 weeks to Mauritius and I want a stone off for then so sticking to the plan and not drinking apart from Hen do's that are planned. Luckily my tablets refrain me from doing so which is nice that I don't have to make excuses - it is what it is!

Hope everyone had a great weekend xxx

Wow a stone in 9.5 wks that's a challenge, you can do it though.

I think its do-able. 2lbs a week and a week or 2 for slip ups. Hopefully this first week properly on plan and then the second week will give me a good loss to make a dent in it. Really focussed now. Need to be. I have a bridesmaid dress to look good in!!

What's the dress like hun? You will look gorge, regardless of what the scales say, but I know the feeling. I've got my friends wedding in 9 weeks too and I sooooo want to shift a stone by then! Want to have made a good dent in it by the hen do in 5 weeks...the bride has done amazingly and lost a fair bit on SW so I want to feel good when I look back on the photos! xxx

Its a turquoise-y mint dress, strapless, knee length, sort of a chiffon material? Its gorge. I just don't want any 'belly' under it. And I currently do. Anyone recommend any smoothing suck me in pants?!
I'm sure if we both put our minds to it we can smash at least 7-10lbs out the water hun! Just takes dedication and planning. I see you've not been well tho, make sure you eat enough to help with your energy levels sweetie.
Whats your outfit like for the wedding? Are your bday shoes coming out to play for it? They were seriously amazing! Xx

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday. Hmmmm.

Busy work day ahead and not really got any idea what I am doing food wise. Think its going to be:

B) fruit salad and yogurt (1 syn)
L) beans on toast, banana,
D) not sure... either mince or quorn sausages. Hmmm. Thinking cap needs to be on and its too early for that!

Have a good day all. Will be nosying at diaries later for part catch up / part inspiration! Xxx

Dress sounds lovely, if you do need suck you in pants, I bought mine from Debenhams years ago & they are fab, my sister bought some a few wks ago from M&S & didn't like them she said they just didn't work!
Thanks Michelle, I will have to take a trip to Debenhams at the weekend then. I remember trying some on in M&S one time and thought they were cr@p also! xx

You saying about the colour of the dress reminded me about your hair, did you keep it dark when you had it done or go back to red?

As much as I probably should do I don't know about the pull in pant things sorry hun x

I have gone lighter with my hair, multi tones of blondes (caramel/honey) and some slightly darker tones too. Its not stripy or anything!! And its nearly all one length to the jaw, grown so quick! xx

Food has not gone to plan AT all today. Not off plan but just extremely stressful and drama's happening that really just put me off my appetite again.

B) Skipped... mid morn a small banana
L) 2 x toast (HexB) topped with marmite
Snack - Alpen light 3 syns, danio yogurt 1, gingernut biscuit 2.5 (total 6.5)
D) Baked mince and veggies with new potatoes. 2 syns max for gravy granules.

Will probably have a pear later after dinner or a snack a jacks caramel for 2 syns I think.

Feel exhausted today and looking forward to finishing, some form of relaxing and getting tucked up into my new fresh bedding.

Happy hump day!

Managed to have my on plan dinner but had a small bit of apple cinnamon cake my sister made as a way to cheer me up.... I sent the rest home with her so I wouldn't eat the rest! Bless her. Came over with a little miss sunshine mug, hand warmers and a bar of aero too. Work colleague surprised me with a bunch of roses and lillies. Everyone is just far too kind. Need to repay the 'karma favour' so on the look out now.

Today is another busy day and we have one of the last redundancy leavers going today. Out for lunch and have already checked out the menu and will have either jacket with beans & cheese OR steak with jacket instead of chips. Depending on what I have depends on dinner tonight.

Breakfast is the fruit salad I attempted to eat twice yesterday (!) With yogurt.

Have a good day everyone xxx

Hi Hun

I think you can totally achieve your weight loss goal in that time as long as you stay motivated and work at it :) which I know you can and will :)

The dress sounds gorgeous and I'm sure that you will look beautiful in it

Sorry to hear you're not feeling like your usual self xxxx

Its a turquoise-y mint dress, strapless, knee length, sort of a chiffon material? Its gorge. I just don't want any 'belly' under it. And I currently do. Anyone recommend any smoothing suck me in pants?!
I'm sure if we both put our minds to it we can smash at least 7-10lbs out the water hun! Just takes dedication and planning. I see you've not been well tho, make sure you eat enough to help with your energy levels sweetie.
Whats your outfit like for the wedding? Are your bday shoes coming out to play for it? They were seriously amazing! Xx

Sounds totally lush! Love it! My sucky-in slip was from John Lewis I think; they are fab. But Debenhams have a great selection too. I think Primark do quite a lot now too.

I think I'm wearing a navy lacy dress from Next - long sleeves and quite high at the front with a deep V at the back - will try and take a pic at some point. Yes, then plan is to wear the birthday shoes and find a suitably glitzy gold bag to match (there is a Louboutin one that matches, but at £1100, that's not going to happen unless I manage to win the lottery between now and 15 November!!).

Yeah being poorly has been tricky - managing to stay mostly on plan, but big meals are making me feel a bit sick and I've been finding myself having just a couple of biscuits instead sometimes because it makes me feel better. Saw 10.8 on the scales this morning, so happy with progress so far. Like you say, just need to keep at it!!

xx

Hey minx. Looks like we've both been struggling a bit lately - I hope you're ok.

It's the same old, same old I think. Planning the plan (PLP) :) is the only thing that helps me, even when I'm constantly dropping off.

Sucky in pants? Try M&S, TK MAXX or surprisingly cheap BHS.

All the best.

Hi Hun

I think you can totally achieve your weight loss goal in that time as long as you stay motivated and work at it :) which I know you can and will :)

The dress sounds gorgeous and I'm sure that you will look beautiful in it

Sorry to hear you're not feeling like your usual self xxxx
Hey Jess,
I am in motivated mode, its just being poorly makes me feel a bit... lazy about everything and I can't be bothered! But going to keep my motivated hat on and get there (or as close to!!) xxx

Sounds totally lush! Love it! My sucky-in slip was from John Lewis I think; they are fab. But Debenhams have a great selection too. I think Primark do quite a lot now too.

I think I'm wearing a navy lacy dress from Next - long sleeves and quite high at the front with a deep V at the back - will try and take a pic at some point. Yes, then plan is to wear the birthday shoes and find a suitably glitzy gold bag to match (there is a Louboutin one that matches, but at £1100, that's not going to happen unless I manage to win the lottery between now and 15 November!!).

Yeah being poorly has been tricky - managing to stay mostly on plan, but big meals are making me feel a bit sick and I've been finding myself having just a couple of biscuits instead sometimes because it makes me feel better. Saw 10.8 on the scales this morning, so happy with progress so far. Like you say, just need to keep at it!!

xx
Sarah your dress/outfit is going to look amazing!! I love a lacy dress, and it sounds super foxy! Shame that the matching bag being slightly... extortionate!
I will have to pop to John Lewis when I am in Westfield next week for the sucky pants, thanks for the heads up!
And well done on the drop on the scales, keep at it hun! Hope that you are feeling a bit better too xxx

Hey minx. Looks like we've both been struggling a bit lately - I hope you're ok.

It's the same old, same old I think. Planning the plan (PLP) :) is the only thing that helps me, even when I'm constantly dropping off.

Sucky in pants? Try M&S, TK MAXX or surprisingly cheap BHS.

All the best.
Hey Sally! I think I need to set up time for a bit of PLP! I think a Saturday morning with a cuppa, doing my food shop online for a Sunday morning delivery will be the best thing. How are you getting on? Will pop along and catch up on everyones recent goings ons... takes a while but I will get there!

And thanks also for the sucky pants places - a trip to town is needed! xxx

Hey all,

Yesterday was on plan (ish) but my appetite wasn't really there - its been up and down like a yo yo at the moment.
I had:

B) mango, rasps, blobs, granola and chia seeds with a dash of coconut milk (HexB, 2 syns, part HexA)
L) Jacket spud, cheese, beans, salad, dressing (1 syn, HexA)
D) Heres where I lost my appetite. I ended up with a small bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes simply so I could take my tablets
Syns - I did have a mini banoffee pie that was the size of a muffin case. so along with the cornflakes, over syns but not a hugely calorific day (Possibly??)

Today is slightly better food wise.

B) Boiled egg toasted sandwich with ketchup (HexB and 1 syn)
L) Mugshot, sliced ham, Danio yog, skips, berry fruit salad (6 syns)
D) FINALLY NANDOS!! Going for Butterfly chick (3.5), spicy rice (2.5), corn on the cob, halloumi (HexA)

Now, I have never had Nandos, nor have I had halloumi, but for a quid I thought I would give it a try!

Nearly the weekend - thank god! I think the only way to describe how I am right now is exhausted. I rest on weekends but come Wednesday that's it, I feel screwed. Have come down with a cold this week, last week was a sore throat. I have frozen shoulder so on Naproxen and Tramadol (and co codamol in between!). The tablets mean I fluctuate between constipation and cant-stop-ation. My skin on my face is somewhat rougher than a badgers @rse and sore to the point of weeping in places. I'm done in! I need to rest and chill and I know it all sounds very dramatic or over the top but its how I feel.

Any recommendations for rest/chill or pamper or anything to help with any (or all!) of the above... well appreciated!!!

and on that happy note... :D

Happy Friday Eve! xxx

Back